User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Pretty impressed with this show so far. Made it through three episodes. It seems much more "realistic" than a lot of other TV fare.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Must... stay... quiet! We just watched the mid-season finale tonight. So I don't want to comment lest I spoil things for you. But if you have access to AMC they'll be running every episode back-to-back on NYE and NYD.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Good show! I just got into it this season so can't wait to see it New Years.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Here it is @ Jennifer

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Must... stay... quiet! We just watched the mid-season finale tonight. So I don't want to comment lest I spoil things for you. But if you have access to AMC they'll be running every episode back-to-back on NYE and NYD.
    Cool.

Sorry, I didn't find the old thread, didn't mean to start a new one. Darnit. If you want to merge them, you can.

Four episodes into it now, and it's damned good, and pretty brutal. I hope it remains such. (Again, this is why I have a hard time with shows like Terra Nova and Revolution; they don't seem very real to me, and the latter even plays at violence but doesn't have the courage to actually show it.)

The only thing good with only six episodes in Season #1 is that it was less intimidating to commit to Season #1, it can be a slog to get through a season when you're power-watching.

It's nice to see actors I miss from other series -- notably Laurie Holden, who had such an intriguing character on X-Files (who was hooking up unexpectedly with Nick Lea, AKA Alex Krycek, AKA "Ratboy"). She was always interesting.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I love this show!!!! My favority bit is what you mentioned @Jennifer about the realism. I feel like keeping to world very close to how things really are makes it more disconcerting. As the series continuous I think they hold on to this and I really like it. The fact that there are herds and a sort of a "rules" to what draws the walkers, how fast they are, how responsive they are that the survivors have to strategize with is interesting to me. Also eating, traveling, supplies.

There also not afraid to kill people, like amy, I think that's very daring and great.

I think the wave in four stopped because it was only a small herd?

I <3 the Walking Dead! I've been watching religiously since it started. I so don't want to wait until February to watch it again!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Does anyone know where to find the compiled video of the web series about the Bicycle zombie -- the upper half of the zombie that Rick put out of its misery back in the pilot? I forget her actual name, but I was hoping there was a compiled version on the web somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I love this show!!!! My favority bit is what you mentioned about the realism. I feel like keeping to world very close to how things really are makes it more disconcerting. As the series continuous I think they hold on to this and I really like it. The fact that there are herds and a sort of a "rules" to what draws the walkers, how fast they are, how responsive they are that the survivors have to strategize with is interesting to me. Also eating, traveling, supplies.
    Yeah, it is keeping with exploring the actual dynamics of what might occur during such an event. I think that's essential, because then the audience can try to work out what the characters might sensibly do, along with the characters.

There also not afraid to kill people, like amy, I think that's very daring and great.
    It's kind of the same things I liked about Lost during its best years. Complex/nuanced characters (that were well-acted), a fairly gritty and realistic approach, and a sense that no character was sacred and there was real danger / potential to lose any character at any time.

I think the wave in four stopped because it was only a small herd?
    It was more that they came from nowhere so I wasn't sure how large the herd was, and so I didn't know if the edges of the herd was so clearly demarcated. Why were they walking in a herd? I could expect stragglers to keep wandering in, so to speak, if the zombies were just slowly filtering out of the city. In any case, my issue is just that I wouldn't want to stay in that locale any longer, because I wouldn't know if more would trickle in at any time... and even one of them is bad, because one bite can be devastating.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Does anyone know where to find the compiled video of the web series about the Bicycle zombie -- the upper half of the zombie that Rick put out of its misery back in the pilot? I forget her actual name, but I was hoping there was a compiled version on the web somewhere...

Yeah, it is keeping with exploring the actual dynamics of what might occur during such an event. I think that's essential, because then the audience can try to work out what the characters might sensibly do, along with the characters.

It's kind of the same things I liked about Lost during its best years. Complex/nuanced characters (that were well-acted), a fairly gritty and realistic approach, and a sense that no character was sacred and there was real danger / potential to lose any character at any time.

It was more that they came from nowhere so I wasn't sure how large the herd was, and so I didn't know if the edges of the herd was so clearly demarcated. Why were they walking in a herd? I could expect stragglers to keep wandering in, so to speak, if the zombies were just slowly filtering out of the city. In any case, my issue is just that I wouldn't want to stay in that locale any longer, because I wouldn't know if more would trickle in at any time... and even one of them is bad, because one bite can be devastating.

Not sure about why they would be in hards except that they do respond to noise and movement so maybe the just sort of follow one another aimlessly. And since they eat animals, like the horse, I guess the could have followed some animal out there.

The comparison to lost is pretty good. both had the idea of continual power struggle as well as a love triangle. (and In my opinion annoying female lead characters). But I feel like Walking dead does it better just because Rick isn't quite so Idealized as Jack. Rick is a good leader, can handle zombies but isn't all that funny or charismatic or a ladies man. Sometimes on lost it just seemed like everything always came back to jack. It seems like the walking dead has more strong members, which makes sense since they are the "survivors". i thought the comparison of rick and shane was pretty good. Shane being narrowly focused on lori and carl, and rick having a broader sense of responsibility to "people".

I didn't enjoy the ditch digging thing just because it introduced and element of "magic" that I felt didn't need to be in there. I know zombies are realistic, but they do such a good job making it real, that didn't sit well with me.

I think you'll like it. Season 2 is much longer so it's weird to watch right after the first season (what I did) because the pace becomes different. Still a great show but just a transition. On the other hand I watched season 1 and 2 in like two days while I was sick).

I think you'll enjoy it because .....I can't say!!!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    The comparison to lost is pretty good. both had the idea of continual power struggle as well as a love triangle. (and In my opinion annoying female lead characters). But I feel like Walking dead does it better just because Rick isn't quite so Idealized as Jack. Rick is a good leader, can handle zombies but isn't all that funny or charismatic or a ladies man. Sometimes on lost it just seemed like everything always came back to jack.
    Funny. I would have said that Rick is more idealized than jack. Jack had a lot of demons on his back, and wasn't really well-understood by the others, even if they saw him as a leader; he was very alone. Rick seems much more like the 'good cop' that the rest automatically look up too (he wears his freaking uniform, for goodness sake), and he's married and has a kid so it's not like he's available to attract women anyway. Who did Jack ever bed besides Kate and Juliette?

it's funny that I'm probably closer to Rick in temperament, but I like Jack better and find him more complex right now.

It seems like the walking dead has more strong members, which makes sense since they are the "survivors". i thought the comparison of rick and shane was pretty good. Shane being narrowly focused on lori and carl, and rick having a broader sense of responsibility to "people".
    Well, in terms of verbalized duty; but in terms of behavior, both of them are pretty group centered as Shane has still tried to take charge and keep things going and the individual group members protected. I'd probably say that Rick is ISTJ as portrayed so far, but Shane might be more F or have a strong undercurrent that lets makes him honor a few commitments above the group.

I didn't enjoy the ditch digging thing just because it introduced and element of "magic" that I felt didn't need to be in there. I know zombies are realistic, but they do such a good job making it real, that didn't sit well with me.
    It depends on how far they take it. if there really was "magic" involved, then I don't like that; b ut sometimes in weird situations, people have ominous feelings that might or might not pan out. Here they did. If that KEEPS happening, I won't like it; sometimes they should feel doom over their heads without it coming to pass, just like IRL.