User Tag List

First 12341252 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I'm really enjoying it, too! I love the vicarious nature of the set-up. I'm always kind of thinking about what I'd do in a life-or-death situation as I'm watching. They've done a good job mixing the personal drama with the survival stuff, too.

Surely they won't let the kids die! I'm surprised they haven't found Sophia yet, though. Did you wonder where the herd went? It seems weird they'd just keep moving in same direction like that. But I don't expect a whole lot of realism from this show--I think that would ruin it.

Did you know Rick is British? Best American accent since Lee Adama in Battlestar Galactica.

This is a pretty hilarious re-cap: http://videogum.com/393602/the-walki...ind/tv/recaps/
    Something Witty

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Thanks. I found the promo but couldn't really tell so I dug deeper and found a synopsis of the comic books. If the show follows the comics, I have a pretty good idea what's to come, assuming they follow the comics which I think so far they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm really enjoying it, too! I love the vicarious nature of the set-up. I'm always kind of thinking about what I'd do in a life-or-death situation as I'm watching. They've done a good job mixing the personal drama with the survival stuff, too.
    There is something fascinating about survival and I've often wondered how I'd do in such a situation. All zombie stories have such a diverse group of characters too, which for me is also part of the appeal. I've always assume I'd panic and be the first one to be bitten/eaten, but hopefully survival instincts and adaptability would kick in and I'd live to see another day, day after day. ;P

Surely they won't let the kids die! I'm surprised they haven't found Sophia yet, though. Did you wonder where the herd went? It seems weird they'd just keep moving in same direction like that. But I don't expect a whole lot of realism from this show--I think that would ruin it.

Did you know Rick is British? Best American accent since Lee Adama in Battlestar Galactica.
    Yes, his accent is very good! I was really surprised when I saw him on this show and remembered him from the movie, Love Actually. He is for sure a cutie!
    This is a pretty hilarious re-cap: http://videogum.com/393602/the-walki...ind/tv/recaps/
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

I'll be glad if both kids are dead; they're dead weights, along with that nut job Carol. I know it sounds harsh, but if I were in their situation the last thing I'd need or want around me are dead weights.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Carl is probably not dead. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed Sophie off-screen, though.

I was watching the show with my younger sister, and she made me laugh when she claimed that Rick looks like a younger version of Viggo Mortensen.

God, the first part of the premiere was so good, what with trying to hide from the herd and all. This show actually has me looking forward to the next episode.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTP

I really would be okay, actually, with the killing off of the children, if it wouldn't trigger a big cry-fest amongst the adults for episodes on end.

Is it me, or was Sophia's mom really mismatched with the abusive guy (before he got zombied), casting-wise? She looks like she'd run a feminist bookstore in Seattle, and he looks like he crawled out of the backwoods of Georgia.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Yes, they didn't go well together. I think her short hair was from cancer and it's growing back, if memory serves.

Kids are always an irritant in these types of situations but for me as a Mom, I hope they find Sophia. When will people wise up and STAY together! "Wait here" rarely works!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP

And thank you to @Tigerlily for the videogum link! I am loving that guy's recaps! Hilarious.

Edit: Haha, I'm up to the comments section in the recap, and other folks seem to share my thoughts about Dale/T-Dog/name hilarity.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTP

Something Witty

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Im pretty sure Daryl Dixon is my favorite thus far. More of him.

Loving this show. When I saw the end of the first episode this season (the scene with Carl), I literally made a big high pitched gasp. Getting a reaction out of me from a tv show or movie is rare.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~