User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Wait until you get to season 2 and the story goes all over the fucking map and downhill.
    Yeah--I've heard it gets dumb after a while...but I still think that the basic setup + the non-generic characters would have made TWD a lot better.

It does seem like writers just hit a wall with successful shows. I loved season 5 of 24--it's probably my favorite season of tv drama ever--but then the following season was a complete crapfest, and I just lost all interest and/or faith.
    Something Witty

I was a huge Lost fan when it first started. I watched the first season religiously and was looking forward to the second season with enormous anticipation, but I watched about four episodes of the second season and just tuned out. I tried getting back into it a couple times but it was just dumb.

figsfiggyfigs

Intps suck.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Intps suck.
    Who are you?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

figsfiggyfigs

Tu madre

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I love this show. Finale made up for some discrepancies in character actions.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Intps suck.
    Sorry, but there's no way around it. Lost got... lost... after the first year. From then on the plot meandered all over the god-damn place.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Sorry, but there's no way around it. Lost got... lost... after the first year. From then on the plot meandered all over the god-damn place.
    Season 2 and a good chunk of 3 weren't so hot, and felt especially filler-y. None of the people from the back half of the plane mattered in the long term. I've heard it was supposed to be a 6 season show, but after it was a hit the network pushed them to add at least another season. I'm not sure how much was planned from the get-go, but it's possible that was part of why those seasons weren't good. It found it's feet again later (for the most part) but it never felt quite like the first season again (which can be good, bad or neither, depending on what you like).

A bit off topic. Speaking of shows that meandered away and kinda stunk for a while, the first half of season 2 of Walking Dead wasn't very good! Also, some aspects of the rest of the show.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Season 2 and a good chunk of 3 weren't so hot, and felt especially filler-y. None of the people from the back half of the plane mattered in the long term. I've heard it was supposed to be a 6 season show, but after it was a hit the network pushed them to add at least another season. I'm not sure how much was planned from the get-go, but it's possible that was part of why those seasons weren't good. It found it's feet again later (for the most part) but it never felt quite like the first season again (which can be good, bad or neither, depending on what you like).

A bit off topic. Speaking of shows that meandered away and kinda stunk for a while, the first half of season 2 of Walking Dead wasn't very good! Also, some aspects of the rest of the show.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default The Walking Dead

I didn't see a thread for this when I searched. The first two seasons just got on Netflix, which is pretty awesome of them. (They're also running Season 1 of AHS.)

Never read the comic, so I am coming in fresh.

Just watched the pilot. It got a little slow with the conversations between Rick and the black guy, in the middle, but otherwise I thought it was pretty decent. These are your "slow" zombies (as opposed to the crazy hopped up ones out of 28 Days Later), so the pace is a bit slower, but that fits the tone of the series. I like how it doesn't really tone down the gritty parts, it's all pretty stark and honest. I was afraid Darabont might get a little too over-emotional, but so far it's all been pretty relevant and mixes the human aspects + grit well. He also played the parts with the zombie wife and the legless zombie for pathos. So the series seems to have a lot of potential since it doesn't try to tone things down but still tries to maintain a soul.

I guess it's into Season #3 at this point, and there's 19 episodes in the first two seasons altogether.

I find it pretty remarkable that this series (post-apocalyptic) could have provided some lessons to Revolution. In both cases we see in the first episode what a culture without power and easy access to tech looks like; but Revolution seems to be a joke in comparison. Both sets of characters even hit up a large nearby city (Chicago vs Atlanta), but only Atlanta really looks as one would expect. Revolution is likely to go the way of Terra Nova if it can't capture some more realism in its story.

Also leaves me thinking about Stephen King's "The Stand," which really should have been converted into a series lasting a few seasons rather than compacted with B-rate actors and script into a few hours of story. It really deserved a treatment like this show is getting. That was the big problem with the TV versions of The Stand as well as IT. I've tried to watch both of those, a few times, and they're bad enough that I just can't watch them for long; boring, not scary, and even laughable in places.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft