User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Know what I'd like to see, ZOMBIE ANIMALS, zombie dogs chasing after people.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

figsfiggyfigs

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

That was a great episode, seriously this whole season has been fantastic. Now I'm sad though cause I'll have to wait till fall to see any new episodes

Anyway, thoughts:

-Wow, only two people died this episode? And it was the minor of minor characters? Would've thought they killed off at least a few more people, but I suppose now that they'll be more room for character development (that means give T-Dog some more damn lines. I'm glad he spoke quite a bit in this episode, but he still has no real personality so to speak).

-Lori and Carl need to die. The kid because he's annoying, as are most kids. But mostly his acting is kinda lousy in my opinion; I don't feel convinced that he's a real person sometimes and honestly I don't really care about him. Lori, well I don't really need to go into those obvious detials, do I?

-Really? The herd is the same one from Atlanta/Highway? Seems, improbable (especially since it apparently tripled in fucking size) but whatever. Although I did laugh a bit when all the walkers turned unanimously when they heard the gun shot on the farm.

-Man that was really sad seeing Herschel look back at his farm, the whole place being overrun by walkers and the barn set ablaze. Really powerful emotional scene right there.

-The first half of that episode was extremely exciting and enjoyable; it had the perfect blend of action and on-the-edge-of-your-seat thrill to make it a true season finale.

-HOLY CRAP! That chick with the katana and the reveal of the prison was fucking amazing! I'm more than eager for the next upcoming season.

-Rick's speech at the end of the episode about how they're 'not a democracy anymore' was really good as well. I like how Rick has become a little more cynical now and almost is embracing a darker side of himself. Also, anyone else notice the societal themes in this show?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    That scene made me laugh so hard. Which is delightful.

Is it just me, or was the whole thing about them making camp a rather obvious plot hole? They're just going to spend the night and then continue exactly where they left off the day before? And where exactly would they all go (together, as Rick insists) to "gather supplies"? Wouldn't the highway have been the best bet?
    God damn it.

I am so damn pleased with how the second half of season 2 went. The writing has improved 100% from the awful first half of the season, and there were actual zombies in the last few episodes. Some thoughts...

- Hershel's reaction to the loss of his farm and the subsequent completion of his character's transformation was one of the best bits in the entire series to date.

- I think Shane's death was handled great...the faceoff with him and Rick was fantastic. I'd still like to know why he went batty though, especially ramming his head into that tree. Did something trigger that latent infection everyone has and cause him to seek his own death?

- I agree that Lori is annoying, but there is no way in hell she gets killed before that baby is born. She's probably the safest character in the show for now. Carl is also the only child, so I can't see how they'd kill him off either.

- Poor Dale. If this were real life, the loss of Dale would be the most significant loss possible. Not because he was a good fighter, but because he gave a shit and now nobody does except maybe Hershel.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I am so damn pleased with how the second half of season 2 went. The writing has improved 100% from the awful first half of the season, and there were actual zombies in the last few episodes. Some thoughts...

- Hershel's reaction to the loss of his farm and the subsequent completion of his character's transformation was one of the best bits in the entire series to date.

- I think Shane's death was handled great...the faceoff with him and Rick was fantastic. I'd still like to know why he went batty though, especially ramming his head into that tree. Did something trigger that latent infection everyone has and cause him to seek his own death?

- I agree that Lori is annoying, but there is no way in hell she gets killed before that baby is born. She's probably the safest character in the show for now. Carl is also the only child, so I can't see how they'd kill him off either.

- Poor Dale. If this were real life, the loss of Dale would be the most significant loss possible. Not because he was a good fighter, but because he gave a shit and now nobody does except maybe Hershel.
    Re: Shane, didn't he do that to himself, to look like Randall had ambushed him?

I think you're probably right about Lori and Carl, though I bet once the baby's born she becomes less safe. Stupid Carl's probably with us to the bitter end.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Fucking fantastic episode.

SEASON FINALE SPOILERS AHOY: My thoughts so far.

* Lori is still a cunt. At first I thought she was mad about Carl shooting a walker, which is understandable. Then I realized she's mad at Rick. Is she mad he killed Shane? This makes no sense to me.
    I've re watched it several times and it seems to be based on her reaction, that she's pissed off that Carl killed Zombie Shane.

* Why hasn't anyone gotten the group some form of communication over distances? I understand that cell phones towers would cease to function after zero human maintenance, but get some walkie talkies or something. They have walkie talkies that function for several miles. These people have some of the shittiest survival skills.
    For realz. At least they had enough *sense* to meet up where they were when they lost Sophie.
    * On that note, I'm glad that busted ass RV is gone. I never understood why someone would ride around in a Zombie Apocalypse with a vehicle that breaks down so often. The highway is covered in cars and RVs. Take your fucking pick. There must be dealership lots sitting around somewhere. Bust open a window, grab the keys, and leave with your brand new RV.
    Ain't that the fucking truth! I've been saying that on the WD forum! Not the brightest group that's for sure...

*This is what I'm most excited for for next season: (Spoiler: Screen cap from Finale)

Fuck. Yes.
    Yes, indeed. I just ordered the comic series. Can't wait to get them!! Next season should kick ass! Love how she has her boyfriend and his best friend in chains with no arms or lower jaws! lol

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post

What was the point of all the zombies having to come from Atlanta? That seemed a little far-fetched.
    They saw a helicopter and followed it's direction. Then, they followed Rick's gunshot. Also, if they didn't swarm the farm, the episode wouldn't have been nearly as good! I'm just so glad the writers stepped it up during the second half of the season!

MBTI
    INTP

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm watching LOST for the first time, and The Walking Dead would be SO MUCH BETTER in the hands of someone like JJ Abrams. I'm invested in these characters, and in the story. They don't feel generic and whiny.
    Something Witty

Wait until you get to season 2 and the story goes all over the fucking map and downhill.