User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I'm confused as to why they're running around taking out zombies, blood and guts flying into their faces willy-nilly, without any facial protection... no bandanas, masks, or goggles. Aren't they afraid of bodily fluid exchange? How clear are the characters supposed to be on the method of infection/transmission?
    yea, when they're punching them and kicking them, i'm like " how are no bones cutting into you?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    its called hollywood effect. (you can try to imagine it more realistic if you wish, like.. imagine them never showering, all the rashes that climate + no showering would cause and many other nice beauty destroying effects ^,.~)
    Yes, Andrea and Lori's lipgloss, powdered faces, and gently moussed hair have not escaped notice.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    yea, when they're punching them and kicking them, i'm like " how are no bones cutting into you?!?!"
    Yar.

I watched the latest episode last night on my laptop, but I didn't see any mention by Herschel of how the infection operates. I question the idea of a latent infection like some types of meningitis. Aren't the blades just contaminated because they don't wipe them between uses?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    [Before the last episode, in response to someone saying they thought Hershel would be the other major character death of the season] Really? Over ever-more-problematic, clearly gonna die in a dramatic stand-off in the season finale Shane?
    Check (alright, episode before finale)
    Also, the farm will probably be overrun either by zombies or other hostile survivors (or both) before the season ends.
    ....aaaaaand check.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

And when they stab them in the forehead, I'm like "Oh, I didn't know Acme Industries had introduced their new styrofoam skull model."

But such is the suspension of disbelief you have to accept in almost every zombie movie/show/book.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Oh definitely.

It just goes to show how predictable and terrible the writing is by killing Shane off just when the audience expected him to. Although, I am glad that fucker is gone. WHATCHYA GONNA DO NOW ANDREA!!?!?!

I also heard that pictures of zombie Shane were leaked a week before, so there is that. AMC has to get its shit together and find the source of those leaks.

I hope Lori gets bit, turning her and the baby into zombies, leading to death by shotgun. :} <gets excited just thinking about it>

Edit: wait, so do bites ensure death? Or what? I mean, they're already infected, which means that the bite should have no real consequence. . .Unless it gets infected/they bleed out, ultimately dying...

Now, contrary to what all the characters desired, there is no hope for humanity. Everyone is infected, and will birth infected babies, ensuring that zombies will forever be part of the norm.
    Amen to this post. Lori needs to die. Almost as much as Andrea.

My theory (which bears out from internet research) is that everyone has a latent infection (That's the secret that the scientist from the CDC whispered to Rick in season 1) and that being bitten by a walker just causes a raging infection that kills you within a few hours - it's not the actual cause for re-animation. Simply for cause of death. Implying one MUST be dead/almost dead in order for the virus responsible for reanimation to work, and that the virus in and of itself will not kill you.

Of course, we don't know how the virus would affect a immuno-compromised human. Or an infant.

The entire series is beginning to irritate me somewhat, simply because the characters are too DUMB and make too many mistakes to have survived as long as they have. Seriously? They haven't even boarded up the windows in the main house.

I would love to see the series written with the assumption that the surviving humans are intelligent/ruthless/logical/capable of planning.
    And have them STILL LOSE.

The only character left alive that I like is Daryl. I hope he gets the hell out of dodge and leaves the entire group to it's pathetic and inevitable fate.

You think the knives they use would be so easy to cut through someone's skull? They just kind of thrust it in and it goes in, but I think a skull is stronger than that; it might require more of a force from like a hammer or something.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    You think the knives they use would be so easy to cut through someone's skull? They just kind of thrust it in and it goes in, but I think a skull is stronger than that; it might require more of a force from like a hammer or something.
    The only excuse I could allow is that theyve rotted quite badly? Haha

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Fucking fantastic episode.

SEASON FINALE SPOILERS AHOY: My thoughts so far.

* Lori is still a cunt. At first I thought she was mad about Carl shooting a walker, which is understandable. Then I realized she's mad at Rick. Is she mad he killed Shane? This makes no sense to me.

* Why hasn't anyone gotten the group some form of communication over distances? I understand that cell phones towers would cease to function after zero human maintenance, but get some walkie talkies or something. They have walkie talkies that function for several miles. These people have some of the shittiest survival skills.

* On that note, I'm glad that busted ass RV is gone. I never understood why someone would ride around in a Zombie Apocalypse with a vehicle that breaks down so often. The highway is covered in cars and RVs. Take your fucking pick. There must be dealership lots sitting around somewhere. Bust open a window, grab the keys, and leave with your brand new RV.

*This is what I'm most excited for for next season: (Spoiler: Screen cap from Finale)

Fuck. Yes.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

figsfiggyfigs

Lori is such a massive bitch. First she tells Rick to do something, then when he does, she gets angry. What a bitch. I was like " are you fucking kidding me? you're actually upset with your husband for doing what he did, even though he told you that shane was trying to get to him first?"

URGH. Stupid twat.

MBTI
    INTP

Loved this episode. They really get it right when they utilize massive amounts of zombies. Of course, once they got away, it become inane again. WHY wouldn't you just pile into the same car for the few miles it would take to get to another massive abandoned car site, where you could siphon gas and get another car or eight? It would be uncomfortable, but you know what else is uncomfortable? Camping overnight in a place where you're sure to get eaten by zombies, until you (try to) escape in the same car? So dumb.

I'm ready to be rid of Lori. She's useless, and if they're not going to write her with any redeeming qualities, they might as well give us the satisfaction of seeing her used as zombie chow.

It was exciting to see Andrea going it alone in the woods and fending pretty well for herself, and really cool to see her mysterious savior--can't wait to meet her in the next season.

The prison looked pretty ominous, too.

What was the point of all the zombies having to come from Atlanta? That seemed a little far-fetched.
    Something Witty