User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I have two questions, exactly how long would it take for a zombie to be completely rotted to bare bones, I mean the zombies have been out in the sun for a while now, does the virus keep them from rotting or slows down the rotting?

And why can't they find more effective and efficient ways to kill off the hordes of zombies, like throwing a propane tank at them, maybe have some fresh meat to attract them to it then somehow having it explode on the zombies.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I have two questions, exactly how long would it take for a zombie to be completely rotted to bare bones, I mean the zombies have been out in the sun for a while now, does the virus keep them from rotting or slows down the rotting?

And why can't they find more effective and efficient ways to kill off the hordes of zombies, like throwing a propane tank at them, maybe have some fresh meat to attract them to it then somehow having it explode on the zombies.
    Well technically speaking, a zombie apocalypse would never last that long to begin with:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683...l-quickly.html

MBTI
    INTP

LOL, Patches! Poor T-Dog. I have to say, though, he's quickly becoming everyone's favorite character, simply because he hasn't been in the spotlight. It's getting ridiculous, the way the writers are ignoring him.

Excellent questions. It's strange to me that they haven't really explored the actual rules of How Zombies Work much in this show. And the zombie stuff has been backburnered to make room for the Shane/Lori/Rick triangle of boringness.

I guess they're having time move so slowly so that it doesn't seem odd that there are still zombies around. It would be great if they would think of some ideas for the mass-killing of zombies.

We know that when a human dies from a zombie bite, they come back as a zombie, but SPOILER/SPECULATION/RUMOR there is speculation that the doctor told Rick that everyone has the zombie infection within them, and even if you die of natural causes, you come back as a zombie. I think that has borne out with Rick's killing of the Bar Baddies, too. Didn't he make sure he got them in the head? Regardless, in a dangerous world like this one, there would be more zombies created from the survivors. Just not in the hordes that there were from the initial event/virus/whatever.

I do wonder if at some point, most of the zombies from the first wave will have died off, and the focus will shift to encountering the Bad Guy Survivor Types.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well, it depends. Basically it's all up to the zombie creator to sort of make their rules. Even if zombies could exist, how they gain energy, how they rot, etc, implies they'd fall apart after not that long. In the comics and this show (and George Romero's "Dead" series) zombies can pretty much just walk around forever sans food and in in climate conditions. I guess you could take that to imply they were somehow magically reanimated, or some super advanced space-virus we can't understand is to blame or something. Since neither series goes into it (I know the comics never touches what's causing the zombies, they might have said virus at the end of season one of this show), it doesn't really matter. Zombies are fairly illogical on the face of it. Like vampires or Freddy Krueger or whatever, sometimes you just need to go with it for the sake of story.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

figsfiggyfigs

hah.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Hah indeed. Should be fun seeing them get out of this one.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Hah indeed. Should be fun seeing them get out of this one.
    Oh definitely.

It just goes to show how predictable and terrible the writing is by killing Shane off just when the audience expected him to. Although, I am glad that fucker is gone. WHATCHYA GONNA DO NOW ANDREA!!?!?!

I also heard that pictures of zombie Shane were leaked a week before, so there is that. AMC has to get its shit together and find the source of those leaks.

I hope Lori gets bit, turning her and the baby into zombies, leading to death by shotgun. :} <gets excited just thinking about it>

Edit: wait, so do bites ensure death? Or what? I mean, they're already infected, which means that the bite should have no real consequence. . .Unless it gets infected/they bleed out, ultimately dying...

Now, contrary to what all the characters desired, there is no hope for humanity. Everyone is infected, and will birth infected babies, ensuring that zombies will forever be part of the norm.

I'm confused as to why they're running around taking out zombies, blood and guts flying into their faces willy-nilly, without any facial protection... no bandanas, masks, or goggles. Aren't they afraid of bodily fluid exchange? How clear are the characters supposed to be on the method of infection/transmission?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I'm confused as to why they're running around taking out zombies, blood and guts flying into their faces willy-nilly, without any facial protection... no bandanas, masks, or goggles. Aren't they afraid of bodily fluid exchange? How clear are the characters supposed to be on the method of infection/transmission?
    its called hollywood effect. (you can try to imagine it more realistic if you wish, like.. imagine them never showering, all the rashes that climate + no showering would cause and many other nice beauty destroying effects ^,.~)