• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead- CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oooooh, this is creepy. The King of Hearts was based on Charlemagne, whose father, Charles VI went pretty much screaming mad:

wiki on Charles VI said:
The king continued to suffer from periods of mental illness throughout his life. During one attack in 1393, Charles could not remember his name and did not know he was king. When his wife came to visit, he asked his servants who she was and ordered them to take care of what she required so that she would leave him alone.[4]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oooooh, this is creepy. The King of Hearts

:doh: Thanks, Ivy. I missed that connection entirely -- I might have heard it as a kid, but forgot until you reminded me.

At least there was some method to the madness (ha ha!) there.

For me, last night wasn't great, but I think next week will be much better. Looks like they're following the comics right now, so things should be getting very crazy soon! :holy:

As crazy as Rick?

I did read the synopsis on the comic. If it is really following the comic, we'll need a larger supply of body bags.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Some sites link the King of Hearts to the mad king himself. My guess would be that's where they're coming from with this episode.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some sites link the King of Hearts to the mad king himself. My guess would be that's where they're coming from with this episode.

Too bad they couldn't actually use the deck of cards in the episode itself, to make the connection/symbolism stronger.

Would that make the Governator the "one-eyed PhillipJack?" ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The term "jack" actually meant "commoner" or peasant, back centuries ago when the term originated. Which makes it an interesting part of the card deck -- it's like a commoner being considered royalty.

Just found this on the wiki page:
Glen Mazzara, when asked about the direction of the character for the third season of the show, explained that he will be shown as a man self-absorbed with the concept that the new apocalyptic world is his chance to have the power he lacked in everyday life.

I've been trying to avoid reading too much about the specific characters in the comic, just in case something transfers to the show, but Michonne REALLY messed him up in the book... he apparently lost more than just an eye.

*tag* you're up!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Just found this on the wiki page:

Feeling pretty good about my having nailed it without reading anything on the web about the plan for that character. Insight: I has it. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, Episode #10 definitely seemed to be a step up again.
...And that bastard Governor just needs to die at this point.

Trying to figure out who the next redshirts will be, and what happened to Tyresse (was that his name?) and his gang....
And now it looks like Merle and Glenn are gonna have to lay down the smack. Can't wait to see how THAT goes.

I have to repeat again that, after the letdown of the mid-season premiere, this episode was a great example of what this show can actually be.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I never thought I'd have mad love for a redneck, but Daryl really got to me last night! :wubbie:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm very excited. It turns out my oldest kid went all Walking Dead crazy last week.... he actually watched EVERY episode available + the Sunday night one.

I wish I had the time to just watch 3.5+ seasons of a show in a week's time.

Anyway, now I have someone else to talk about it with.

[MENTION=408]Tigerlily[/MENTION]:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tonight's episode was paced a little slower, to get a breather after all the craziness in recent weeks. That's not a bad thing sometimes...

Decent commentary:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...on-3-episode-11-review-the-judas-of-woodbury/

Gotta again give some praise to Michonne -- probably the most she's articulated her opinion, and it's good to hear what she is thinking.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All in all, a decent "pause in the action" episode to give everyone a breather and set mood a bit.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
IMO best episode in the season, maybe best in series since the pilot.

MBTI Type
INTJ
IMO best episode in the season, maybe best in series since the pilot.

You might be right. It was fantastic. I wonder how much of the decision to bring Morgan back was fan-driven. I'm not a fan of that, but I'm a fan of this.

Also, do we need spoiler tags in this thread? I thought all the TV and movie related threads were simply understood to have spoilers.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

MBTI Type
INTJ

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Also, do we need spoiler tags in this thread? I thought all the TV and movie related threads were simply understood to have spoilers.

I don't know. I've been chewed out recently by someone for not using spoilers, even when my post hid the most important points of the item in question, so it's confusing.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] I was thinking those very same things when watching the episode. I feel like there will be a lesson taught to Rick and viewers for his slip from 'protecting my peeps' into 'callous indifference to the welfare of others' (with the hitchhiker incident and scaring off the friendly prison refugees), which is a much smaller slip than one might think. Perhaps it's because he's law enforcement and his psychological foray in watching death far predates the zombie-pocalypse survivors'? I'm not sure why his indifference is barely a step above Merle's, but it's alarming that the group's leader and resident pariah share this trait and I suspect the show's writers intend to punish accordingly.

Also, is anyone else relieved that the writers seem to be giving Michonne's "angry black woman" schtick a rest and are preparing to make her a more psychologically 3-dimensional character?