User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I hate Carl. That little shit lacks basic common sense and deserves to be purged from the gene pool. Also, why is it that Rick and Lori are keeping zero tabs on their child in the middle of a GODDAMN ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE? They were just nonchalantly chit-chatting on the porch and never thought, "Gee, we have a child. There are zombies and guns everywhere. MAYBE we should find out where our moody child has been for the last several hours."? He's acting up, talking back to other adults, going to hang out with the friendly hostage, and just generally being a moody wreck, and they don't think it's a good idea to make sure he's within sight of an adult at all times?

I thought the turn of events with Dale was exciting, but it scares me about the direction we're headed. There has frankly... Been very little character development the past few episodes. Aside from watching lengthy discussions about how neutral everyone is about everything, Dale was one of the few people generating interesting dialog. He wasn't such a passive, boring character. Glenn and Daryl are probably our best hopes for that now. I do hope they show more Daryl.

I would have shot the hostage by now.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Also, major spoiler image. Don't click if you didn't watch this week:

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

+1 to all of what @DiscoBiscuit and @Patches said with one exception --the killing of the hostage. I really think that since Rick fucked up and brought him all the way back to camp --and fuck Lori's whining about Rick being safe when she's done everything rash and unsafe herself, including not watching her damn kid-- (and did everyone forget the hostage was blindfolded and doesn't know where they are?), at the very least he can drive him out to some distant, cozy place and let him loose to make his way in the world or not. He made that hostage his little red wagon when he picked him up and now he has to fuckin cart that responsibility.

And does anyone else think that Andrea is overly-influenced by Shane? Frankly, that man is no orator, so how much can that speak for her intelligence and moral malleability? Maybe Dale's death will smack her out of this weird GI Jane, female-empowerment via armed egoism cockstrut she's been sporting for too many episodes now. You're confusing your lemming-like gullibility for machismo pumpkin, wake up.

Also excited to see what becomes of Daryl's character. And why is T-Dog still just characterboard wallpaper?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

And why is T-Dog still just characterboard wallpaper?
    T-Dog... the character that wasn't.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I can't believe Dale turned out to be the only reasonable person in the group.
    Not sure how much longer I can put up with this writing.

Interestingly, I find the ending scenes to always be done really well. Almost feels like the people involved should do music videos or commercials or something else that doesn't require good characterization, dialogue and plot.

MBTI
    INTP

For all their talk about Carl and how he's growing up, Lori constantly pawns her kid off on the other adults. Out of sight, out of mind. And Rick is always off being Dudley Do Right, but choking when it comes to making decisions.

For once, I was glad to see a discussion that took into account all the possibilities regarding Randall, and I admire Dale for standing up for humanity, but as a whole, this show is boring when they sit around talking about how the world has changed. There needs to be more acting and less philosophizing. I'd rather see Rick grappling with the fact that he made a wrong decision than sitting around paralyzed with indecision. In real life, there'd be a lot of uncertainty and wringing of hands, but it doesn't make for good tv.

Carl is so annoying. I just don't care about him as much as the writers want me to, and he's screwing things up for everyone else. Was glad to see Carol have a backbone after Carl backtalked her, and I liked Rick's "think" speech. It reminded us why he's the leader and was a nice moment for father and son.
    Something Witty

+1 to all of that

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Carl is so annoying. I just don't care about him as much as the writers want me to, and he's screwing things up for everyone else. Was glad to see Carol have a backbone after Carl backtalked her, and I liked Rick's "think" speech. It reminded us why he's the leader and was a nice moment for father and son.
    I'm not ashamed to admit that that quiet, pasty-faced little sneak engenders small maternal love in my heart.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

figsfiggyfigs

poor dale.

ps: I'm hoping Carl gets bitten by a zombie soon so I won't have to look at his annoying fucking face again.
    edit: And his mother.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    +1 to all of that

I'm not ashamed to admit that that quiet, pasty-faced little sneak engenders small maternal love in my heart.
    Heehee. I don't mind the kid who plays him so much, but the way they're writing him and everything pertaining to him is just ugh.

Something that bothers me, too, re: the Randall situation, is that they are a big bunch of hypocrites. Why should Herschel's group have just taken them in? Sure, Carl was shot, but wasn't it a risk to take a band of armed survivors onto your nice, cozy little compound? Wasn't there a risk that Rick's group could have simply taken over? Rick should never have taken the kid home if he wasn't planning on integrating him to the group.

I think the group has screwed up their chance to drive him out and leave him (isn't gas something that should be conserved?), because they've done everything they can to make enemies of this kid, and he knows they have a fully-stocked, safe fortress now. If he did manage to meet someone with a car, it would be fairly easy to find his way back just based on the amount of time that passed before they let him out, especially if he grew up in the area, and especially if he really does know Maggie's family.
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    If he did manage to meet someone with a car, it would be fairly easy to find his way back just based on the amount of time that passed before they let him out, especially if he grew up in the area, and especially if he really does know Maggie's family.
    Did they ever try to corroborate what this kid said with Maggie? --to clarify how well he actually knows her etc.?