User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I hope they leave the farm soon, and I wish the car accident meant the end of Lori, but I'm sure all it means is that she'll be annoying and helpless and lost, and they'll spend three episodes wasting resources looking for her.
    Perhaps it will be an expedient way to end the "whose kid is it" storyline. The show needs screaming zombies, not screaming babies.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Easily the most interesting character at the moment.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Underwhelming, for sure, except for the last 10 minutes. Lori continues to be utterly useless. Where does she get off ordering everyone in the camp around? I don't like that she's appointed herself the First Lady of the camp because Rick is the leader. LOVED that Daryl called her Olive Oyl. Hilarious.

I liked the actors playing the sleazeballs in the bar, and I liked Rick realizing that he can't be Jimmy Stewart during the Zombie Apocalypse. He has to kill or be killed, and no one gets the benefit of the doubt where supplies and safety are concerned. I like Rick so much more as a badass.

I hope they leave the farm soon, and I wish the car accident meant the end of Lori, but I'm sure all it means is that she'll be annoying and helpless and lost, and they'll spend three episodes wasting resources looking for her.
    Yes, pretty much all of this. I doubt Lori will die, even though the dude on Talking Dead outright said she dies. Then the host (I can't remember anyone's name) said, "He's just kidding". We'll have to wait and see.

MBTI
    INTP

Watching now...whoa, this is actually a really solid episode so far! Supposedly this is the first episode of the series that is completely the work of the new showrunners and writing team. It's promising.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Now that's what I'm talking about! Well worth watching last night! Lori was even tolerable, though irl I doubt she'd have made it out alive. Any thoughts on what they should have done with the impaled dude?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Don't know if it makes me a horrible person or not, but in the scene with the impaled dude, I was thinking they should have just put a bullet in his brain. Safer than sticking around while zombies are swarming the place to attempt to saw his leg off (and even if it worked, sawing his leg off leaves him dead meat in the future. Hello, zombie apocalypse?) and kinder than leaving him to get torn to pieces.
    In other news, the writers have now taken it upon themselves to drive Glenn and Daryl, the only characters that I liked, off a cliff. Goddamn. It was such a promising first half hour of the episode, too!
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTP

It would have been hard for me to put a bullet in his brain, but then, it'd have been hard for me to yank his leg off the iron fence, too! I'm surprised Herschel didn't shoot the guy whose face was getting eaten off, to spare him further pain. I guess he didn't want to make himself a target.

Lori was much better last night! I hope Carol and Daryl are just forging a friendship and not a romance.

They are totally making Glenn suck. I don't like Maggie anymore.
    Something Witty

Good episode! Plenty of zombies, plenty of non-zombie action, and another moral dilemma. All the stuff the show does best. My take on the guy stuck on the fence is that I'd have put a bullet in his head. They risked their lives and used up a LOT of ammunition to take a chance on saving him, and in their situation, a guy with one leg doesn't have a very long life expectancy anyway. I think in the bleak zombie apocalypse world, the sanctity of life would probably take a hit based on the miserable quality of life. I think scenarios like this would be treated similarly to keeping the elderly alive only to lay in hospital beds. The value of life also comes into play in this episode with the argument Glenn and Maggie had. Glenn thinks that being in love is making him soft, but in this world, what do you have to live for but love? It's not like you can have a fulfilling career or material wealth or anything else besides love that people strive for. It's like refusing to eat because it will make you sleepy and unable to guard your food.

It looks like the new writers have a totally different take on Lori. Which is good, since she was pretty insufferable. They seem to have injected a bit of Lady Macbeth into her - that last scene where she's talking to Rick was great.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Yep, overall that was a really great episode. Good job Walking Dead writing staff, keep it up.

However, there were several things that bothered me; the scene with Carl inquiring whether the baby is a boy or girl and then wanted it named Sphia if it is a girl, dear god was that cheesy and probably unnecesary; they made Glen a coward, which overall worsens his character a bit, but hopefully he'll make up for it and eventually build up his courage as well as actually cementing his relationship with the farm chick.

There were at least a few other annoying aspects, but I'm not going to gripe about all of them given that the episode was enjoyable.

Underwhelming, for sure, except for the last 10 minutes. Lori continues to be utterly useless. Where does she get off ordering everyone in the camp around? I don't like that she's appointed herself the First Lady of the camp because Rick is the leader. LOVED that Daryl called her Olive Oyl. Hilarious.
    Presumably you watched this week's episode and loved that Andrea called out Lori for being a selfish, bossy cow?

I didn't really start watching the show until a couple weeks ago, when I bought the first season Blu-rays and watched the first half of the second season in a Sunday marathon on AMC. I think if you watch them back-to-back-to-back you get a very different sense of how the narrative works, vs. watching one episode every week. They all flow quite well. There's always a new predicament, a new motivation, a new revelation, etc. to keep the story advancing.

A lot of you seem to have been very annoyed at the first half of the second season ("The Walking Dead II: The Search for Sophia") because of a lack of "zombie apocalypse action". I don't get it! That's what separates The Walking Dead from the rest of the zombie productions ever done before! A zombie TV show has the freedom to explore characters to a depth and length you couldn't possibly do in a movie. The point of the show IS the human interactions and the shifts in motivations and alliances and petty politics and arguments and all that crap. It's exploring what people would do in that situation. The zombies are the backdrop, not the point.