User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 44

  1. #21
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I've rolled with females before in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. I was a little more careful of course, but pretty much everything was the same as if I were rolling with a male their size. I didn't get the impression that they expected any different.
    You got them with child. Admit it. I know about you and I'm outting you to the world!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  2. #22
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    You got them with child. Admit it. I know about you and I'm outting you to the world!


    With the protection I was wearing, it would be completely impossible (even for me ). I'd barely notice if someone kicked me down there.

  3. #23
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post


    With the protection I was wearing, it would be completely impossible (even for me ). I'd barely notice if someone kicked me down there.
    More lies. I'm phoning your parents right now, you young man-floozy.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  4. #24
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    More lies. I'm phoning your parents right now, you young man-floozy.
    Wait... don't do that. Let's just settle this right here... on the wrestling mat.

  5. #25
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Wait... don't do that. Let's just settle this right here... on the wrestling mat.
    Well, yeah, okay, I don't see the h... HEY!!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  6. #26
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    I can't believe the amount of people that put a sexual spin on this.

    When I'm doing combatives, they make sure we pair off with the opposite sex at least half the time, if not all the time. Granted, the army has adults and is way different, but the point is that no one's hormones are completely tamed by the age of 18-20, which we have a lot of in the army, and I've yet to see a guy waving his flag during training, or see a girl lose her mind at the chance of holding a guy in a particular position. It just isn't so sexual, fighting and grappling and stuff. Just because people can make it that way, doesn't mean the art itself is.

    I've scrapped with some major fine-lookin' dudes before, but it's just not on your mind during those times. You're just trying to do your best, and stop them from doing theirs.

    I think the boy really is genuine in his thoughts on it--He doesn't feel it appropriate to wrestle with a girl in this manner. Which is what bothers me.. I feel like women are never going to be taken seriously beyond being a woman. Ever.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  7. #27
    Junior Member omglookitsagoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I took an MMA brazilian jujitsu class in highs school for my PE credit. I used to beat a male friend a lot of the time in that class. It didn't really seem to make much difference with most people if they were male or female unless the guy was one of the biggest and strongest in the class.

  8. #28
    Senior Member redcheerio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omglookitsagoat View Post
    I took an MMA brazilian jujitsu class in highs school for my PE credit. I used to beat a male friend a lot of the time in that class. It didn't really seem to make much difference with most people if they were male or female unless the guy was one of the biggest and strongest in the class.
    Does it help to have quick reflexes? Maybe I should take a class. I've never trained in any martial arts or wrestling or anything like that, but I've heard it's fun.

  9. #29
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Maybe the guy's dad was a wife-beater, and he doesn't want to flirt with that even for the sake of sport? I don't think that would be a terrible value to have, gender equality issues be fucked.

    Probably not though.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I can't believe the amount of people that put a sexual spin on this.
    When I'm doing combatives, they make sure we pair off with the opposite sex at least half the time, if not all the time. Granted, the army has adults and is way different, but the point is that no one's hormones are completely tamed by the age of 18-20, which we have a lot of in the army, and I've yet to see a guy waving his flag during training, or see a girl lose her mind at the chance of holding a guy in a particular position. It just isn't so sexual, fighting and grappling and stuff. Just because people can make it that way, doesn't mean the art itself is.
    I've scrapped with some major fine-lookin' dudes before, but it's just not on your mind during those times. You're just trying to do your best, and stop them from doing theirs.

    Yeah, but it's about the standards WITHIN YOUR community, and what you are or are not desensitized to. You've trained with this and had experience with mixed gender sparring, he hasn't.

    More to the point, if he's from a background where physical contact with the opposite gender is rare/fleeting/automatically considered sexual (which, judging by what he said I would surmise as much) then it would be HIGHLY unusual for him to be in that kind of close physical contact with a girl. It's about what is normal in *your* experience and in your community.

    This kid was sticking to his principles. Don't hate on him for it

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think the boy really is genuine in his thoughts on it--He doesn't feel it appropriate to wrestle with a girl in this manner. Which is what bothers me.. I feel like women are never going to be taken seriously beyond being a woman. Ever.
    Men are not women, women are not men. Physically, you are a female, and while you are equal you are NOT the same as a male. There are significant psychological and physiological differences. Physically, women are smaller than males, and tend to be weaker. In some species the reverse is true (Falcons, for example) but for humans the opposite is true; check the wikipedia article on sexual dimorphism if you don't believe me, and then more specifically check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_dif...nd_muscle_mass

    Females of the human species are smaller and physically weaker. You can be stronger than a guy pound for pound [usually not the case] but, still, if you're only 120 and he's 180... yeah. No.

    If you don't believe me, play on a coed team of some kind xD

    I've sparred with women on multiple occasions [never wrestling - we're talking MMA striking and take-downs, etc.] and I've met exactly one woman who would be capable of kicking my ass, and she's a personal trainer who trains ALL the time. More to the point, I pulled my punches and had to [as one of them put it] "avoid hitting the breasticles"

    Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Does it help to have quick reflexes? Maybe I should take a class. I've never trained in any martial arts or wrestling or anything like that, but I've heard it's fun.
    I know it's not exactly directed at me, but I'll say right now that it IS fun, and quick reflexes are a bonus but you'll have to work on flexibility and strength as well. With some training you can probably kick the crap out of the average person

Similar Threads

  1. The Your Type Of Girl Test
    By FranG in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
  2. Girl-Talk -> More Depression?
    By Totenkindly in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 06:47 PM
  3. Happiness, Children, and Are you that one girl?
    By Wolf in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 03:53 PM
  4. Grammar Girl
    By Haight in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 11:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO