User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling a Girl

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i don't know, i've been living under the assumption that teenage boys are walking around with boners like 90% of the time. i haven't scientifically proven this though... yet. boners are an interest of mine.
    it's not that big a deal most of the time, but with those thin latex suits the wrestlers wear, you can pretty much clearly can see their penis, so getting a boner then would be a bigger deal to most guys.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Any thoughts on this blog article?

The blogger definitely tried to wend his way through to a multi-layered conclusion.
    This will be the closest this young man gets to getting any action for a while. He'll regret his decision later.

Uhhh. Um.
    Wow. I can't believe they thought this was a good idea xD

I wouldn't have wrestled a girl in high school. (1) I have only met one woman who could hand me my ass in real life, so I would have felt like it wouldn't be fair to the girl I was wrestling and (2) There is no way a teenager overloaded with hormones ISN'T going to get a raging boner from close physical contact with a girl, if she's AT ALL attractive.. especially given how some of those holds work. It doesn't matter how much I'm trying to gain the upper hand, or how close she is to beating me. Boners happen at the worst possible times, whether we want them to or not.

HELL NO I wouldn't have wrestled her.

Well. Maybe if I took her out somewhere nice first..

[JK xD]

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    2 sx/so

I LOVE play wrestling but it's only fun with somebody else who likes it too and who I know won't go all serious on me.

4w3 sx/so
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I LOVE play wrestling but it's only fun with somebody else who likes it too and who I know won't go all serious on me.
    I know! Agreed.

As to the decisions about mixed sex wrestling, I think it's just a bad idea in general. I know they must mix the kids because there aren't enough girls who wrestle at the high school level (yet?) but it just sounds like trouble to have girl/boy matches. Back in high school, if I were a wrestler, I would have jumped at the chance to pretzel the heck out of some guy, and I would have been offended and angry to be forfeited on, yet as an adult, I can see it's not a great idea. Boys will either pull their "punches" so to speak or get an (unwanted?) sexual high off of it, and the girl won't like any of those results. Plus, if he beats her, no one will be surprised and perhaps consider the girl to be "girlish" as in weaker or less talented.

They need to get more girls into the sport or give it up. Wrestling around always gets awkward or sexual. My ENTP ex used to employ it playfully when we were first getting to know one another, but I'm not naive. I knew what was on his mind.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P

I've rolled with females before in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. I was a little more careful of course, but pretty much everything was the same as if I were rolling with a male their size. I didn't get the impression that they expected any different.

I'm a steel chair shot to the head away from a vegetative state as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I've trained jujutsu style wrestling with women. It's not sexy at all. I mean, it's just all hot and sweaty and stuff.
    Hehe. I remember when that Cassy Herkelman story was in the news, men who'd actually done wrestling, martial arts, etc. with women were saying something similar: that you just get into the action and don't really think about sex. The "OH NOES, the man could get a BONER in front of EVERYONE!!!" comments were coming from men who'd never actually done it. I don't recall a single story of a man who'd wrestled a woman and experienced this, just plenty of 'what if' comments from men who'd never actually done it (and cited their bonerphobia as the reason they never would).

I think it's quite understandable that guys would feel odd or hesitant about it. In addition to the possibility of "arousal", there's the strong taboo against hitting women, ever, even in a consensual competition. And of course the possibility of being beaten by her. But they should still do it: if she's made it onto the team it's only fair, especially if there isn't a women's team available for her.

I feel pretty much the same way the blogger did about that kid that forfeited the wrestling tournament because of his "Christian values": if he was uncomfortable with the idea of wrestling a girl I can hardly blame him, but it annoyed the hell out of me how he forfeited and then acted morally superior for it. As if he had some gentlemanly duty to protect her from a situation she had chosen for herself.

For some reason, I like the idea of a man vs woman fistfight over wrestling. lol. I've never done it, but I've lightly sparred some, and didn't really think anything of it. I could see some of problems/paranoia that could rise from wrestling though. It's kind of too close for comfort or something.

Wrestle her with your penis. That is how you win.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.