• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sounds freaky.

I'm sure it will come accompanied by other oddities -- like a pack of wild corgis that is rampaging through town and eating anyone out after dark, salamander rainstorms in an area that is habitually dry, human spontaneous combustion, and the current battle over gun control.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
RM's weekly EW interviews are worth staying up for! :smile:
So who do you think will be left standing? The aliens could possibly kill Kit and take the babies. Jude ain't lookin' too good, so prolly not her. Lana's Son is probably going to take care of her. The Monsignor? Honestly I'd love it if Jude survived, but didn't they show Lana present day? That would made Jude over 100 so it's not going to be her. I need to re watch the second half of Continuum again.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
RM's weekly EW interviews are worth staying up for! :smile:
So who do you think will be left standing? The aliens could possibly kill Kit and take the babies. Jude ain't lookin' too good, so prolly not her. Lana's Son is probably going to take care of her. The Monsignor? Honestly I'd love it if Jude survived, but didn't they show Lana present day? That would made Jude over 100 so it's not going to be her. I need to re watch the second half of Continuum again.

I don't remember seeing Lana in the current day (one of the problems when a series stretches out), did she show up in an early episode?

I mean, my guess is Lana or Kit lives. I don't think Jude is likely to make it, because of situation and age... although she did refuse the Angel of Death! I guess I really can't imagine Kit living through all the crap he did and not reach a conclusion to his story earlier, because he was willing to pursue things; I could see Lana, though, hiding from from things, thus keeping her nice little happy life intact, until SOBF shows up to ruin her day.

E

Epiphany

- Season 3 will be “more historical in nature” and have a “different tone” than Season 2. But, says Murphy, “That’s the joy of the show.” It will also take place in modern day, but just like past seasons, we will see different “time periods” and “there [will] also be different cities.”

Season 3 will be about "female power"

I stand by my original prediction. It will be about witches and the setting will be, at least partially, in Salem.

The whole female empowerment theme is a bit trite, however. :violin:

midnight rambler

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I stand by my original prediction. It will be about witches and the setting will be, at least partially, in Salem.

The whole female empowerment theme is a bit trite, however. :violin:

I figured it would be about witches as well. I read an interview with RM that said that season 3 will have a romeo and juliet type of love story, and it will take place in three different cities in different time periods.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well hopefully Season 3 will be better than Season 2.

I mean, look at this shit:

blqeWXY.jpg

Fuckin nasty.

E

Epiphany

Well hopefully Season 3 will be better than Season 2.

I mean, look at this shit:

Fuckin nasty.

Ha! I thought that looked like you when I saw it.

I figured it would be about witches as well. I read an interview with RM that said that season 3 will have a romeo and juliet type of love story, and it will take place in three different cities in different time periods.

I read that, as well. Perhaps Edgar can shed some light on the details.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank goodness -- despite all the muddy mess that occurred in the last few episodes, the ending pretty much rocked. if you have to get something right, get the ending.'

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From the Wiki page:

Season 3

Series executive producers and co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have stated that, as with the second season, "many actors" will return in different roles, including Lange.[16] On January 18, 2013 it was confirmed that Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson would return along with Lange.[17] On January 23, 2013 it was announced that Taissa Farmiga who played Violet Harmon in the first season would be returning as the lead character in the third season.[1]

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More info:

http://www.tvweb.com/news/taissa-fa...as-the-lead-in-american-horror-story-season-3

Here's what Ryan Murphy had to say about bringing the actress back.

""I missed her this season. There wasn't really a role for her. I feel very protective of her and I didn't want her to go back into the loony bin. It was too dark. So I thought well 'I want Taissa to be one of the leads next year.' I called her up and pitched her the character for the season and she loved it and she said, 'Yes let's do it.' So we're in negotiations for her to headline Season 3."

While no specifics about the role were revealed, Taissa Farmiga's character will be involved in a romance...

Also...
http://www.tvweb.com/news/american-...n-multiple-cities-first-plot-details-revealed

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More fun:

American Horror Story Scoop: Ryan Murphy Teases Kathy Bates' Turn as a 'Bad, Bad Woman!'

Crazy as she was, Misery psychopath Annie Wilkes apparently has nothing on the super-villain Kathy Bates is bringing to American Horror Story in Season 3.

“Oh, Kathy’s never [played] someone this bad,” Ryan Murphy revealed to TVLine with a laugh at PaleyFest Wednesday night, where he was honored with the event’s inaugural Icon Award. “Her [character] is a bad, bad woman!”

While most details surrounding the acclaimed actress’ buzzy new role are being kept under wraps, Murphy couldn’t help but raise fans’ expectations just a teensy bit more by promising that Bates’ Horror Story nemesis is “five times worse than [her] Misery character — which is why she liked it...

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/american-horror-story-scoop-ryan-murphy-teases-kathy-055519059.html

http://tvline.com/2013/02/26/american-horror-story-season-3-cast-kathy-bates/

Ohhhh wowwwww......

Jessica Lange vs Kathy Bates.

JL might have met her match!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
OMG. That is going to be EPIC. And I hate saying EPIC.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God, what you said about it being EPIC is so.... SO .... EPIC!!!!!

srsly tho.
Prepare to have thoust mind blownest.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gratz, guys: This pretty much seems to confirm the "Salem" angle for the Season 3 setting. Good call. :)

...Murphy just unveiled that the upcoming third installment of AHS will be titled American Horror Story: Coven and will star Kathy Bates in addition to Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson and Taissa Farmiga

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/05/american-horror-story-gets-another-witch/65519/

I guess Emma Roberts figured that if her boyfriend Evan Peters is on American Horror Story, she should be too. And so the actress, freed up after her CW pilot about love being illegal (srsly) was not picked up (shockingly), will appear in the anthology series' third installment, the one called "Coven." So it's about witches. Roberts will play "a self-involved party girl named Madison," which doesn't tell us anything about whether she's a witch or just a... not-nice young woman. She's joining a pretty impressive cast, which includes Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Frances Conroy, Angela Bassett, Patti LuPone and Gabourey Sidibe. Star-studded, this one. But Emma Roberts doesn't care about all that. She's just glad to be going to work with her boyfriend.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Looks like our guy Evan is getting bumped to the major blockbuster leagues:

Bryan Singer broke some news on his Twitter account today: Evan Peters, of American Horror Story, will be playing Quicksilver in Singer's upcoming film X-Men: Days of Future Past. Alone, that's not all that interesting, but put that together with Joss Whedon's intention to put Quicksilver (along with his twin sister the Scarlet Witch) in the Avengers sequel, and things get really interesting.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
can't read this thread yet. but I just started this show and oh.my.god!!! i think this is my new favorite show

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
can't read this thread yet. but I just started this show and oh.my.god!!! i think this is my new favorite show

Yeah, Season 1 will blow your mind.
Season 2's a little slower paced.