• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah Lily Rabe is quite the champ this season. She deserves some kind of reward for that whole creepy penis touching scene in Thredson's office to cure her lesbianism.

I think you mean Sarah Paulson there... lily Rabe is the demon-possessed nun, Mary Eunice.

I don't even know if they will have any plots left for a season 3. What could they possibly come up with? Swamp monsters? Space vampires? Toddler pageant zombies? Cuba Gooding JR?

Cuba Gooding Jr? This is network TV, I can't believe they'd be allowed to go THAT far.

I think it was pretty creepy to start Episode 9

E

Epiphany

Two episodes remaining. Then the series premier of The Americans begins...which looks promising.

FX, apparently, wants a season 3 of American Horror Story. Hopefully, it will be as interesting as this season.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just watched Episode 10, The Name Game. Apparently many of the pieces are now being swept off the board, to clear a place for... what exactly? Anyway, some major plot advancement in this episode.

The rumor is, too, that this episode has a clue as to the location of the events in Season 3... supposedly a location that is antiquated.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I still have mad lesbian affection for Jessica Lange, but I'm not really digging this season as much as i thought I would. :/

midnight rambler

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I have to say This season i feel is a much better improvement than the last season. I hope Jessica Lange, Joesph Fiennes, and lily rabe come back for next season.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still have mad lesbian affection for Jessica Lange, but I'm not really digging this season as much as i thought I would. :/

Me either.
I have last night's and the finale to watch.

I felt like everything is too methodical. And to tie up a few plotlines so arbitrarily in one episode was a little much. I felt nothing. I think I might have laughed.

E

Epiphany

I have to say This season i feel is a much better improvement than the last season. I hope Jessica Lange, Joesph Fiennes, and lily rabe come back for next season.

I agree. The writing is better and the plot twists are more suspenseful, aside from Tate's revelation. I liked season 1, but it was too redundant with the "who's a ghost and who's alive?" drama.

I would add Even Peters to that list. He should be a regular. I'd like to see Alexandra Breckenridge in season 3, as well.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would add Even Peters to that list. He should be a regular.

And his brother, Even Steven!
But yes, I'm impressed with Evan, he's excellent.

Kind of funny that I first saw him in Kick-Ass, and he was the third wheel (out of Dave and his two friends). I had no idea he could act well, although I think he had been on another TV show or two and had received kudos.

E

Epiphany

And his brother, Even Steven!
But yes, I'm impressed with Evan, he's excellent.

Kind of funny that I first saw him in Kick-Ass, and he was the third wheel (out of Dave and his two friends). I had no idea he could act well, although I think he had been on another TV show or two and had received kudos.

Hopefully, he won't get typecasted into only dark, brooding roles, though he plays them well enough. He and a few other actors mentioned that they enjoyed the jovial musical sequence immensely because it was such a contrast to the usual somber mood of the show. I would like to see him in some other major roles outside of AHS.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hopefully, he won't get typecasted in only dark, brooding roles, though he plays it well enough.

Yes, I was pretty impressed with him as Tate -- he somehow struck a tone between reprehensible and pitiable, which isn't easy to do. I loathed him and cared about him all at once.

He and a few other actors mentioned that they enjoyed the jovial musical sequence immensely because it was such a contrast to the usual somber mood of the show. I would like to see him in some other major roles outside of AHS.

I'd like to see him in some other things.

The last "musical chairs" production I remember with some levity was taking the cast of "A Fish Called Wanda" (a wonderful movie) and dumping them with completely different characters in Fierce Creatures (a rather abysmal movie). Alas.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Warning- I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if I say stuff that has been said before.
[MENTION=408]Tigerlily[/MENTION] has recommended this show to me several times. I tuned in for the first few shows of the first season and couldn't get into it then, so I didn't keep going. Just seemed kind of silly.. a ghostly rubber S&M suit? Really? Okay then.

Recently I read a thing about how the second season was not connected to the first but has many of the same actors in different roles. That kind of "rep company" setup intrigues me, so decided to give Season 2 a shot. It's pretty good, I must say. There's something inherently creepy about asylums. And Jessica Lange is pretty amazing. I especially loved the Name Game episode. Anyway, I went back and watched the rest of the first season too, once I got caught up on the current season and didn't want to wait a week for the next episode, and it did get better- the Violet/Tate storyline really was kind of captivating. And the girl who played Violet had such a sweet, child-like cry that every time she cried, I did too. Damn you, television!

Any guesses about season 3? Apparently there were clues in the Name Game episode. I did find it kind of jarring for Spock to say "We'll always have Paris" out of the blue and unconnected to anything I know of on the show, but then again it's supposed to be American Horror Story... so, Paris Texas? Prob. not.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any guesses about season 3? Apparently there were clues in the Name Game episode. I did find it kind of jarring for Spock to say "We'll always have Paris" out of the blue and unconnected to anything I know of on the show, but then again it's supposed to be American Horror Story... so, Paris Texas? Prob. not.

I picked up Paris connections too -- I was wondering if it would be in New Orleans, LA. It was supposed to be in a location with historical richness, and New Orleans has the whole voodoo creep factor.

E

Epiphany

It would be cool if they did a season in colonial America. Sleepy Hollow. The Salem Witch Trials. An American Haunting. There is plenty of horror lore from that time period to work with.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I also have to say, I loved the satanic nun subplot and was sorry to see her die. There was just something delicious about seeing a pretty little nun drinking and smoking and talking all dirty and being mean. The best part was when little glimmers of her formerly naive self would shine through.

E

Epiphany

It would be cool if they did a season in colonial America. Sleepy Hollow. The Salem Witch Trials. An American Haunting. There is plenty of horror lore from that time period to work with.

After rewatching The Name Game for the elusive clue to season 3 that Ryan Murphy mentioned, I noticed that Mary Eunice dedicated the song, "I Put a Spell on You" to Jude. Perhaps this is a reference to Salem, Massachusetts.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also have to say, I loved the satanic nun subplot and was sorry to see her die. There was just something delicious about seeing a pretty little nun drinking and smoking and talking all dirty and being mean. The best part was when little glimmers of her formerly naive self would shine through.

That was probably one of my favorite arcs of the season. I was just kind of disappointed how it ended; I was expecting something far more confrontational and epic.

I feel like a lot of the threads ended abruptly, with whimpers more than bangs.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Characters I loved this season-

Sister Jude- Wicked in the beginning and tragic at the end. And, I always love Jessica Lange!
Pepper- Her rebirth was spectacular! <3
Sister Mary Eunice- I was sad to see her go. RM really fucked up by killing her off.
Lana- Excellent story line. What a nightmare! Can you imagine being free one day and institutionalized the next? Horrific! Sarah Paulson is easily one of my favorite actors thanks to AHS. Glad she was given a larger part this season and hope to see her next year!
The Angel of Death- I always love stories that feature the AoD. I still can't believe they canceled Dead Like Me! Anyway, Frances Conroy is a rock star in my book. There isn't a part that she can't play!
Kit Walker- Poor bastard. Even though I disliked the alien plot, I still like Kit and Evan Peters. :wubbie:

The others were just okay. Honestly there were just too many story lines. Zombies, Aliens, possession, Nazi's, etc. There's really no getting around the fact that the first season had more soul. The Blue Dahlia from last season totally kicked Anne Frank's ass. I think the idea of an Asylum was genius, but for me, it failed to deliver.

Anyway my prediction for next season is witches. Not sure how excited that will be, but hopefully they won't let the story get away from them this time. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The finale has yet to run, but I liked episode 12 a great deal... especially Lana's hallucinations and her internal wrestling with entitlement, and Kit... yeah, poor bastard is right. He can't seem to climb his way back to the top no matter what.

And then the whole "Son of Bloody Face" storyline... not really sure where it's going. We're already seen some deviations between reality and his perspective at times, I'm not sure what is real there.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NEWS STRAIGHT FROM THE RIPPED-OUT BLEEDING HEART
... Hey guys! We got ourselves some Season 3 American Horror Story details! Creator Ryan Murphy held a screening of the finale with important people and told them that the next chapter of the series will be set in present day (Season 2 has spent much of its time in the '60s) AND that it will have a romance at the center of it. Murphy also confirmed that Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Jessica Lange will all return next season. I can also confirm that it will be weird. [Deadline Hollywood]

http://www.tv.com/news/news-briefs-american-horror-story-season-3-will-be-romantic-30439/

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
A romance between two of the ubiquitous Witches of Paris, Texas it is, then.