• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I love this show. I probably look forward to it more than any other show right now. It's a bit over the top at times- but is still really enjoyable.
My favorite character is Tate so far.
I think last episode they gave a lot a way, almost too much, so I hope that things continue to stay interesting.

The scene with Constance putting the make-up on Addy was one of my favorite, I think even though Constance seems to think of Addy as a burden, she really does love her.

I think that it's pretty obvious at this point that Tate is dead, however, I wonder why he doesn't remember what happened before he died? It seems most of the other characters do. The whole Columbine-esque theme going on with the jocks kind of seemed a bit cheesy to me. :( I hope that his storyline doesn't end up being an extremely stereotypical school shooter storyline.

I really hated Hayden at first, and was actually sort of happy that she was killed. However, I feel a bit more sympathetic toward her since the second part of the Halloween episode. Even though I don't really like her character, I feel badly for her.

I think the security officer will likely become a re-occurring character now that he has had the weird encounter with Hayden, not to mention that he and Vivien definitely have some developing chemistry.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Whoa, this was a good ep!

The opening scenes were pretty intense, and I'm glad they tackled Tate's story in this episode instead of hinting around for another few. I felt so bad for those kids hiding in the library, and I thought the bit with the football player and the cheerleader was especially well-done. They also did a great job portraying Tate's duality. He was one scary mofo in the flashbacks, but he's so sweet to Violet.

Violet's scenes were extrordinary tonight. Finally we get to see the side of her that's still a kid and doesn't have an answer for everything. I think that makes for a much more interesting character, as well as a more sympathetic one. I don't blame her for taking the pills, but I'm glad Tate saved her.

The stuff with Vivien and the raw organ meat was creepier than anything I've seen in a long time, but in a subtle way. It's like the baby is telling her what it wants, and if we believe that the baby is the reincarnation of the Infantata, it's kind of an interesting reinforcement of the idea of the baby itself having been a collection of parts and organs. The stuff with the nurse was a little too on the nose for me--I would rather her have not said exactly what she saw, but hinted around so that we could use our imaginations. I had jokingly asked earlier if the baby had horns or hoofs or whatever--but it's kind of like in Cloverfield and Signs: I'd have been a lot more creeped out if I didn't know what the things actually looked like. The more unknown the entity, the scarier it is built up to be in our minds, and the more realistic. I'm glad they didn't just drop the subplot of the fainting nurse, though.

Loved the psychic character, and once again, Jessica Lange continues to be awesome. A very beautiful farewell to Addy, and confirmation that Addy will not be doomed to return as a ghost.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
This episode was a bit slower, but I liked it much better. You don't get so much of the sense that they're throwing everything and the kitchen sink at it in an effort to make it shocking, or exciting.

Kind of lol'd at that Tate/Violet scene. "Don't you die on me!" Yeah, I'm a horrible human being. In all seriousness, though, you can't help but feel for the kids.

Jessica Lange is nineteen different kinds of fabulous.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Whoa, this was a good ep!

The opening scenes were pretty intense, and I'm glad they tackled Tate's story in this episode instead of hinting around for another few. I felt so bad for those kids hiding in the library, and I thought the bit with the football player and the cheerleader was especially well-done. They also did a great job portraying Tate's duality. He was one scary mofo in the flashbacks, but he's so sweet to Violet.
The opening seen was difficult to watch. I looked away several times. Glad they didn't actually show much. Violet seems to really care about Tate, but is pretty freaked out that he's dead. The end scene with them made that kind of obvious. I don't think she's worried that he'll kill her since she swallowed a load of pills so when she asked him to lay with her, it seemed sincere. I'm with the medium. Not sure they can trust her to enlighten him.

Violet's scenes were extrordinary tonight. Finally we get to see the side of her that's still a kid and doesn't have an answer for everything. I think that makes for a much more interesting character, as well as a more sympathetic one. I don't blame her for taking the pills, but I'm glad Tate saved her.
Not a great predicament to be in. Loving a ghost and seeing all that weird shit in the house. Maybe Violet could avoid the basement? I mean I certainly would!

The stuff with Vivien and the raw organ meat was creepier than anything I've seen in a long time, but in a subtle way. It's like the baby is telling her what it wants, and if we believe that the baby is the reincarnation of the Infantata, it's kind of an interesting reinforcement of the idea of the baby itself having been a collection of parts and organs.
Not my favorite part of this episode. I really have no idea where they're going with this. On one hand, Constance seems to want another "sweet child" because she's lost at least two of her kids. I think she had two other kids we haven't met yet. On the other hand, you've got the "house" wanting the baby to eat brains and other weird shit. Not sure where they're going with this.
just so weird. Another wait and see thing. I hope they don't get silly with it. The stuff with the nurse was a little too on the nose for me--I would rather her have not said exactly what she saw, but hinted around so that we could use our imaginations. I had jokingly asked earlier if the baby had horns or hoofs or whatever--but it's kind of like in Cloverfield and Signs: I'd have been a lot more creeped out if I didn't know what the things actually looked like. The more unknown the entity, the scarier it is built up to be in our minds, and the more realistic. I'm glad they didn't just drop the subplot of the fainting nurse, though.
The whole "hoofs" thing was borderline silly. Is the nurse who quit a total nut job and imagined the devil baby? Why didn't Vivien's OBGYN see hoofs? You have to watch where you're sticking that needle so she and the tech would have seen something.

[/Loved the psychic character, and once again, Jessica Lange continues to be awesome. A very beautiful farewell to Addy, and confirmation that Addy will not be doomed to return as a ghost.
A++++++ to all of this. Best scene of this episode!

Ben's patient really freaked me out. That whole piggy thing was too creepy, especially when he saw the dead nursing student in the tub. If I was already scared out of my mind the last place I'd want to see a psychologist would be in Murder House. Sucks what happened to him.

I read somewhere that they are going to sell the house so maybe there will be new owners next season. I would miss Vivien and Violet though. Ben, not so much. lol

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm so bummed I'm overseas right now in the sense I can't seem to see any of my TV shows until I land on US soil again. No Netflix, no major network channels online, no Hulu, etc. :(

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I wanted to watch this show, but I missed the first several episodes and I hate to start a series late; I'll probably watch it on the internet or on Netflix as soon as possible, though.

There are several similarly themed shows this season (I love horror stories), and its the same situtation with all of them; I hope they don't get canceled before I can catch up between seasons.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1qehoLDeU0"]Rubber Man[/YOUTUBE]Who could it be?? I hope Miora is going to help Vivien. Looks that way from the clip.

E

Epiphany

I'm always a week behind on this show. I expected to see him in this scene wearing skeleton facepaint, like he did in the flashbacks, to make him appear less human and more like a reaper.

tumblr_ltlb0k0KAb1r01dpmo1_500.gif

The stuff with Vivien and the raw organ meat was creepier than anything I've seen in a long time, but in a subtle way. It's like the baby is telling her what it wants, and if we believe that the baby is the reincarnation of the Infantata, it's kind of an interesting reinforcement of the idea of the baby itself having been a collection of parts and organs.

Can't wait to find out who Rubber Man is! Any ideas?

Is the Infantata still in child form or did it grow up? If it did, maybe that's the man in the rubber suit.

When Constance said, "We need another child in this house" it sounded a lot to me like, "I need another child in this house." I would be disappointed if Tate is the father, considering his romance with Violet.

The way the nurse and Violet's friend spoke about Revelation and the Beast made it sound like the baby is the prophesied antichrist, although the Bible never mentioned the son of perdition literally having hooves. Maybe the nurse was "spiritually sensitive" and saw a vision much the same way the apostle John saw the metaphorical images of Revelelation in a vision.

E

Epiphany

I'm getting a Rosemary's Baby vibe from Constance and the maid, the way they keep trying to feed Vivien and her fetus organic food is reminiscent of the hot chocolate laced with something sinister that Rosemary's old neighbor always brought to her. It's been a while since I've seen it, but if I remember correctly, her baby had hooves and horns too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really bumming -- I tried to use a proxy last week to get access to watch TV episodes online (on the channel sites or on Hulu, etc.) but to no avail, it seems to catch me even if my proxy is USA. I tried a number of them. Three more freakin' weeks until I can get home and be able to catch up on this show and the few others I'm watching.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I had already figured out it was him from the first time I saw the leather dude, I just really really REALLY didn't want it to be him, so I clung to the little hope that it might not be. I was very disappointed, and slightly heart broken.

E

Epiphany

"A sensitive young man with too deep feelings and the soul of a poet" who goes on a murderous rampage, fathers twins, and commits dark deeds in a black suit.

Tate Langdon?
images

or Anakin Skywalker?
anakin_skywalker.jpg

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
That was an excellent episode! I'm so mad at Violet right now. She totally sold her mom out. Loved the interaction between the ghosts-that was pretty fascinating. Hayden was pretty compelling as a resentful ghost, and it was heartbreaking to see Nora so transfixed on having her baby back, but being completely unaware of why she was in her house and everything had changed. This ep answered a lot of questions for me. Tate is such a mystery. So bad and so sweet. I want to know if the others are resentful of Tate--the ones that were killed by him--or if he just shushes them into submission, or if they even remember how they died.

I like Moira more and more and Ben less and less.

More proof that Violet might be dead--she hasn't been to school in two weeks AND they never actually left the grounds.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I like Moira more and more and Ben less and less.
Same here. Miora is so sweet to Vivien and Ben is a shithead.

I was thinking about what Constance told Ben when Tate was impregnating Vivien, "It's not your time yet". Did she mean that they needed him for something? Maybe they wanted him to send Vivien to the mental hospital and when she has the babies, Ben would gain custody and bring them to the house. Constance did say they needed another sweet child. I'm thinking Hayden might try and kill the babies, then she and Nora will have one each. This show is so twisted. :laugh:

More proof that Violet might be dead--she hasn't been to school in two weeks AND they never actually left the grounds.
That's definitely possible, but where's the body?

This show is never disappointing! Possibly my favorite episode if I had to choose one. I really don't mind that Tate is Rubber Man. I mean after he killed the kids at school, it's not surprising. What I'd like to know is how did he get Vivien pregnant and why didn't he want to have sex with Violet? So many questions!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Same here. Miora is so sweet to Vivien and Ben is a shithead.

I was thinking about what Constance told Ben when Tate was impregnating Vivien, "It's not your time yet". Did she mean that they needed him for something? Maybe they wanted him to send Vivien to the mental hospital and when she has the babies, Ben would gain custody and bring them to the house. Constance did say they needed another sweet child. I'm thinking Hayden might try and kill the babies, then she and Nora will have one each. This show is so twisted. :laugh:

I think that's all possible! Ben could very well have her declared insane and then take the babies back, and I think you're right about Hayden helping them become part of the house. I do love how nutso this show is!

Tigerlily said:
That's definitely possible, but where's the body?

This show is never disappointing! Possibly my favorite episode if I had to choose one. I really don't mind that Tate is Rubber Man. I mean after he killed the kids at school, it's not surprising. What I'd like to know is how did he get Vivien pregnant and why didn't he want to have sex with Violet? So many questions!

We've seen Tate throwing a body downstairs after killing him (the gay guy that's not Zachary Quinto--can't remember the character name). And then Moira kind of helped him with the details. I think Tate could manage to hide or dispose of Violet's body before she realized she was dead. Like in The Sixth Sense, there's a lot ghosts don't seem to remember, or be aware of, and Ben and Vivienne don't seem to ever go to the basement. I think it's possible she's dead, but we haven't seen the story behind it yet. And let's face it, Violet could be dead in her room and Ben and Viv would be too preoccupied to notice. At this point, I'd buy it either way--dead or alive. But I love the idea of that being the reason the Harmons have to stay in the house--otherwise, they would lose their daughter forever.

I'm confused about the Tate stuff, too. He and Violet did have sex this episode, though, didn't they? I remember them saying something was intense. I'm not sure why he refused the first time, though.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Here is an interview with the dude who plays Tate.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: When did you find out you were Rubber Man?
EVAN PETERS: Just that episode.

What did you think? Were you shocked?
I was shocked, but I was also grateful. I was thinking, “Wow that’s pretty cool. I guess I have to slime up and put on the rubber suit.”

What did the other castmembers think about you being Rubber Man? Were they shocked?
Yeah, I think everybody was pretty shocked. “Oh you’re Rubber Man? Oh my God. Wow. Oh you’re sick. Something’s wrong with you.”

Did you have to go to Syren, the L.A. fetish shop, like everyone else to be fitted for the costume?
Yeah I went for “Halloween Part I,” I believe. I though, “That would be interesting if I’m actually Rubber Man. But they can’t do that.” And then they did it and I was like, “Oh my God.”

How is it putting on that suit? I’ve heard it’s oddly cold.
It is. It’s like you’re naked when you walk around set because it’s just a layer of latex. It’s frustrating to put on because you have to lube up basically because if it gets caught on your skin…so you make sure you’re all nice and slick and then you get in there. You have to wear a robe on set or a jacket, so you’re not too cold.

So basically Tate is trying to appease Nora by giving her the baby she lost?
Yeah. I had that question too for Ryan. Basically the answer I got was he’s there to help. He sees that Nora’s soul is disturbed and is very sad. He has this sort of sweet spot for people like that. It resonates with him, so he wants to help them out and make sure they’re okay and peaceful. And since she’s dead and can’t leave the house, might as well give her what she wants so that hopefully she can be a little happier, instead of walking around crying all the time and wondering what was going on.

It’s just so twisted that you impregnated Vivien and Violet lost her virginity to you. Were you like, Wow this is twisted?
Yeah, I was like, “That’s a bummer.” You do this thing for this person because you’re trying to be nice, and then you find out the love of your life moved into the house.

I like the Hayden/Tate ghostly duo. Do you guys team up for more fun?
I thought that as well. I thought that was pretty cool. I don’t think there’s too much more in store for us. But it was pretty fun working with her — she’s great.

So will we see you in the rubber suit again?
Oh yeah. Yeah. [Laughs]

Has this been the wildest role you’ve ever had? What has this been like to play?
It’s been interesting to say the least. It’s been exhausting because you never know. As soon as you have your mind made up about something, you find something else out. So you’re kind of on edge all the time wondering what exactly have you done and what are you going to do so it’s been exhausting. I’m psyched for the season to be over with.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm confused about the Tate stuff, too. He and Violet did have sex this episode, though, didn't they? I remember them saying something was intense. I'm not sure why he refused the first time, though.
Yes, they did. I must have missed that somehow? The actor who plays Tate discusses that below.