• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I finally caught up.

I don't see the point of putting every post in a spoiler tag, people shouldn't read the thread if they aren't current. I didn't.

I must say, I find Violet to be a cunt. Then again, she's a teenager. They often are.

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of Violet, but then, I'm not a huge fan of teenagers. I'm becoming more invested in the characters, though, flawed though they are.

As a big ole animal softie, I'm really worried about the dog surviving. :-( You don't introduce a dog into a horror show unless it's getting offed in some horrible way to get back at a character. I wish they'd avoid that particular cliche.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I must say, I find Violet to be a cunt. Then again, she's a teenager. They often are.

I dunno. She's a bit more that than most, I would have probably slapped her by now.

The redeeming qualities are that she's (1) very tough-minded and brave and (2) independent and (3) generally insightful... although she's still somewhat myopic from not having much life experience, so while she can sometimes cut through her parents' BS effectively, she's usually missing the nuances and not being as fair (in good ways) with them as they deserve.

But hey, she's what, like 14, or something? And if I had to put up with Ben psychoanalyzing me all the time rather than engaging emotionally, I'd probably learn how to do it right back to him. She's got her mom's fire and her dad's intelligence.

E

Epiphany

I've been following this show for a couple of weeks online. There are only three available to view on the website.

Having not seen Halloween Part 1, I wonder if the terminally-ill burned victim is some kind of projection of Ben's subconscious, acting out dark desires of his psyche, but I don't remember the details of his story from the first two episodes.

Ben has mysteriously woken up on the ground without recollection of how he got there. Perhaps, he is doing things that he's not consciously aware of.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Ben has mysteriously woken up on the ground without recollection of how he got there. Perhaps, he is doing things that he's not consciously aware of.

Yes, it's hard to tell what's real, what's a ghost, and what is just a psychological projection on Ben's part to avoid taking responsibility for his own dark impulses.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Violet has some admirable qualities, but she's so nasty they are wasted. I thought what she said to her mother about the pregancy was particularly cruel.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Violet has some admirable qualities, but she's so nasty they are wasted. I thought what she said to her mother about the pregancy was particularly cruel.

Well, if it helps, if she ever grows up, she'll realize what a jerk she's been and feel like crap for it. Not that it helps Vivien now.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'd be an annoying prick like Violet if I had been raised by a father like Ben. Doesn't excuse it, but it definitely partially explains it.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
So far, I don't mind Violet. In fact, there isn't really anyone on this show that irritates me with the exception of Infantata. That freaky shit I can live without.

Regarding Ben and Larry, if Ben had any sense he would have googled Larry to verify his story. Guess we're just gonna have to wait and see.

For me, this show blows Walking Dead out of the water with it's unpredictability. REALLY looking forward to tomorrow night!

Edit: I am re posting an interview with Ryan Murphy (show's co creator). Spoilers, so don't read this if you don't want to know. CLICK ME

Here is one question that I sort of don't get.
Will we find out why people like Moira are stuck living in this limbo?
Yes. If you die on the property, you die in this house, you are condemned to be there for all eternity. You can’t go to the next level of whatever you perceive death and spirituality to be. The house definitely has its own rules, and the evil that is created there is so intense that it does hold the feet of the dead and they’re sort of like slaves to the mythology of it.
So why did Constance tell Miora, "Now you're stuck here" after Ben built the Gazebo over her grave? I mean according to Ryan, wouldn't she have always been stuck in the house since she was killed in the bedroom?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Hayden didn't nuke the doggie!!! I hate it when animals are pawns in horror shows. Leave the cute puppies out of it, k?

I did kind of feel bad for Hayden, even though she's a complete psycho. And I assume she hasn't left the house, since she disappeared from the police car. I don't think she's done.

Loved the stuff with Tate and the high school ghosteses. He seems to have blocked out the memory of what he did, and is genuinely confused. I wonder what he thinks is happening, what his existence is like, what sense he's made of it. There's something pretty Sixth Sense about the Tate storyline, like he's not aware he's a ghost, maybe? I don't know; I'm a bit confused.

Poor Constance. She was actually so sweet in the scene where she was putting makeup on Addy. I thought she was going to poison her with the tea, though!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What an awesome episode. Some of it, very edge-of-seat. And Ben is COMPLETELY wigging out.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Hayden didn't nuke the doggie!!! I hate it when animals are pawns in horror shows. Leave the cute puppies out of it, k?

I thought it was funny they showed the dog after last week we were like, "Hey, where'd the dog go?" I assume the poor little puppy was hiding somewhere in fear (and not under Violet's bed, a mysterious arm lives under there!)

I did kind of feel bad for Hayden, even though she's a complete psycho. And I assume she hasn't left the house, since she disappeared from the police car. I don't think she's done.

No. Great episode for her, though; I have more sympathy for her now than I did in the past.

The security guard is cute too. :smile: The guy could be Keith's little brother (off Six Feet Under).

Loved the stuff with Tate and the high school ghosteses. He seems to have blocked out the memory of what he did, and is genuinely confused. I wonder what he thinks is happening, what his existence is like, what sense he's made of it. There's something pretty Sixth Sense about the Tate storyline, like he's not aware he's a ghost, maybe? I don't know; I'm a bit confused.

Actually, it's hard to tell what he is. The girl said she would have been 34. If she had been 16-18 at the time of her death, that puts the Shooting 16-18 years ago... 1993-1995. This predates Columbine, although there were some purposeful similarities (such as the spin on Cassie Bernall -- "I said I believe in God, but I just said that, I didn't mean it!") Tate still looks like he's in high school, really, which means that if he's NOT a ghost, then he could be a reincarnation of the killer (which is why he doesn't remember)... or if he is a ghost, that means he died at the end of his spree, and I'm not sure why he doesn't remember. Still, they didn't hurt him; does that mean he must be a ghost? he also appeared at the cafe with Ben, in the prior episode, away from the house.

Poor Constance. She was actually so sweet in the scene where she was putting makeup on Addy.

I almost teared up at that scene. Lange plays that role in that excruciating middle ground where she's both extremes at once, and I can't tell whether I'm going to hate her in the next minute or be in awe of her.

I thought she was going to poison her with the tea, though!
lol... yup, I was thinking, "Cupcakes! No, run!"

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Halloween Pt 2 Spoiler Interview with Ryan Murphy

It seems like there’s some sexual tension between Vivien and Luke — will that progress?
RM- Hmmmm. Hmmmm. I definitely think based on that scene you can see that there is an interesting connection there. And I think women are like, “F— you Dylan McDermott for cheating. Give Connie Britton some time!” Although it’s a very interesting concept: a five or six month pregnant woman who cheats. Although I think he has it coming. We haven’t really resolved that yet or figured out what we’re doing.

A big part of the episode was Tate. Are we to believe the school shooting dream that Tate had was a reality?
Yes.

And those dead kids are the ones he shot in the high school?
Yes.

Will we find out his motives for doing that?
Yes. I think this episode introduces those people and the episode that follows we explore more of that.

Basically, I assumed that Tate is also dead but he doesn’t seem to know it. Will that be explained.

Yes you do find out why.

Do you think Hayden and the infantata talked while they were both in the basement?
[Laughs] I think they do chat off camera.

If Larry killed his family in the house, why haven’t we seen them yet?
You will. It’s coming up.

Are Chad and Patrick returning?
Yes they come in two episodes from now in an episode called “Rubber Man.”

Why is Chad so mad?
I think there’s a great sadness that Zach [Quinto] plays to somebody who sort of gave everything to something, be it the house or a relationship, and then it doesn’t turn out to your preconceived notions. I think he plays that frustration well. I also love his connection to Vivien in that he and Vivien are both with sex addicts. So there’s great pain and frustration to loving somebody with that situation and also like, “Why do you stay?” I think he created this world of beauty and comfort and hopefully children in the future and so I like the rage of it.

Was Tate aware that Adelaide was his sister?
Oh yes.

How will Constance keep this a secret from him?
Yes I think she will have a lot of explaining to do in upcoming episodes.

So give us a preview of next week’s episode, “Piggy Piggy.”
“Piggy Piggy” is a really fun one for me, it’s also a horrifying one because one of the things the show deals with is the “American horrors” that we deal with in our culture. Certainly, kids and violence is one of them. So the opening is beyond tense and very upsetting where we see the true story of Tate. Then, Eric Stonestreet comes on as a patient who is paralyzed by urban myths and legends like Bloody Mary. It’s a pivotal one in the run of the show. It’s sort of half-way there and we deal with all these questions about Tate that we have been dealing with so I think it’s very momentous. What does he know? What doesn’t he know? Why he did what he did? What does Violet find out about what he did? It’s all that in there.

You just cast Mena Suvari and she’s playing the Black Dahlia from the 1940s?
Yes.

Is she involved in the flashbacks with Dr. Montgomery?
RM- Yes. The interesting thing about that is there were over 60 people to step forward to say, “I was the killer of the Black Dahlia” so we wanna tell people what really happened to the Black Dahlia. You know it had to do with the f—ed up house!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Some are saying the dog was in the microwave and it's now "part" of the house.

OK, now I <3 Tate even though he's psycho and killed his school mates. I really felt bad for the girl that said she should be married with kids now, had he not killed her. :( Tate is definitely dead, but I don't think he knows he is. He had to get back before sunrise too, right? He is in denial and that is probably why Constance wants to keep information from him. You'd think he would understand after his classmates confronted him that he did in fact kill them? Still I'm curious why he didn't acknowledge his Mother a few weeks back when she waved to him. He told Ben he hates her so maybe that's why.
Poor Constance. She was actually so sweet in the scene where she was putting makeup on Addy. I thought she was going to poison her with the tea, though!
She's definitely the most entertaining character on the show. I can't wait to hear what she'll say next! Jessica Lange is too fierce for words!

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Am I the only one thinking that Vivien and whatshisfacemaincharacter are terrible as guardians? I mean, a creep tries to break into the house, sets the alarm off, their daughter goes missing. They call her, she claims she's safe and having fun without actually telling them where she is or what she's doing. They have no proof that she actually is safe, but still, it's like "Oh, okay, whatever. Come back home whenever you feel like it." WTFFFFFFFFF.

Oh, and Jessica Lange. Goddamn, that scene where Constance puts makeup on Addy, might have been the single most touching moment in this show.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Am I the only one thinking that Vivien and whatshisfacemaincharacter are terrible as guardians? I mean, a creep tries to break into the house, sets the alarm off, their daughter goes missing. They call her, she claims she's safe and having fun without actually telling them where she is or what she's doing. They have no proof that she actually is safe, but still, it's like "Oh, okay, whatever. Come back home whenever you feel like it." WTFFFFFFFFF.

Oh, and Jessica Lange. Goddamn, that scene where Constance puts makeup on Addy, might have been the single most touching moment in this show.
Srsly. Someone should call social services.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Why do you think Violet's so tough? Her parents seemed to have been even more self-absorbed in the past, with their own issues; she's learned how to fend for herself. Now it's become a cycle of distance.

That's probably true.

Best line from this article:

Paul: I definitely thought she meant to save Vivien’s baby, though the idea that Frankenbaby is growing inside her is super-disturbing, so well done, Jen.

(No, I'm not being partial just because Jen gets kudos, although that's a bonus.)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Awesome preview for this week. Nice to see Violet making friends! haha

Who would you befriend if you lived in Murder House? For me, I'd like to hang out with Chad (Zachary Quinto) and probably Miora. At least Miora knows she's dead, but I'm not so sure about the others.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Awesome preview for this week.[/URL] Nice to see Violet making friends! haha

The Piggy clip was really good.

Who would you befriend if you lived in Murder House? For me, I'd like to hang out with Chad (Zachary Quinto) and probably Miora. At least Miora knows she's dead, but I'm not so sure about the others.

Moira is definitely one of the coolest (and least freaky). Tate actually doesn't bother me. The rest are kind of too emo for me.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Moira is definitely one of the coolest (and least freaky). Tate actually doesn't bother me. The rest are kind of too emo for me.
Miora seems to have grown over the years since she was killed. The others don't seem to have a clue, which I think they're emo/needy. You know, if there is an afterlife, I would hope to move on instead of wandering not knowing wtf happened. The nursing student (or nurse) knows she was killed but doesn't seem to know much else.

Anyway, I love this show, maybe even more than *GASP* True Blood! lol

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyway, I love this show, maybe even more than *GASP* True Blood! lol

I'd call it my favorite show right now, actually... although I have NO idea where it's going to go. Which is probably one reason why I like it. :)