• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Anyone watching this? It's on FX Wednesdays at 10:00. You can watch the first episode here.

The maid is ridiculously hot in a Twin Peaks Audrey kind of way.

Alexandra-Breckenridge-in-American-Horror-Story.jpg

Last edited:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm absolutely watching this show lol. I'm actually surprised at all of the swearing and sexual content they've been showing on a normal channel, even if it's 10pm, you know?
I dig it though, especially how both episodes have started out. Now I'm curious about how everyone is tied in with one another. :yes:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Well, I think Tate is dead and the "normal" son of Constance that she lost to other things. The maid is also a ghost which explains why Constance tells her, "Don't make me kill you again". Here is a really good recap that brings to light some good points.

Isn't Jessica Lange magnificent?? I also love seeing Denis O'Hare (Russel from True Blood) in this! Dylan McDermott isn't so bad on the eyes either.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm really liking this show so far, though almost none of the characters are likable in the traditional sense. They all seem like pawns or playthings, which kind of adds to the horror of it all. It seems to borrow a lot from real-life murders/murderer lore, as well as well-known premises from horror movies, like The Shining. It all works somehow.

Jessica Lange is fantastic. She's kind of a really creepy Blanche Dubois.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just put it on TiVo, based on what little I saw in this thread. (I've been avoiding reading much here due to potential spoilers.)

I did see Jessica Lange mentioned. Oh, she is just one amazing actor, I just saw her again in Rob Roy the other week. (I'm thinking she pulled out an Oscar or Academy Award for that one.)

This is an interesting season, I don't think I'll have watched so much TV for aeons. (I'm currently watching Glee, Person of Interest, Terra Nova, and now this.)

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I only saw the pilot episode, which I loved. It's frustrating how damn stupid every character is, though.

Jessica Lange is incredible, she's the best thing there. However, I don't think her alone is enough to make me keep watching. I have other television priorities *ahem* The Walking Dead.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So far, pretty interesting. And super creepy, but so far the creepiness is within tolerable levels. :cheese:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I only saw the pilot episode, which I loved. It's frustrating how damn stupid every character is, though.

Jessica Lange is incredible, she's the best thing there. However, I don't think her alone is enough to make me keep watching. I have other television priorities *ahem* The Walking Dead.

We may need a Walking Dead thread. (Walking Thread?)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Tallulah, that was actually my next thought! Sunday night was a real nail biter!! I'll head over to that thread in a bit.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OKay, I watched the pilot last night on Hulu and have Episode 2 TiVo'ed for later tonight (I think the third episode is out tomorrow).

It was kind of weird. I've watched lots of pretty intense horror flicks, and so the show didn't really seem to be exceptionally creepy I guess because of my exposure to such things -- but after it was over (I watched it at 11pm), and the house was dark, I was really creeped out even just walking to the bathroom. I wanted to just shut the door to my room and stay under the covers.

I find the concept and tone intriguing right now, I'm just not sure where they can go with it for an entire series. Also, I have trouble thinking of any characters I admire in the series so far; the best are very flawed but each is kind of distasteful. I'm interested in them as character studies but don't really have any affection for any of them.

I was kind of surprised at the level of the language and kink sex (and McDermott's naked bum, ha, have we ever seen so much guy flesh in a TV show pilot before?) on a non-cable channel. Nothing wrong with that, I was just surprised since they usually scrub the public channel shows heavily.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Wow, last night was just as good as the first two episodes! I am really hooked on this show! Did anyone watch last night? What did you think?

I'm also hooked on reading "10 questions" here each week. These two really dig deep and come up with some interesting ideas.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good ol' Jessica Lange. :) What an opener!

Personally, I find the show interesting. I'm curious to see what they're doing with it. But I know it would ruffle some people's feathers; the religious subculture would see it as a show with no redeeming quality, lol. I mean, really, things just don't seem to get any better, they just seem to get worse for the people in question, and they're all kind of fubar in their own way and not necessarily in a likeable way.

I'm still dying to know who and what exactly Tate is.

The episode's ending was shocking, I just didn't expect the story to go that way.

Meanwhile, the tour concept was absolutely inspired.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Gah, I missed the ep! My roommate's been downloading them at the end of the week, but she finds it too dark, and now I will have to see if she'll do me a solid and download it for me to watch when she's not around. I wish this was one that showed later on hulu.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I think it's cool that they have three True Blood actors on this show. Adina Porter, who plays Lettie Mae (Tara's Mom) is the patient from episode 3 that tries to kills herself. Young Miora (Alexandra Breckenridge) was Bill's assistant on season four of True Bood and of course Denis O'Hare, who plays Larry the burned dude, who I believe is either dead or a figment of Ben's imagination or both, is Russell Edgington on TB.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Great song that was played at the end of episode 3.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3zY2fcjLVw"]For Everything a Reason[/YOUTUBE]

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Downloaded and am watching ep 3 right now! By myself...could be a mistake! :p

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
ha ha! you go girl!!! It's getting crazier and crazier.

It is! I really enjoyed this ep--though I'm still a bit confused about Moira.

First time using the spoiler button! Woot!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp