• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nice I try, a while ago I suggested a jet for meet ups. Do you see a jet?

He never invited you for a ride on the jet? Oh dear. :('

EDIT:
"Season 2 of American Horror Story: FREAKY FRIGHTENINGS AT 35000 FEET!!!!"

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The fun is starting up again...!

http://collider.com/american-horror-story-season-2-details/160517/

Fans of FX’s first season of horror anthology American Horror Story will be happy to hear that we’ve finally got some details regarding the second season. We previously posted that season one cast members Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe and Sarah Paulson would be returning for a second go-round, as well as the season two addition of Maroon 5′s Adam Levine to the cast. We already knew, via co-creators Brad Falchuk and Ryan Murphy, that the second season would take place on the East Coast at an undisclosed “horror institution,” but now we finally have a little more meat on the bones. It was previously stated that the actors would be playing characters that were completely the opposite of their roles from season one and it looks like Lange will definitely have some fun with the part she’s been provided. Hit the jump to find out what it is. ...

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Everyone ramped up?? Season 2 airs October 17th @10!

Here are some promos. Feel free to add any I may have missed. :D

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Check out the arms on the coat. ;)

Here's the first five compiled.

Gotta have some flesh! :alttongue:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I fell way behind last year and didn't catch up until months later, so I missed all the discussion. I liked the ending, and was not expecting that kind of "redemption" for all the characters. The one criticism I'd offer is that I think it needed another episode or two to let it breathe some more. It felt too rushed, "we're all dead but happy now!" Except for the evil two, and I thought it was unfair to make Hayden one of the evil ghosts. I didn't buy her transformation from screwed up girl into malevolence.

I found a list of teasers and promos (hope that link works).

I liked this one the best:

F

figsfiggyfigs

I can't even.
zrunningamok.gif

I"M SHO EXCHITED!!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since I don't have TV, when is the first episode releasing for webstream?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can't. Fucking. Wait. :happy2:

I know, really. So far the overall TV season has been a bit marginal, I'm hoping this becomes my "must see" series for its second season; last year, it and Smash were the two series I really had trouble waiting a whole week for.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know, really. So far the overall TV season has been a bit marginal, I'm hoping this becomes my "must see" series for its second season; last year, it and Smash were the two series I really had trouble waiting a whole week for.

Oh man. Smash is love. I had no clue it could be possible to enjoy a show so much while despising virtually every single charecter on it. After a certain point you just gotta lay back and let the camp wash over you. :laugh:

AHS, on the other hand, just got better as the show went on. They actually seemed to get a handle on the balance between camp and creep by time the finale rolled around, and the unevenness of the first half gave way to some really well done moments. The school shooting opener, for example, was easily one of the most disturbing things I've seen on a television show.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION], you won't be disappointed with this season!

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, I missed the first season, so is this second season completely unrelated story-wise to the first, but with some of the same actors?

It was pretty good (and I intend to watch it every week), but I was dissappointed with the admixture of sci-fi horror and gothic horror (Nothing against the implementation, I just don't think they mesh together thematically; I had similar problems with the last Indiana Jones).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, what a great cast! Aside from the regulars, I mean, Clea Duvall? (She was just in Argo, but she's been in a bunch of stuff.) And Chloe Sevigny and James Cromwell?

Nice twist for Evan Peters this season. Season 1, he plays a murderer who doesn't know he is one; now apparently he plays someone who isn't a murderer but who everyone else thinks is... or is he?

Jessica Lange is making this series a practice of extremism. Last season she tore up the show as a severe and excessive southern belle, this season she is still practicing severity in her starkness. (and she's not impervious to desire, as the hilarious sequence of her daydream of seducing the priest she adores, in her red nightie, revealed). Either way, she dominates whoever else happens to be on the screen. It's nice to see her going for broke, I bet she's having the time of her life.

Interesting sparring between science and religion (between the matriarch and the doctor).

The theme is supposed to be Sanity this season, so while the UFO connection seems a bit odd, it's hard to tell whether that is real or false at the moment. I suppose that's the point.

Lots of poignancy in the two sets of relationships that are condemned by society -- the lesbian couple and the interracial couple. It's only 1964. That's barely 50 years ago. Interracial marriages nowadays are typically not a big deal aside from particular families, and lesbians in general can live together without fearing most reprisal, although depending on where you live you can still lose privileges in certain occupations (clergy, teaching, etc.) and only a few states provide equal partner rights the same as hetero couples. I just thought it was very sad that the interracial couple couldn't even wear their rings, and people thought she was the maid (although I think they were able to read past the pretense), and he actually had a shotgun ready in case a lynch mod showed up. What type of world was this 50 years ago?

I don't find it quite as compelling as Season 1 so far, but I still think it's very good... and it's interesting.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh man. Smash is love. I had no clue it could be possible to enjoy a show so much while despising virtually every single charecter on it. After a certain point you just gotta lay back and let the camp wash over you. :laugh:

There were some characters on that show I just despised. There were others who I was really disappointed with but who I felt bad for and/or wanted to see get over their demons. I actually really liked Ivy. She was a total bitch, and yet I totally could grasp where she was, how she got there, and desperately wanted her to dig out of her hole -- the actress did a great job in giving making a really immature/bitchy character sympathetic (to me).

Also, as a musician, I was pretty impressed with the music for the show. Most of it is actually really good. And they had decent performers; in particular, one song that didn't get much notice ("Lexington and 57th") sung by Michael actually showcases a MAN'S feelings of betrayal and sadness (in the character of Joe DiMaggio), and Will Chase sings it perfectly -- you can hear rage and anguish all churned together, yet the song never sounds unmasculine. Pretty amazing stuff.

of course, then in a wtf moment where life imitates art, Will Chase and Debra Messing both filed for divorce from their spouses during filming and I think were an item. WHAT?

AHS, on the other hand, just got better as the show went on. They actually seemed to get a handle on the balance between camp and creep by time the finale rolled around, and the unevenness of the first half gave way to some really well done moments. The school shooting opener, for example, was easily one of the most disturbing things I've seen on a television show.

I should watch the first season again. Talk about sheer intensity. And despite the great scares, the heart of the show was still about the people/personalities. Tate was just a great character -- I wanted to strangle him, and I felt a lot of pity for him, which is very disorienting since I didn't want to feel pity. The whole twist with Violet was really good too, since all the signs were there and the audience could actually figure it out if they really puzzled through it, rather than just being a cheat. The school shooting you refer to was pretty brutal. The emotions in the show were always intense and over the top but never really felt unreal to me, even if I did want Violet to chill on occasion.