User Tag List

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Resident Apple Hoarder Array Kriash's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I love this show. I probably look forward to it more than any other show right now. It's a bit over the top at times- but is still really enjoyable.
    My favorite character is Tate so far.
    I think last episode they gave a lot a way, almost too much, so I hope that things continue to stay interesting.

The scene with Constance putting the make-up on Addy was one of my favorite, I think even though Constance seems to think of Addy as a burden, she really does love her.

I think that it's pretty obvious at this point that Tate is dead, however, I wonder why he doesn't remember what happened before he died? It seems most of the other characters do. The whole Columbine-esque theme going on with the jocks kind of seemed a bit cheesy to me. I hope that his storyline doesn't end up being an extremely stereotypical school shooter storyline.

I really hated Hayden at first, and was actually sort of happy that she was killed. However, I feel a bit more sympathetic toward her since the second part of the Halloween episode. Even though I don't really like her character, I feel badly for her.

I think the security officer will likely become a re-occurring character now that he has had the weird encounter with Hayden, not to mention that he and Vivien definitely have some developing chemistry.

MBTI
    INTP

Whoa, this was a good ep!

The opening scenes were pretty intense, and I'm glad they tackled Tate's story in this episode instead of hinting around for another few. I felt so bad for those kids hiding in the library, and I thought the bit with the football player and the cheerleader was especially well-done. They also did a great job portraying Tate's duality. He was one scary mofo in the flashbacks, but he's so sweet to Violet.

Violet's scenes were extrordinary tonight. Finally we get to see the side of her that's still a kid and doesn't have an answer for everything. I think that makes for a much more interesting character, as well as a more sympathetic one. I don't blame her for taking the pills, but I'm glad Tate saved her.

The stuff with Vivien and the raw organ meat was creepier than anything I've seen in a long time, but in a subtle way. It's like the baby is telling her what it wants, and if we believe that the baby is the reincarnation of the Infantata, it's kind of an interesting reinforcement of the idea of the baby itself having been a collection of parts and organs. The stuff with the nurse was a little too on the nose for me--I would rather her have not said exactly what she saw, but hinted around so that we could use our imaginations. I had jokingly asked earlier if the baby had horns or hoofs or whatever--but it's kind of like in Cloverfield and Signs: I'd have been a lot more creeped out if I didn't know what the things actually looked like. The more unknown the entity, the scarier it is built up to be in our minds, and the more realistic. I'm glad they didn't just drop the subplot of the fainting nurse, though.

Loved the psychic character, and once again, Jessica Lange continues to be awesome. A very beautiful farewell to Addy, and confirmation that Addy will not be doomed to return as a ghost.
    Something Witty

Intergalactic Badass Array mujigay's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

This episode was a bit slower, but I liked it much better. You don't get so much of the sense that they're throwing everything and the kitchen sink at it in an effort to make it shocking, or exciting.

Kind of lol'd at that Tate/Violet scene. "Don't you die on me!" Yeah, I'm a horrible human being. In all seriousness, though, you can't help but feel for the kids.

Jessica Lange is nineteen different kinds of fabulous.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Whoa, this was a good ep!

The opening scenes were pretty intense, and I'm glad they tackled Tate's story in this episode instead of hinting around for another few. I felt so bad for those kids hiding in the library, and I thought the bit with the football player and the cheerleader was especially well-done. They also did a great job portraying Tate's duality. He was one scary mofo in the flashbacks, but he's so sweet to Violet.
    The opening seen was difficult to watch. I looked away several times. Glad they didn't actually show much. Violet seems to really care about Tate, but is pretty freaked out that he's dead. The end scene with them made that kind of obvious. I don't think she's worried that he'll kill her since she swallowed a load of pills so when she asked him to lay with her, it seemed sincere. I'm with the medium. Not sure they can trust her to enlighten him.

Violet's scenes were extrordinary tonight. Finally we get to see the side of her that's still a kid and doesn't have an answer for everything. I think that makes for a much more interesting character, as well as a more sympathetic one. I don't blame her for taking the pills, but I'm glad Tate saved her.
    Not a great predicament to be in. Loving a ghost and seeing all that weird shit in the house. Maybe Violet could avoid the basement? I mean I certainly would!

The stuff with Vivien and the raw organ meat was creepier than anything I've seen in a long time, but in a subtle way. It's like the baby is telling her what it wants, and if we believe that the baby is the reincarnation of the Infantata, it's kind of an interesting reinforcement of the idea of the baby itself having been a collection of parts and organs.
    Not my favorite part of this episode. I really have no idea where they're going with this. On one hand, Constance seems to want another "sweet child" because she's lost at least two of her kids. I think she had two other kids we haven't met yet. On the other hand, you've got the "house" wanting the baby to eat brains and other weird shit. Not sure where they're going with this.
    just so weird. Another wait and see thing. I hope they don't get silly with it. The stuff with the nurse was a little too on the nose for me--I would rather her have not said exactly what she saw, but hinted around so that we could use our imaginations. I had jokingly asked earlier if the baby had horns or hoofs or whatever--but it's kind of like in Cloverfield and Signs: I'd have been a lot more creeped out if I didn't know what the things actually looked like. The more unknown the entity, the scarier it is built up to be in our minds, and the more realistic. I'm glad they didn't just drop the subplot of the fainting nurse, though.
    The whole "hoofs" thing was borderline silly. Is the nurse who quit a total nut job and imagined the devil baby? Why didn't Vivien's OBGYN see hoofs? You have to watch where you're sticking that needle so she and the tech would have seen something.

[/Loved the psychic character, and once again, Jessica Lange continues to be awesome. A very beautiful farewell to Addy, and confirmation that Addy will not be doomed to return as a ghost.
    A++++++ to all of this. Best scene of this episode!

Ben's patient really freaked me out. That whole piggy thing was too creepy, especially when he saw the dead nursing student in the tub. If I was already scared out of my mind the last place I'd want to see a psychologist would be in Murder House. Sucks what happened to him.

I read somewhere that they are going to sell the house so maybe there will be new owners next season. I would miss Vivien and Violet though. Ben, not so much. lol

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Missed the first 20 mins. Husband wasn't home and I wasn't going to watch it alone, but curiosity got the best of me! http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/16/am...use-exclusive/ Can't wait to find out who Rubber Man is! Any ideas?

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I'm so bummed I'm overseas right now in the sense I can't seem to see any of my TV shows until I land on US soil again. No Netflix, no major network channels online, no Hulu, etc.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP

I wanted to watch this show, but I missed the first several episodes and I hate to start a series late; I'll probably watch it on the internet or on Netflix as soon as possible, though.

There are several similarly themed shows this season (I love horror stories), and its the same situtation with all of them; I hope they don't get canceled before I can catch up between seasons.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1qehoLDeU0"]Rubber Man[/YOUTUBE]Who could it be?? I hope Miora is going to help Vivien. Looks that way from the clip.

Epiphany

I'm always a week behind on this show. I expected to see him in this scene wearing skeleton facepaint, like he did in the flashbacks, to make him appear less human and more like a reaper.

The stuff with Vivien and the raw organ meat was creepier than anything I've seen in a long time, but in a subtle way. It's like the baby is telling her what it wants, and if we believe that the baby is the reincarnation of the Infantata, it's kind of an interesting reinforcement of the idea of the baby itself having been a collection of parts and organs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Can't wait to find out who Rubber Man is! Any ideas?
    Is the Infantata still in child form or did it grow up? If it did, maybe that's the man in the rubber suit.

When Constance said, "We need another child in this house" it sounded a lot to me like, "I need another child in this house." I would be disappointed if Tate is the father, considering his romance with Violet.

The way the nurse and Violet's friend spoke about Revelation and the Beast made it sound like the baby is the prophesied antichrist, although the Bible never mentioned the son of perdition literally having hooves. Maybe the nurse was "spiritually sensitive" and saw a vision much the same way the apostle John saw the metaphorical images of Revelelation in a vision.

Epiphany

I'm getting a Rosemary's Baby vibe from Constance and the maid, the way they keep trying to feed Vivien and her fetus organic food is reminiscent of the hot chocolate laced with something sinister that Rosemary's old neighbor always brought to her. It's been a while since I've seen it, but if I remember correctly, her baby had hooves and horns too.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast