User Tag List

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I finally caught up.

I don't see the point of putting every post in a spoiler tag, people shouldn't read the thread if they aren't current. I didn't.

I must say, I find Violet to be a cunt. Then again, she's a teenager. They often are.
    I agree. I'm not a huge fan of Violet, but then, I'm not a huge fan of teenagers. I'm becoming more invested in the characters, though, flawed though they are.

As a big ole animal softie, I'm really worried about the dog surviving. :-( You don't introduce a dog into a horror show unless it's getting offed in some horrible way to get back at a character. I wish they'd avoid that particular cliche.
    Something Witty

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I must say, I find Violet to be a cunt. Then again, she's a teenager. They often are.
    I dunno. She's a bit more that than most, I would have probably slapped her by now.

The redeeming qualities are that she's (1) very tough-minded and brave and (2) independent and (3) generally insightful... although she's still somewhat myopic from not having much life experience, so while she can sometimes cut through her parents' BS effectively, she's usually missing the nuances and not being as fair (in good ways) with them as they deserve.

But hey, she's what, like 14, or something? And if I had to put up with Ben psychoanalyzing me all the time rather than engaging emotionally, I'd probably learn how to do it right back to him. She's got her mom's fire and her dad's intelligence.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Epiphany

I've been following this show for a couple of weeks online. There are only three available to view on the website.

Having not seen Halloween Part 1, I wonder if the terminally-ill burned victim is some kind of projection of Ben's subconscious, acting out dark desires of his psyche, but I don't remember the details of his story from the first two episodes.

Ben has mysteriously woken up on the ground without recollection of how he got there. Perhaps, he is doing things that he's not consciously aware of.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    ...Ben has mysteriously woken up on the ground without recollection of how he got there. Perhaps, he is doing things that he's not consciously aware of.
    Yes, it's hard to tell what's real, what's a ghost, and what is just a psychological projection on Ben's part to avoid taking responsibility for his own dark impulses.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Violet has some admirable qualities, but she's so nasty they are wasted. I thought what she said to her mother about the pregancy was particularly cruel.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Violet has some admirable qualities, but she's so nasty they are wasted. I thought what she said to her mother about the pregancy was particularly cruel.
    Well, if it helps, if she ever grows up, she'll realize what a jerk she's been and feel like crap for it. Not that it helps Vivien now.

Intergalactic Badass Array mujigay's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'd be an annoying prick like Violet if I had been raised by a father like Ben. Doesn't excuse it, but it definitely partially explains it.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

So far, I don't mind Violet. In fact, there isn't really anyone on this show that irritates me with the exception of Infantata. That freaky shit I can live without.

Regarding Ben and Larry, if Ben had any sense he would have googled Larry to verify his story. Guess we're just gonna have to wait and see.

For me, this show blows Walking Dead out of the water with it's unpredictability. REALLY looking forward to tomorrow night!

Edit: I am re posting an interview with Ryan Murphy (show's co creator). Spoilers, so don't read this if you don't want to know. CLICK ME

Here is one question that I sort of don't get.
    Will we find out why people like Moira are stuck living in this limbo?
    Yes. If you die on the property, you die in this house, you are condemned to be there for all eternity. You can’t go to the next level of whatever you perceive death and spirituality to be. The house definitely has its own rules, and the evil that is created there is so intense that it does hold the feet of the dead and they’re sort of like slaves to the mythology of it.
    So why did Constance tell Miora, "Now you're stuck here" after Ben built the Gazebo over her grave? I mean according to Ryan, wouldn't she have always been stuck in the house since she was killed in the bedroom?

MBTI
    INTP

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Hayden didn't nuke the doggie!!! I hate it when animals are pawns in horror shows. Leave the cute puppies out of it, k?

I did kind of feel bad for Hayden, even though she's a complete psycho. And I assume she hasn't left the house, since she disappeared from the police car. I don't think she's done.

Loved the stuff with Tate and the high school ghosteses. He seems to have blocked out the memory of what he did, and is genuinely confused. I wonder what he thinks is happening, what his existence is like, what sense he's made of it. There's something pretty Sixth Sense about the Tate storyline, like he's not aware he's a ghost, maybe? I don't know; I'm a bit confused.

Poor Constance. She was actually so sweet in the scene where she was putting makeup on Addy. I thought she was going to poison her with the tea, though!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What an awesome episode. Some of it, very edge-of-seat. And Ben is COMPLETELY wigging out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Hayden didn't nuke the doggie!!! I hate it when animals are pawns in horror shows. Leave the cute puppies out of it, k?
    I thought it was funny they showed the dog after last week we were like, "Hey, where'd the dog go?" I assume the poor little puppy was hiding somewhere in fear (and not under Violet's bed, a mysterious arm lives under there!)

I did kind of feel bad for Hayden, even though she's a complete psycho. And I assume she hasn't left the house, since she disappeared from the police car. I don't think she's done.
    No. Great episode for her, though; I have more sympathy for her now than I did in the past.

The security guard is cute too. The guy could be Keith's little brother (off Six Feet Under).

Loved the stuff with Tate and the high school ghosteses. He seems to have blocked out the memory of what he did, and is genuinely confused. I wonder what he thinks is happening, what his existence is like, what sense he's made of it. There's something pretty Sixth Sense about the Tate storyline, like he's not aware he's a ghost, maybe? I don't know; I'm a bit confused.
    Actually, it's hard to tell what he is. The girl said she would have been 34. If she had been 16-18 at the time of her death, that puts the Shooting 16-18 years ago... 1993-1995. This predates Columbine, although there were some purposeful similarities (such as the spin on Cassie Bernall -- "I said I believe in God, but I just said that, I didn't mean it!") Tate still looks like he's in high school, really, which means that if he's NOT a ghost, then he could be a reincarnation of the killer (which is why he doesn't remember)... or if he is a ghost, that means he died at the end of his spree, and I'm not sure why he doesn't remember. Still, they didn't hurt him; does that mean he must be a ghost? he also appeared at the cafe with Ben, in the prior episode, away from the house.

Poor Constance. She was actually so sweet in the scene where she was putting makeup on Addy.
    I almost teared up at that scene. Lange plays that role in that excruciating middle ground where she's both extremes at once, and I can't tell whether I'm going to hate her in the next minute or be in awe of her.

I thought she was going to poison her with the tea, though!
    lol... yup, I was thinking, "Cupcakes! No, run!"

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast