User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Okay, the deal with Frankenboy and mom was a little off-setting, but the whole resolution wasn't unexpected. I thought Mom's initial conversation with Zoe was a little weird, and then well, it got weirder.

However, here I thought Fiona was planning on turning over a new leaf... and apparently a zebra can't change its stripes. Kind of a strong episode in terms of her character development, I think she really didn't have that all planned... she was just stuck grappling with her own inevitable fate, and well stuff happens. But hey, she didn't flinch, after; back in the saddle, she's a tough one. Anyway, I think the ambivalence that Lange portrays in her makes her a deeper character than she might have been otherwise.

Great subplot too with Cordelia and Marie, I like how Marie is going to be the pain in their ass just because she can, without any apology, because Fiona tried to screw with her; Cordelia's only real crime is being the daughter of the Supreme, and how she's very very unhappy. How will that dynamic all play out?

Not sure about the new subplot with the fundie neighbors. It feels a little cliche, but it's taken to such extreme levels, well, could be interesting.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This coven doesn't need a new supreme, it needs a new rug.

Welp, guess Misty's gonna get another house guest.

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Not sure about the new subplot with the fundie neighbors. It feels a little cliche, but it's taken to such extreme levels, well, could be interesting.
    I thought it might be fun ongoing storyline the way the guy seemed to ignore the skanky witch and pay more attention to the special-o witch, but that potential sub plot went right out the window.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    I thought it might be fun ongoing storyline the way the guy seemed to ignore the skanky witch and pay more attention to the special-o witch, but that potential sub plot went right out the window.
    yeah, I found the same possibility intriguing... and within about 10 seconds, well, THAT was over. Seemingly. It might come back in a later episode, who knows?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

At least there's some stuff happening now, and I'll apologize in advance for the bad puns that are to follow.

The rivalry between Myrtle and Fiona has definitely heated up, hasn't it? And, oh, Misty, she's slowly intersecting with and bringing some life to the main plotlines. Things are getting more and more interesting.

Spalding can be rather disarming when he wants to be. They also say that clothes make the man, but I'm not sure what that makes him.

I thought Zoe revving up for her Evil Dead / Army of Darkness was both silly and inspired, I had to laugh. It looks like she's got a little more up her sleeves than vagina mortis... which I think we'd all suspected from the start.

Most disturbing plot twist was Cordelia losing face, and how one of the girls lent a hand in that. She now looks at her husband with new eyes, and that could be very bad for him... especially after what he's been doing in his spare time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I feel like everything is percolating towards something really, really epic. I hate the word epic but I can't think of another one.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I feel like everything is percolating towards something really, really epic. I hate the word epic but I can't think of another one.
    I hope so because last year was a mess. Too many story lines, and the ending should/could have been better.

I just finished watching Murder House again on Netflix, and to date that one is my favorite, but Coven might take first place after all is said and done. I really connected with many of the characters in Season one, but not really any with Asylum. As for Coven, so far the only one I don't like (for obvious reasons) is Delphine LaLaurie. No idea who "The Supreme" is, and I think it will stay that way until near the end.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I'm worried Misty Day's ability of 'resurgence' will undermine a character's death.
    I know that people, (well one person), came 'back to life' in Asylum and in Murder house no one was ever really gone, albeit with a catch.

But I wouldn't want her ability to turn into the 'healing blood' of the American Horror series.

Although having said this, there is a fairly strong theme, particularly in Coven, of death being either kept at bay, twisted, reversed or perhaps even beaten. So as long as it isn't overused as plot armour it could be a solid one.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like the idea of healing being limited, having a price to pay, etc. Misty herself was fried but looks whole again; it would be interesting if the latest victim actually remained looking the way she looks now, all toasty-o, just alive vs dead. Yes, I'm twisted and sadistic that way. But I don't like "Get out of Jail free" cards in my stories, I want trauma and sacrifice to mean something.

We should have a betting pool on who the next Supreme is going to be.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Stevie Nicks will make an appearance before the season is over. She is The Supreme.