User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I've never seen this show, but I've heard it described as going out of the way to push buttons. Apparently, the last season had lesbian S&M nuns and a mentally ill person who believed she was Anne Frank. Also, something with mouth-snakes.

I'd love to watch this.
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I've never seen this show, but I've heard it described as going out of the way to push buttons. Apparently, the last season had lesbian S&M nuns and a mentally ill person who believed she was Anne Frank.
    it did, but it's much more than just a "push buttons" show.

Also, something with mouth-snakes.
    That's this season. (We didn't see the mouth snakes yet, but we did see Little Miss Coitus Ebola + Live Pancreas Donor already.)

You forgot about the gimp suit ghost rape and Frankenstein baby abortion doc in Season #1.

I'd love to watch this.
    Sicko.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTp

I've never seen this show, but I've heard it described as going out of the way to push buttons. Apparently, the last season had lesbian S&M nuns and a mentally ill person who believed she was Anne Frank. Also, something with mouth-snakes.

I'd love to watch this.
    I like the show overall, but season 2 went a bit over the top with the horror cliches. It had an evil nazi doctor, a psychopath serial killer doctor, sadistic nuns (sadistic staff in general), demonic posession, and alien abduction/insemination all wrapped up in a mid century sanitorium and all going on at the same time. Oh, and the angel of death dropped in for a visit as well (got into a bit of a turf war with the resident posessor demon as I recall).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, I kinda hated the way they opened up way too many threads and then didn't properly explore and conclude them, they just kind of clamped and cauterized each off until the patient was dead.

Frances Conroy makes a brief cameo in Coven episode 1 and it's a radical departure from her characters in this series + Six Feet Under. Her outfit was awesome.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Just finished first episode. So. Fucking. Good.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Just finished first episode. So. Fucking. Good.
    Aside from the furlough and having no money, it's a great week for TV!
    (Walking Dead comes back this Sunday. yee-haw!)

Nice to see Jamie Brewer back again. She's cool.

I hope Taissa can do more than kill people with her vag, though. I mean, she can only kill half the population to start with, then.

The Minotaur is pretty cool.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The Minotaur is pretty cool.
    I found that pretty disturbing actually. And sad.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I found that pretty disturbing actually. And sad.
    Well, I feel that way too. I didn't mean "cool" in the sense that I like what happened to him. If you want my feelings about the way the slaves were treated -- I was disgusted and angry. (And I would have been all for letting LaLaurie be trapped, aware, beneath the flagstones for another 150 years or more. MANY more. She deserves far worse.) But I'm heavily into symbolism where mythology intersects with the psychological. I think Picasso also invested in the Minotaur symbolism in his own art and self-concept. I'm curious to see what they will do with that motif.

We're all watching a show full of death, torture, sex, and witchery, and burning people tied to construction machinery. All cray stuff.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    it did, but it's much more than just a "push buttons" show.

That's this season. (We didn't see the mouth snakes yet, but we did see Little Miss Coitus Ebola + Live Pancreas Donor already.)

You forgot about the gimp suit ghost rape and Frankenstein baby abortion doc in Season #1.

Sicko.
    Who is more sick, the sick person or the sick person that gets someone else sick? Ponder.....
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Who is more sick, the sick person or the sick person that gets someone else sick? Ponder.....
    Don't forget about the sick person that likes to talk on forums about how the sick person is getting someone else sick.