User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Warning- I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if I say stuff that has been said before.
    @Tigerlily has recommended this show to me several times. I tuned in for the first few shows of the first season and couldn't get into it then, so I didn't keep going. Just seemed kind of silly.. a ghostly rubber S&M suit? Really? Okay then.

Recently I read a thing about how the second season was not connected to the first but has many of the same actors in different roles. That kind of "rep company" setup intrigues me, so decided to give Season 2 a shot. It's pretty good, I must say. There's something inherently creepy about asylums. And Jessica Lange is pretty amazing. I especially loved the Name Game episode. Anyway, I went back and watched the rest of the first season too, once I got caught up on the current season and didn't want to wait a week for the next episode, and it did get better- the Violet/Tate storyline really was kind of captivating. And the girl who played Violet had such a sweet, child-like cry that every time she cried, I did too. Damn you, television!

Any guesses about season 3? Apparently there were clues in the Name Game episode. I did find it kind of jarring for Spock to say "We'll always have Paris" out of the blue and unconnected to anything I know of on the show, but then again it's supposed to be American Horror Story... so, Paris Texas? Prob. not.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Any guesses about season 3? Apparently there were clues in the Name Game episode. I did find it kind of jarring for Spock to say "We'll always have Paris" out of the blue and unconnected to anything I know of on the show, but then again it's supposed to be American Horror Story... so, Paris Texas? Prob. not.
    I picked up Paris connections too -- I was wondering if it would be in New Orleans, LA. It was supposed to be in a location with historical richness, and New Orleans has the whole voodoo creep factor.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Epiphany

It would be cool if they did a season in colonial America. Sleepy Hollow. The Salem Witch Trials. An American Haunting. There is plenty of horror lore from that time period to work with.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I also have to say, I loved the satanic nun subplot and was sorry to see her die. There was just something delicious about seeing a pretty little nun drinking and smoking and talking all dirty and being mean. The best part was when little glimmers of her formerly naive self would shine through.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    It would be cool if they did a season in colonial America. Sleepy Hollow. The Salem Witch Trials. An American Haunting. There is plenty of horror lore from that time period to work with.
    After rewatching The Name Game for the elusive clue to season 3 that Ryan Murphy mentioned, I noticed that Mary Eunice dedicated the song, "I Put a Spell on You" to Jude. Perhaps this is a reference to Salem, Massachusetts.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I also have to say, I loved the satanic nun subplot and was sorry to see her die. There was just something delicious about seeing a pretty little nun drinking and smoking and talking all dirty and being mean. The best part was when little glimmers of her formerly naive self would shine through.
    That was probably one of my favorite arcs of the season. I was just kind of disappointed how it ended; I was expecting something far more confrontational and epic.

I feel like a lot of the threads ended abruptly, with whimpers more than bangs.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Characters I loved this season-

Sister Jude- Wicked in the beginning and tragic at the end. And, I always love Jessica Lange!
    Pepper- Her rebirth was spectacular! <3
    Sister Mary Eunice- I was sad to see her go. RM really fucked up by killing her off.
    Lana- Excellent story line. What a nightmare! Can you imagine being free one day and institutionalized the next? Horrific! Sarah Paulson is easily one of my favorite actors thanks to AHS. Glad she was given a larger part this season and hope to see her next year!
    The Angel of Death- I always love stories that feature the AoD. I still can't believe they canceled Dead Like Me! Anyway, Frances Conroy is a rock star in my book. There isn't a part that she can't play!
    Kit Walker- Poor bastard. Even though I disliked the alien plot, I still like Kit and Evan Peters.

The others were just okay. Honestly there were just too many story lines. Zombies, Aliens, possession, Nazi's, etc. There's really no getting around the fact that the first season had more soul. The Blue Dahlia from last season totally kicked Anne Frank's ass. I think the idea of an Asylum was genius, but for me, it failed to deliver.

Anyway my prediction for next season is witches. Not sure how excited that will be, but hopefully they won't let the story get away from them this time.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The finale has yet to run, but I liked episode 12 a great deal... especially Lana's hallucinations and her internal wrestling with entitlement, and Kit... yeah, poor bastard is right. He can't seem to climb his way back to the top no matter what.

And then the whole "Son of Bloody Face" storyline... not really sure where it's going. We're already seen some deviations between reality and his perspective at times, I'm not sure what is real there.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

NEWS STRAIGHT FROM THE RIPPED-OUT BLEEDING HEART
    ... Hey guys! We got ourselves some Season 3 American Horror Story details! Creator Ryan Murphy held a screening of the finale with important people and told them that the next chapter of the series will be set in present day (Season 2 has spent much of its time in the '60s) AND that it will have a romance at the center of it. Murphy also confirmed that Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Jessica Lange will all return next season. I can also confirm that it will be weird. [Deadline Hollywood]
    http://www.tv.com/news/news-briefs-a...omantic-30439/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

A romance between two of the ubiquitous Witches of Paris, Texas it is, then.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: