User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT! HERE is the first five minutes!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Since I don't have TV, when is the first episode releasing for webstream?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Since I don't have TV, when is the first episode releasing for webstream?
    My guess would be tomorrow. They might have available on their website as well.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Can't. Fucking. Wait.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Can't. Fucking. Wait.
    I know, really. So far the overall TV season has been a bit marginal, I'm hoping this becomes my "must see" series for its second season; last year, it and Smash were the two series I really had trouble waiting a whole week for.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I know, really. So far the overall TV season has been a bit marginal, I'm hoping this becomes my "must see" series for its second season; last year, it and Smash were the two series I really had trouble waiting a whole week for.
    Oh man. Smash is love. I had no clue it could be possible to enjoy a show so much while despising virtually every single charecter on it. After a certain point you just gotta lay back and let the camp wash over you.

AHS, on the other hand, just got better as the show went on. They actually seemed to get a handle on the balance between camp and creep by time the finale rolled around, and the unevenness of the first half gave way to some really well done moments. The school shooting opener, for example, was easily one of the most disturbing things I've seen on a television show.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

@Jennifer, you won't be disappointed with this season!

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, I missed the first season, so is this second season completely unrelated story-wise to the first, but with some of the same actors?

It was pretty good (and I intend to watch it every week), but I was dissappointed with the admixture of sci-fi horror and gothic horror (Nothing against the implementation, I just don't think they mesh together thematically; I had similar problems with the last Indiana Jones).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow, what a great cast! Aside from the regulars, I mean, Clea Duvall? (She was just in Argo, but she's been in a bunch of stuff.) And Chloe Sevigny and James Cromwell?

Nice twist for Evan Peters this season. Season 1, he plays a murderer who doesn't know he is one; now apparently he plays someone who isn't a murderer but who everyone else thinks is... or is he?

Jessica Lange is making this series a practice of extremism. Last season she tore up the show as a severe and excessive southern belle, this season she is still practicing severity in her starkness. (and she's not impervious to desire, as the hilarious sequence of her daydream of seducing the priest she adores, in her red nightie, revealed). Either way, she dominates whoever else happens to be on the screen. It's nice to see her going for broke, I bet she's having the time of her life.

Interesting sparring between science and religion (between the matriarch and the doctor).

The theme is supposed to be Sanity this season, so while the UFO connection seems a bit odd, it's hard to tell whether that is real or false at the moment. I suppose that's the point.

Lots of poignancy in the two sets of relationships that are condemned by society -- the lesbian couple and the interracial couple. It's only 1964. That's barely 50 years ago. Interracial marriages nowadays are typically not a big deal aside from particular families, and lesbians in general can live together without fearing most reprisal, although depending on where you live you can still lose privileges in certain occupations (clergy, teaching, etc.) and only a few states provide equal partner rights the same as hetero couples. I just thought it was very sad that the interracial couple couldn't even wear their rings, and people thought she was the maid (although I think they were able to read past the pretense), and he actually had a shotgun ready in case a lynch mod showed up. What type of world was this 50 years ago?

I don't find it quite as compelling as Season 1 so far, but I still think it's very good... and it's interesting.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Oh man. Smash is love. I had no clue it could be possible to enjoy a show so much while despising virtually every single charecter on it. After a certain point you just gotta lay back and let the camp wash over you.
    There were some characters on that show I just despised. There were others who I was really disappointed with but who I felt bad for and/or wanted to see get over their demons. I actually really liked Ivy. She was a total bitch, and yet I totally could grasp where she was, how she got there, and desperately wanted her to dig out of her hole -- the actress did a great job in giving making a really immature/bitchy character sympathetic (to me).

Also, as a musician, I was pretty impressed with the music for the show. Most of it is actually really good. And they had decent performers; in particular, one song that didn't get much notice ("Lexington and 57th") sung by Michael actually showcases a MAN'S feelings of betrayal and sadness (in the character of Joe DiMaggio), and Will Chase sings it perfectly -- you can hear rage and anguish all churned together, yet the song never sounds unmasculine. Pretty amazing stuff.

of course, then in a wtf moment where life imitates art, Will Chase and Debra Messing both filed for divorce from their spouses during filming and I think were an item. WHAT?

AHS, on the other hand, just got better as the show went on. They actually seemed to get a handle on the balance between camp and creep by time the finale rolled around, and the unevenness of the first half gave way to some really well done moments. The school shooting opener, for example, was easily one of the most disturbing things I've seen on a television show.
    I should watch the first season again. Talk about sheer intensity. And despite the great scares, the heart of the show was still about the people/personalities. Tate was just a great character -- I wanted to strangle him, and I felt a lot of pity for him, which is very disorienting since I didn't want to feel pity. The whole twist with Violet was really good too, since all the signs were there and the audience could actually figure it out if they really puzzled through it, rather than just being a cheat. The school shooting you refer to was pretty brutal. The emotions in the show were always intense and over the top but never really felt unreal to me, even if I did want Violet to chill on occasion.