Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

So no prediction as to what will happen next week??

Connie Britton is great as Vivian and I think they're well matched as a married couple, despite the fact that Ben's a tool.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Here are some stills from next week's "Afterbirth". Vivian is holding a baby and Constance is with a blond child. Not sure if it's Tate as a child or Viv's baby. Also, that doesn't look like Tate's body in the rubber man suite which makes me suspect that someone else is playing dress up.

MBTI
    INTP

That is definitely not Tate's body. Could it be Hugo, maybe? We haven't seen him in the house yet.

Maybe the blonde is Constance's 4th child? I want to know about the 4th kid!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Clip from this week's finale.

I hope Ben gets out with the baby, but I can't see that happening.

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Hmm. Connie Britton has a different look, but I don't necessarily think she looks older than her age or older than Dylan McDermott. I think we're just used to seeing actresses who are over 40 all looking the same via cosmetic procedures and plumpers, and we're used to seeing actors who are in their 50s being paired with 30 year olds. McDermott does look a little younger than 50, but he has the rugged look, so it wouldn't matter if he did look his age.
    I honestly think that McD looks like he's in his 30's, he's one of those "timeless" guys. I had no idea he just recently turned 50. Whereas Britton does look older to me, I would have guessed her in her mid/late 40's (which seems to be about right -- according to imdb, she's going to be 45 soon).

I don't know about the "being the right price" thing--she has a huge following from Friday Night Lights. I like her in this, though I think none of the Harmon family is particularly meant to be likable. I like her moments of "are you kidding me right now?" She has a different presence than a lot of the cookie cutter actresses her age. She has more of a realness about her.
    I never saw FNL nor saw her act before, so this is the only character I have known her as.

I do agree that, while she doesn't resonate much with me on a personal basis (not like Jennifer Connolly or someone similar), she definitely seems natural, un-airbrushed, and real. She's pretty WSYIWYG. I can respect that.

Edited to add: I had no idea Frances Conroy's eye looks like that IRL now! How interesting they used it as part of the character! I can't find any info about how it got that way, though.
    Oh wow... I had no idea either. That's kind of cool they worked it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Here are some stills from next week's "Afterbirth". Vivian is holding a baby and Constance is with a blond child. Not sure if it's Tate as a child or Viv's baby. Also, that doesn't look like Tate's body in the rubber man suite which makes me suspect that someone else is playing dress up.
    Damn that suit! Dammit to all hades!

We have no way of telling who's got the suit on, do we?? Arg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    I hope Ben gets out with the baby, but I can't see that happening.
    Well, the answer seems likely that Ben will either die in the house and truly become part of the ongoing "American Horror Story" -- a story about a ghost family living in the house, and dealing with some new tenants -- or else Ben will stay, raise baby, and his dead wife and daughter will live in the house too. On an off-chance, maybe Ben will escape the house or die elsewhere and leave the show, if McDermott needs to move on with a movie shoot or something, but that's a long-shot.

Apparently since the living and dead can have sex, he and Viv can still be together, if she wants to be. It looks like both Vivien and Violet are "self-aware" ghosts, compared to many of the ghosts in the house that seem deranged, confused, angry, or lost. They're essentially who they were when alive, and sane; they're just dead.

However, both Hayden and Vivien are both ghosts now. Wth is going to happen with that little personality conflict?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Epiphany

I hate that the AHS website makes you wait an entire week before you can watch an episode. The latest episode will air on television before the previous one is available on the website. So, if you miss a single show, you either have to watch them out of order or watch the rest of the season online.

*throws a Tate tantrum*

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    I hate that the AHS website makes you wait an entire week before you can watch an episode. The latest episode will air on television before the previous one is available on the website. So, if you miss a single show, you either have to watch them out of order or watch the rest of the season online.

*throws a Tate tantrum*
    Well, you can stream it live from other sites. I didn't watch the show at all, and then this past week I decided to watch the entire season. I watched all of the episodes not available at the FX website here: http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Amer...on_1/episode_2

Quick Play Episode > (Here you can choose a link-source from a list below) Click to Play Video in New Window > (after here varies by site you choose, so look carefully for the real link hidden among the pop-ups, or for the human verification button)

I cannot vouch for its anti-viral status, but I can say that I didn't "catch" anything from any of the episode links. I use Norton360, but no alerts appeared.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Epiphany

Thank you, iwaker! I'll have to check that out.

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Any other special "OMG" moments that meant something to y'all?

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv/a...232740797.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

So Constance's grandson is going to be like a Hellspawn Jack? Or was there a fast forward in time between the Ramos family fleeing and Constance hiring an ill-fated nanny?

Edit: Ohhh, I see. It was a 3 year flash forward. I didn't catch that on the screen. (The hazard of watching tv with four silly dogs in the room.)
    Last edited by iwakar; 12-22-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Edit
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast