• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
American Horror Story Season 3 starts on October 9... and I am here to claim victory in terms of locale. :devil:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articl...an-horror-story-season-3-premiere-release.htm

In case you don't know much beyond the "American Horror Story" season 3 premiere, here's the deal with "Coven." It's set in New Orleans, tied with Salem, Massachusetts for the scariest city in the country (no, I don't have a source on that). And it features a bunch of witches who moved to New Orleans from Salem...

So all you Salem'ites did correctly pick up on the inclusion of details from the witchy aspects of Salem...
... but the real setting for the show is New Orleans.

BWA HA HA!!!!! This is like winning "Nothing" in the Scrapple bottle lotto!!!! Wheee!!!!

Returning cast: Lily Rabe, Francis Conroy, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Taissa Farmiga, Jessican Lange

new cast: Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, Patti LuPone, Gabourey Sidibe

note: the article has mild spoilers, if you bother to read it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
promo pic

american-horror-story-coven-inside1.jpg

My stomach's all aflutter thinking about it.... One more month!

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
hmm... i see from the poster that they kept some of my favorite characters, this should be fun, i m looking forward to it :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An aneurysm-inducing vagina. The horror! The HORROR!!!

Kind of hilarious. (What was the other line? "It's so hot, my fucking vagina's sweating!" ?)

I hope she has some other powers, that one isn't exactly the easiest to use in mixed company. And which do you think is worse? This, or vagina dentata?

So was Kathy Bates actually alive all that time locked in her casket, or did the Supreme bring her back? (reviewing the synopsis, Nan "was listening to the lady of the house" there under the cobbles. Ha ha, she was imprisoned in there for what, 150 years or something? Awesome.) And I feel kind of bad for Evan Peters. he spends more time as a dead guy than as a live one in this series.

I'm glad to see this season will have more humor in it. (Numerous quips, and pretty funny -- like Fiona saying to LaLaurie, "Come on, Mary Todd Lincoln, I'll buy you a drink.") The second season was rather serious and stark. Still, some of the scenes here (as typical for this series) were intense; the gang rape was hard to watch.

E

Epiphany

Kind of hilarious. (What was the other line? "It's so hot, my fucking vagina's sweating!" ?)

I hope she has some other powers, that one isn't exactly the easiest to use in mixed company. And which do you think is worse? This, or vagina dentata?

It's hard to choose. They're both so appealing.

She definitely has a Rogue from X-Men thing going on. In fact, the Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies sounds a lot like Professor Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters. It seems that witches are now the equivalent of mutants/superheroes. It resonates a bit with The Craft and The Covenant, both of which could have been interesting movies if they weren't reduced to teenage soap operas. It's too early to tell if this season will be a flop or not. There were certain elements that I liked about the first episode and plenty I didn't. It will be really redundant if Evan Peters and Taissa Farmiga have another romance, as entirely different characters.

So was Kathy Bates actually alive all that time locked in her casket, or did the Supreme bring her back? (reviewing the synopsis, Nan "was listening to the lady of the house" there under the cobbles. Ha ha, she was imprisoned in there for what, 150 years or something? Awesome.) And I feel kind of bad for Evan Peters. he spends more time as a dead guy than as a live one in this series.

Apparently so. Burried alive. I do like how each season is a different story with new characters, which could have potential to keep viewers entertained long after a series with a single narrative would become stale. Only time will tell.

I'm glad to see this season will have more humor in it. (Numerous quips, and pretty funny -- like Fiona saying to LaLaurie, "Come on, Mary Todd Lincoln, I'll buy you a drink.") The second season was rather serious and stark. Still, some of the scenes here (as typical for this series) were intense; the gang rape was hard to watch.

I don't mind humor in a horror story if it's executed well and doesn't distract from the suspense, like Scream. But I prefer the darker mood of Season 2. That's what a horror story should be, imo. Asylum seemed less like a soap opera compared to the first season, which is one of the reasons why I liked it better. It will be interesting to see Alexandra Breckenridge back in the lineup though.

Mmmmm....yes, please.

alexandra-breckenridge-coven.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She definitely has a Rogue from X-Men thing going on. In fact, the Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies sounds a lot like Professor Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters. It seems that witches are now the equivalent of mutants/superheroes. It resonates a bit with The Craft and The Covenant, both of which could have been interesting movies if they weren't reduced to teenage soap operas. It's too early to tell if this season will be a flop or not.

I'm not sure AHS would ever be a "flop." I think it might have varying levels of quality, but so far the directing and writing has at least been on par if not excellent in spots; and they usually have a pretty incredible cast.

There were certain elements that I liked about the first episode and plenty I didn't. It will be really redundant if Evan Peters and Taissa Farmiga have another romance, as entirely different characters.

I didn't really have an issue with anything in the first episode; it's to me more a matter of them building momentum to go somewhere. I felt like Season 2 kind of just swam about and didn't really go places overall with some of the story lines, then kind of petered out for many of the storylines. It's like they didn't know what they wanted to do with it. The last four episodes were just spent wiping out cast members until there was One Left Standing.

Apparently so. Buried alive. I do like how each season is a different story with new characters, which could have potential to keep viewers entertained long after a series with a single narrative would become stale. Only time will tell.

It's the only way to build constant intensity, otherwise you've got to do a lot of more subtle long-term drama. I miss the careening wild go-cart ride of Season #1. Every week I was guaranteed something crazy in their haunted house of horrors, and there was usually no way to anticipate what it would be. It was constantly, "WTF??!"

I don't mind humor in a horror story if it's executed well and doesn't distract from the suspense, like Scream. But I prefer the darker mood of Season 2. That's what a horror story should be, imo.

I found Season #2 rather flat, and not very scary. (Unsettling in spots, though, yes.) I would rewatch Season #1 but have little interest in watching much of Season #2, unless maybe it's the stuff with Chloe in it; she's a great actress. And maybe the scenes with Lana Banana and psycho Bloody Face shrinkguy.

I did watch portions of the last episode again last night; I do love the ending. I really had no idea how it was going to end until the last minute or so. I guess some people are capable of more than you would ever expect. And I do appreciate that they don't necessarily expect us to LIKE the characters. Understand why they do what they do? Maybe. But not necessarily like them. It was such a great ending, spinning certain concepts around and around again.

Asylum seemed less like a soap opera compared to the first season, which is one of the reasons why I liked it better. It will be interesting to see Alexandra Breckenridge back in the lineup though.

She is quite lovely. Even Taissa's all grown up now (I think she's 19).

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there a good place to stream the new season? I missed the first episode, and am trying to figure out where to catch up.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there a good place to stream the new season? I missed the first episode, and am trying to figure out where to catch up.

I usually just google "free online streaming <series name / episode number>" or something and get it where I can.

This one I think I found on MegaShare.

http://megashare.info/full_watch.php?id=TlRrME5RPT0

Not sure if the link still works, i loaded it last night.

It helps if you are used to dealing with these free sites, since they all usually try to load pop-ups and crap, and you have to be canny about what to click on and what not to, to avoid all that stuff.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've never seen this show, but I've heard it described as going out of the way to push buttons. Apparently, the last season had lesbian S&M nuns and a mentally ill person who believed she was Anne Frank. Also, something with mouth-snakes.

I'd love to watch this.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never seen this show, but I've heard it described as going out of the way to push buttons. Apparently, the last season had lesbian S&M nuns and a mentally ill person who believed she was Anne Frank.

it did, but it's much more than just a "push buttons" show.

Also, something with mouth-snakes.

That's this season. (We didn't see the mouth snakes yet, but we did see Little Miss Coitus Ebola + Live Pancreas Donor already.)

You forgot about the gimp suit ghost rape and Frankenstein baby abortion doc in Season #1.

I'd love to watch this.

Sicko.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I've never seen this show, but I've heard it described as going out of the way to push buttons. Apparently, the last season had lesbian S&M nuns and a mentally ill person who believed she was Anne Frank. Also, something with mouth-snakes.

I'd love to watch this.
I like the show overall, but season 2 went a bit over the top with the horror cliches. It had an evil nazi doctor, a psychopath serial killer doctor, sadistic nuns (sadistic staff in general), demonic posession, and alien abduction/insemination all wrapped up in a mid century sanitorium and all going on at the same time. Oh, and the angel of death dropped in for a visit as well (got into a bit of a turf war with the resident posessor demon as I recall).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I kinda hated the way they opened up way too many threads and then didn't properly explore and conclude them, they just kind of clamped and cauterized each off until the patient was dead.

Frances Conroy makes a brief cameo in Coven episode 1 and it's a radical departure from her characters in this series + Six Feet Under. Her outfit was awesome. ;)

tumblr_inline_mrjewgxSMA1qz4rgp.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just finished first episode. So. Fucking. Good.

Aside from the furlough and having no money, it's a great week for TV!
(Walking Dead comes back this Sunday. yee-haw!)

Nice to see Jamie Brewer back again. She's cool.

I hope Taissa can do more than kill people with her vag, though. I mean, she can only kill half the population to start with, then.

The Minotaur is pretty cool.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found that pretty disturbing actually. And sad.

Well, I feel that way too. I didn't mean "cool" in the sense that I like what happened to him. If you want my feelings about the way the slaves were treated -- I was disgusted and angry. (And I would have been all for letting LaLaurie be trapped, aware, beneath the flagstones for another 150 years or more. MANY more. She deserves far worse.) But I'm heavily into symbolism where mythology intersects with the psychological. I think Picasso also invested in the Minotaur symbolism in his own art and self-concept. I'm curious to see what they will do with that motif.

We're all watching a show full of death, torture, sex, and witchery, and burning people tied to construction machinery. All cray stuff.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it did, but it's much more than just a "push buttons" show.

That's this season. (We didn't see the mouth snakes yet, but we did see Little Miss Coitus Ebola + Live Pancreas Donor already.)

You forgot about the gimp suit ghost rape and Frankenstein baby abortion doc in Season #1.

Sicko.

Who is more sick, the sick person or the sick person that gets someone else sick? Ponder.....

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who is more sick, the sick person or the sick person that gets someone else sick? Ponder.....

Don't forget about the sick person that likes to talk on forums about how the sick person is getting someone else sick.