Thread: American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Just watched Smoldering Children. Well, THAT throws a wrench in them moving out, right? Wow. Now what?
    Everyone dead and new owners next season.

We also find out how Larry got burned, what pressures triggered Tate's rampage, and see Larry seek penance for his past indiscretion.
    I'm glad he's gone . Sick of his weird little hands.
    Constance is a pretty cold piece of work.
    Jessica Lange plays her so well. I wonder why no one in the house has butchered her yet? She's pretty ballsy walking around when her Husband, Miora and Tate all have motives for killing her.

I was so emotional when Violet saw her body. I've watched Smoldering Children three times and each time felt her pain. Imagine being trapped in that house. Just terrible.

Have you explored the house yet? Check this out. Creepy!

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    I'm glad he's gone . Sick of his weird little hands.
    That's true. I mean, it's kinda creepy. He could really use a good dermatologist, btw.

Jessica Lange plays her so well. I wonder why no one in the house has butchered her yet? She's pretty ballsy walking around when her Husband, Miora and Tate all have motives for killing her.
    And her dead boyfriend, now.

The thing is, she plays the character well enough that she's really intimidating. Tate loves his mom, even when she's beating him he just curls up in a ball, and the closest he can get to hurting her is killing her dream of him being the "one perfect child" out of the four and setting up his own "suicide by cop" in her house, to humiliate/reject her; Moira's character is such that she's just not a killer (where apparently Hayden is, ha ha); and I haven't really seen much of her husband. She's just so ballsy, though, no one wants to touch her; and she also interacts with the ghosts as if they exist so they lose some power over her; and I think they also would like to use her if possible to help themselves.

Even her dead boyfriend is too impotent to strike out at her; he still loves her, despite how she treated him like crap.

I was so emotional when Violet saw her body. I've watched Smoldering Children three times and each time felt her pain. Imagine being trapped in that house. Just terrible.
    I went back to Piggy, Piggy to watch that original scene over again, then watched the scene in Smoldering Children too. It was just so well done. Again, Tate confounds me; the people he loves, he'll give anything for, but if you're someone he hates, you might as well be dead, and if he's neutral, then you can be victimized by him in his desire to take care of the people he loves. A lot of his obsessive nature still seems to be some of the "teenage" thing going, untempered by experience or age.

I think it was just horrific that she tried to off herself, then thought she didn't; and now when she actually wanted to live? Well.... sorry, hon, too late. If anything, though, she's probably the "sanest" inhabitant of that house; I just don't know if she can maintain sanity within that setting.

I also had wondered whether it was some trick of Tate's to keep her there with him forever, since he's so obsessive; but the whole thing with her being unable to leave the property suggests that it's truly what it seems to be.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Preview for tomorrow night's episode "Birth". Looks like they'll be finding out Violet's dead.[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsPDjNnNP_w"]Poor Violet[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You think they'll believe in ghosts, then, finally?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You think they'll believe in ghosts, then, finally?
    I think Vivien is privy, especially after seeing Nora but yeah, if they see Violet's body AND Ben sees that she's not in the car, they'll have no choice.

A lot is going down tomorrow night. I'm not sure Vivian is going to survive, but we'll see!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

HERE is a clip from tonight's episode. Billie Dean explains what the house wants. Can't wait!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm really looking forward to seeing these last two season episodes.

It's nice to have a TV series that I'm actually excited to see the next installment. I currently am watching things like Suburgatory, New Girl, Terra Nova, Person of Interest, Once Upon a Time, and AHS, but I will easily say that AHS is the "must see" series for me this year.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I can't remember the last time I've been so into a show and that includes True Blood. I'll even buy the collectors dvd when it comes out.

Word on the street is that Tate isn't the Father, and that the daddy is Constances fourth child, who we haven't met yet. Never a dull moment!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, that was a thrillride. If things keep going this way, I guess we'll know where Ben is going next episode. (Of course, it might even be more interesting if he doesn't.)

One of the best moments for me was the last minute, where Violet tells Tate to get lost (because although she loves him, he has done some very awful things and needs to pay for what he's done), he leaves, she breaks down, and then Vivien is there with her and tells her that she just did something very brave. Violet says, "I'm sorry you lost your baby," and her mom just touches her face and then hugs her and says, "I didn't lose my baby."

MBTI
    INTP

That was an amazing episode! Lots of excitement, and lots of stuff sort of resolved, too, but there's still so much more to explore. Violet's character really redeemed herself in this episode. Surely we won't be seeing the last of Tate, though? Also, if she can tell Tate to go away, can she just tell any other ghost to go away? She couldn't banish Zachary Quinto.

Why wasn't the baby hideous?

I also really liked Nora comforting Tate as a little boy, and him feeling the need to repay her kindness. Really like the actress who plays Nora. She's just right on the edge of looney-tunes.

Jessica Lange is a goddess.
    Something Witty

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast