User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 123

  1. #71
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    To Synapse, I like rock but both those songs are shiite. It is MAINSTREAM ROCK i.e. POP. Oasis sucks (first album was good though), Matchbox Twenty is just a joke of a band. Try harder.

  2. #72
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,490

    Default

    So, basically, @Elfboy likes rock music. He just didn't have a very clear idea on what it is.

  3. #73
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    not really. I didn't say I wanted to fuck you up. I was just honest, and told you how reading your posts makes me feel.
    I know, I was only joking. I feel like a miscellaneous 7 today
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #74
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    yeah
    PS: you cut out the most important part of the quote
    Not really; just like how you don't care about consolation, I don't care about what you think about consolation.

    The goal was never to get you to like ALL rock music; that's unrealistic, and almost no one likes all rock music anyway. The goal was to figure out, if you liked any music with rock instrumentation, what sort of rock it was you liked. And we've figured it out: Symphonic alt-metal with operatic female vocals. From there, you can expand to other very similar music if you choose to, or just stick with that. But either way, the point is that you do in fact like some rock. Obviously you aren't ever going to like three-chord punk rock or pumped-up macho arena rock or anything like that -- but who's disappointed? You not liking all rock music is not the end of the world.

    Hence, my not addressing your other point earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    So, basically, @Elfboy likes rock music. He just didn't have a very clear idea on what it is.


    Or at least, he didn't know how many subgenres of rock there are.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  5. #75
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Not really; just like how you don't care about consolation, I don't care about what you think about consolation.

    The goal was never to get you to like ALL rock music; that's unrealistic, and almost no one likes all rock music anyway. The goal was to figure out, if you liked any music with rock instrumentation, what sort of rock it was you liked. And we've figured it out: Symphonic alt-metal with operatic female vocals. From there, you can expand to other very similar music if you choose to, or just stick with that. But either way, the point is that you do in fact like some rock. Obviously you aren't ever going to like three-chord punk rock or pumped-up macho arena rock or anything like that -- but who's disappointed? You not liking all rock music is not the end of the world.

    Hence, my not addressing your other point earlier.




    Or at least, he didn't know how many subgenres of rock there are.
    evanescence is not operatic vocals
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #76
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    evanescence is not operatic vocals
    I know. Poor choice of words.

    Here was my Ne thought progression: Nightwish --> Evanescence --> "Repo! the Genetic Opera" sounds like Evanescence --> Sarah Brightman is in that soundtrack --> she's an opera singer

    Therefore, everything in that thought process associated itself with each other in my mind to the point that I couldn't separate Evanescence from opera from anything else.

    p.s. You missed the most important part of my quote.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  7. #77
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I know. Poor choice of words.

    Here was my Ne thought progression: Nightwish --> Evanescence --> "Repo! the Genetic Opera" sounds like Evanescence --> Sarah Brightman is in that soundtrack --> she's an opera singer

    Therefore, everything in that thought process associated itself with each other in my mind to the point that I couldn't separate Evanescence from opera from anything else.

    p.s. You missed the most important part of my quote.
    fuck Sarah Brightman, she is a poser Sarah Brightman is not my cup of tea
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #78
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    fuck Sarah Brightman, she is a poser Sarah Brightman is not my cup of tea
    So much missing of points is going on here! Sarah Brightman is not the point. But I guess the point has already been reached, so anything from here on out has to be off-topic?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #79
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    So much missing of points is going on here! Sarah Brightman is not the point. But I guess the point has already been reached, so anything from here on out has to be off-topic?
    so ending the thread was your objective all along...
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #80
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    so ending the thread was your objective all along...
    I already said what my objective was; to see what kind of rock you like. And the objective has been met. I'm an ESTJ, dammit, what do you want from me?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. Why do people like the Pope so much?
    By /DG/ in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 10:53 PM
  2. Why do people like Romeo and Juliet?
    By Elfboy in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 04:34 AM
  3. Why do people learn to read?
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 04:42 AM
  4. [INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?
    By Dominicus Griswold in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO