Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    And both Madonna and Gaga are good examples of well rounded musicians, despite being famous for pop. A lot of Madonna's early music was from the late NYC rock scene, once punk and new wave were getting popular. Some of those songs are really good. And around the time "Music" came out, she was really cool in an interview I saw once.. where she was re-learning how to play guitar again. Gaga is a former Juliard student, but with a liking for Burlesque, Queen, German Industrial, straight pop..among other things. She's just got her own collection of tastes that can't be singled down. Which is what I'm trying to say about many people.
    I know, I'm not trying to pigeon hole people for their tastes by any means, but I'm trying to understand if there are any general similarities between most of the fans of certain musical genres.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

You might as well ask why anyone likes the color red.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Because it rocks.

-Use of 16th notes (complex)
    -Use of Blastbeats (complex)
    -Use of Exotic Scales (complex)
    -Satan is lulz (questionable)

If you think rock sucks you're not listening to the right kind of METAL.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

To answer the OP: BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME.

Some of my fav bands include Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin and Metallica (well, the Black Album - which admittedly probably doesn't make me a real Metallica fan.) Typical INFJ, eh?

I also love bands/singers perhaps more typical to my type such as Sting and Crowded House, and I was classically trained (piano), and love classical music too.

I find "why would anyone like rock music" a really odd question. I mean, just because you don't... I tend to be at my happiest when I'm at a loud concert.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    okay, I'll use opera for example. opera generally communicates strength, integrity and passion and most of the people I've met who like opera tend to notice these traits and vibe with them too. most of my acquaintances who are opera fans are unusually confident, passionate and carry themselves with a sense of nobility. there tends to be a certain extravagance and desire to be regal that I very rarely see in other people. it's not that they're snobs, it's just who they are
    okay so you're looking for people with a preference for rock music. I cant help you there. And its not a bad observation, I would say I agree with your observations.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    To answer the OP: BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME.

Some of my fav bands include Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin and Metallica (well, the Black Album - which admittedly probably doesn't make me a real Metallica fan.) Typical INFJ, eh?

I also love bands/singers perhaps more typical to my type such as Sting and Crowded House, and I was classically trained (piano), and love classical music too.

I find "why would anyone like rock music" a really odd question. I mean, just because you don't... I tend to be at my happiest when I'm at a loud concert.
    clearly an INFJ 6w5 Sp/Sx liking this is evidence that this may be less type related than I initially though
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

clearly an INFJ 6w5 Sp/Sx liking this is evidence that this may be less type related than I initially though
    i can't think of any types that wouldn't like rock music. some might be more likely but it's really widespread and there are all different kinds..

infp 4w5's are probably supposed to listen to morrissey or some shit but i mostly listen to hip-hop.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i can't think of any types that wouldn't like rock music. some might be more likely but it's really widespread and there are all different kinds..

infp 4w5's are probably supposed to listen to morrissey or some shit but i mostly listen to hip-hop.
    makes sense to me. hip hop is very Ne-ish and there's plenty of 4-ishness in there too
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Why would anyone dislike Rock?

Serious answer: I'm not a big fan. My musical interests range from rap and hip pop to Enya, which makes me a bad parameter. Name a great band and I will usually only like 10% of their musics.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't think things like this are very type-related. A bit, sure, but there are too many other factors at work. My older brother's influence has a lot to do with me liking hard rock/metal. He started listening to hard rock by the time I was 8 or so and while I didn't like some of it, I loved others. He's probably an ISTJ, it's probably a bit more typical for him. I suspect that without his influence, I might still have gotten into bands like Led Zeppelin eventually (he's not nearly as big a fan as I am) but maybe not some of the others.

As for classical, my parents put us into music lessons starting quite young. My dad loves classical music and was always playing his records when we sat down for dinner etc. I think that influenced my love of rock music too to the extent that I love very melodic music (whether hard rock or something softer.) If it's really drony or thrashy, I probably won't like it.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING