User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Musical taste "defines personality"

Here is the thread. The link is dead though. Gentle and creative were the words for rock/metal not mellow.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Maybe it is something like that, I don't know. I'll try and look for the thread. Changing the subject... I remember reading about a powerlifting champ that recommending listening to music you hate while training because it makes you aggressive... that never worked for me. I always liked AC/DC.
    I think funk works for exercise.. mostly a consistent driving beat..like it's there,and it's fun, but not a lot parts where distracts too much. Probably the same reason many use dance music too.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think funk works for exercise.. mostly a consistent driving beat..like it's there,and it's fun, but not a lot parts where distracts too much. Probably the same reason many use dance music too.
    Dance is really good, easy to design exercise choreography to. I think funk would be great as well, can't say that I have used it much though.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Dance is really good, easy to design exercise choreography to. I think funk would be great as well, can't say that I have used it much though.
    Well you can go with.. kind of modern funk. People will lie, but I don't think anyone hates the Chili Peppers that much?

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Well you can go with.. kind of modern funk. People will lie, but I don't think anyone hates the Chili Peppers that much?
    Actually I was thinking of designing something to Funky Monks as I listened to it on the way home the other day.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm actually a heavy metal fan. Mostly glam-metal. I always will be, because it holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of good times.

I had a gigantic Jon Bon Jovi poster in my bedroom when I was 17. Went to many concerts, smoked tons 'o pot, drank lots 'o liquor, hung out in heavy metal dive-bars, and dated the guys. Those were the days. If only men still looked that good..... stretch pants and long hair.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I didn't bitchslap you!

The difference between ENFP Te and ESTJ Te is that ESTJs don't use it as a tool for a specific purpose (e.g. for bitchslapping). We just use it all the time and don't know how to communicate without it. I used it a bit harsher in this thread because, since you use it that way, I thought I was speaking your language.

Ah well! Learned my lesson there.

^Frogs are cute!

So thank you for the flattering metaphor!

Let the record show that I beat Elfboy at his own game.

(teasing! rly!)

Aw but you have a whole new world of music to explore! What's not to be excited about??
    I'm not mad at you, you just beat me fair and square (albeit unintentionally)
    I only said I was emo because you got me started listening to evanescence again and it made me feel kinda sad listening to it
    you have nothing to apologize for
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh btw, one of my best friends who is a definite INFJ also loves Def Leppard. I believe she's fond of Aerosmith too.

EDIT: I might as well admit it, I find male rock stars incredibly sexy too. There are actually hardly any female pop/rock singers I like - and those I do are mostly more on the "pop" side (the amazing Chrissy Hynde of the Pretenders is an exception).

I just think you need testosterone to truly rock out, baby. And if you have testosterone, awesome music and attitude, you can rock anything and I will adore you, even if you are not conventionally handsome and even if you choose to wear ridiculous clothing.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I like a lot of rock music, but I don't like "rock music" itself, because it isn't really real. Genres are mostly collections of standards & cliches. & hip-hop has the most of all, even though I do like hip-hop as a genre.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

God, I don't know. What you might refer to as "rock" music is just something you feel in your bones. That being said, it varies with the mood. I wouldn't listen to Converge for the same reasons that I might listen to Bon Jovi.

You're better off going for prog rock or math rock, since you seem to like the idea of complexity in your music. If you're into Celtic stuff, then folk metal isn't a bad place to start either, especially the groups that incorporate lots of traditional instruments and female melodic vocals.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost