• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"smart club wear"

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
(Update: no hurry anymore, problem solved, thanks PM / studio 51 image gallery ;) )

So, what is it, exactly? I know a few styles and have appropriate clothing for many occasions, tho I've lagged behind all the current styles most of the time. I've got no custom made clothing for trance events, especially, tho with what I've got I've fit in just fine, tho I've seemed perhaps quite a bit ordinary, but not too much so.

I'm getting anxious over the dress code.

Smart club wear?

So what does the phrase mean?

Do clubs really turn away inappropriately dressed customers? Never happened to me once in my life.. oh wait, once. I was wearing sandals one summer evening, when the dress code demanded shoes to one place. But I hadn't planned to go there in the first place, so I just wore what I had at that time.

I only now realize it's supposedly some high class place or so, high class somehow, I don't know how. I guess some local (and other) celebrities frequent in there, for example Paris Hilton partying in there one night got some media coverage in Finland. I've seen some limos bring some celebrities there a few times. So I guess the organizers try to seriously maintain some sort of an image, tho I don't know what it is.

Help me with some pictures or definitions please. I'd have to go there in about 4 hours. Is smart = classy or businesslike or punk or what? Innovative? creative? Glamorous? Don't get the "businesslike" wrong, It's just that I've so far associated "dressing smart" with businesslike clothing.

Link to event: KLUBITUS :: tapahtuma, HALLMARK / SHUT UP AND DANCE! / STUDIO 51 (lauantai 12.4.2008)

I admit I'm a moron. So have your laughs at my ignorance and provide some quick tips please.

(Update 2: the event is over, it went great, so all worry and no problems ;) )

Last edited:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Problem solved, found picture gallery of the venue..

Nightclub Studio 51
I stressed out for nothing, nothing at all.. I'm feeling silly now.

How would you rate the men in these pictures for a "smart club wear"?
42.jpg

31.jpg

62.jpg

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Well you certainly don't need a tux or anything so you can still wear a REALLY nice pair of jeans.

Basics:
Nice jeans
Trendy shirt or graphic tee
Fitted jacket
Non-busted pair of shoes that don't look like you're on your way to work!
Nice sunglasses/shades
Hat/Baseball cap

It really depends on what look you're going for. You can do the whole hip hop trendy thing and that would work or you could be a little smoother looking. Your choice.

9a104q.jpg

2090665-m.jpg

Nice shirt and jacket that's a little fitted (not too tight, but not loose)
GQfashion1v.jpg

You do not want to look like this:
00003f.jpg

This guy's jeans are OK, but the shirt/shoes aren't for going to a club, bar maybe
00011f.jpg

But this is OK :D:
00008f.jpg

Shoes if you have anything like this:
281043_fpx.tif

18LR106M-2T.jpg

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Freakin ay, Santtu! I went into fashion overdrive because I sensed a person in need.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
OMG I found gallery for the Hallmark event. That's FAR more casual.
imageFolio.cgi

hm_20071027_11.jpg

hm_20060121_03.jpg

hm_20060121_04.jpg

I'll have to combine the two styles and pick something that's good for both the event and the venue ..

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Whatever you do, don't wear that teal shirt on that guy in the bottom right -- you know, the one wearing the weird glasses.

I am cringing.

Last edited:

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh, you extroverts. I get tired just looking at those photos.

I think my space bubble would get squeezed hard enough to pop me out the top and stick me to the ceiling.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hey Sanntu, you know from the pics, it's not really what I imagined for 'smart club wear' or even a 'scene' club. Looks pretty relaxed and even casual to me so I'm sure you were relieved. ;)

Dress codes usually have to do with shoes from what I've seen. I've known guys who were turned away for wearing sneakers or Timberlands. What makes me chuckle is when a club announces a "dress code" and only implies what the dress code is by saying things like "Dress to Impress!" or "Only for the grown and sexy!" Hahahahaha. Basically they are telling you not to look like a bum. :dry:

So --- how was the club?? :holy: Fun? Lots of well dressed folks?

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What?!? I didn't see you in any of those photos. I bet you don't even have an appropriate teal shirt (or do you?).
I don't!

I thought you were digging at even the people commenting on the photos. ;)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hey Sanntu, you know from the pics, it's not really what I imagined for 'smart club wear' or even a 'scene' club.
Seemed pretty standard to me, too, tho there were few fabulous outfits. Some of the people in the pictures should have been denied of entry, IMHO, if some dress code were to be upheld :dry:
Looks pretty relaxed and even casual to me so I'm sure you were relieved. ;)
Yeah, I were :) Tho I got anxious again over seeing the images from the Hallmark. People dressed outright badly in some of the pictures, IMHO. I got worried about the 2 standards.

I was most surprised it was such a casual event. In many of the raves I've been to people dress outrageously, with blazing colors, extreme styles, hard core.. some cyber punk style, and I love it! So compared to some of those, this would be just don't-dress-like-a-bum event :laugh:

I should have guessed from the keyword "club" :dry:

So --- how was the club?? :holy: Fun? Lots of well dressed folks?
It was great, DJ Tab performed some awesome pieces.. others were great, too :banana2: A bit too progressive early in the evening. Probably put the worst DJ's in the beginning ;) It moved to some melodic trance with few upbeat pieces.. great gig overall :)

Many of the women were just astonishing with fashionable, glamorous and classy style, accentuated by impeccable, fantastic makeup. It did a great thing to lift up the mood, even tho I was with my woman and weren't there for the ladies.. She was gorgeous, too, dressed in black, classy as ever - with a slight bit of punk style :yes:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oh, you extroverts. I get tired just looking at those photos.

I think my space bubble would get squeezed hard enough to pop me out the top and stick me to the ceiling.
I'm having second thoughts about my woman's "introvercy", with her being so okay with such events :)

I have this hunch that an introvert may enjoy being in a tight packed crowd, drinking and dancing, but the focus might just be less on the group experience and more on the own experience. It would then be an introverted and not an extroverted experience. Does that sound sensible? :huh:

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
I have this hunch that an introvert may enjoy being in a tight packed crowd, drinking and dancing, but the focus might just be less on the group experience and more on the own experience. It would then be an introverted and not an extroverted experience. Does that sound sensible? :huh:
The answer lies in the bold, not the underlined.