User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Rage

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I hear the AI in rage is really good.
    From what I'm seeing, so far, it's good enough. Nothing compared to F.E.A.R. or Condemned, but nowhere near as underwhelming as, let's say, Crysis.

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Man, that was the worst ending I've ever seen.

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Man, that was the worst ending I've ever seen.
    I just bought it 2 weeks ago haven't finished it yet. So far it's not bad I'm enjoying it but it's not amazing either. I think they are making some DLC for it to complete the ending. The graphics are strange for one the art is incredibly detailed everything looks amazing from a distance, then when you get close up to the textures look like a muck. I configured the game to enable 8k texture resolution it looks a bit better but still a muck. I also had to update my ati drivers to the preview drivers or the textures would just have some horrible pop in. I would give this game a 7.5 or 8.0. ID tec engine 5 has some serious potential I find it will be the next big thing in years to come.

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    From what I'm seeing, so far, it's good enough. Nothing compared to F.E.A.R. or Condemned, but nowhere near as underwhelming as, let's say, Crysis.
    Crysis 1 was good, crysis 2 however was horrid. The single player was OK but disappointing they took out the open world concept and the multilayer was like playing halo 1 without vehicles.

  5. #15
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I just bought it 2 weeks ago haven't finished it yet. So far it's not bad I'm enjoying it but it's not amazing either. I think they are making some DLC for it to complete the ending. The graphics are strange for one the art is incredibly detailed everything looks amazing from a distance, then when you get close up to the textures look like a muck. I configured the game to enable 8k texture resolution it looks a bit better but still a muck. I also had to update my ati drivers to the preview drivers or the textures would just have some horrible pop in. I would give this game a 7.5 or 8.0. ID tec engine 5 has some serious potential I find it will be the next big thing in years to come.

    I agree with a lot of what you say. I also enabled the better texture work and from a distance, in lighting, the game looks wonderful but up close the texture work is dreadful.

    The game only succeeds in showcasing how good its gunplay is; enemy animation and the kinetic feel of combat is superb. However there are some odd design issues and imbalances which boggle the mind, like the fact that your starting pistol with Fat Mamma ammo is the best weapon in the game and you'd be a fool to use anything else, which trivializes any sense of progression or improvement as you expand your arsenal. Yes you can empty an entire clip of the Authority MG into a guy and have him still be alive, but why bother when you can one or two shot him with your pistol instead. And the ending is about as exciting as the quests you pick up at the job board, and even then those probably last longer than the last mission did.

    IMO I'd love to see the engine in other titles, as this game felt like a tech demo. Overall, not worth a buy until it's like, 20 bucks or so.



  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you say. I also enabled the better texture work and from a distance, in lighting, the game looks wonderful but up close the texture work is dreadful.

    The game only succeeds in showcasing how good its gunplay is; enemy animation and the kinetic feel of combat is superb. However there are some odd design issues and imbalances which boggle the mind, like the fact that your starting pistol with Fat Mamma ammo is the best weapon in the game and you'd be a fool to use anything else, which trivializes any sense of progression or improvement as you expand your arsenal. Yes you can empty an entire clip of the Authority MG into a guy and have him still be alive, but why bother when you can one or two shot him with your pistol instead. And the ending is about as exciting as the quests you pick up at the job board, and even then those probably last longer than the last mission did.

    IMO I'd love to see the engine in other titles, as this game felt like a tech demo. Overall, not worth a buy until it's like, 20 bucks or so.
    Well I don't use the fat boy rounds much that's because the mutants jump around and are too quick for a single pistol to hit them accurately so I end up using the machine guns and shotguns. Plus you cant really pick off people from a distance with the pistol. I think the A.I is also good but not great, there are plenty of times they just run out in the open waiting to get shot. If there's one weapon I think is OP it's the wingstick that weapon is too powerful u can skimp through the game with those alone if you keep buying them, why empty a clip when one shot kills them? it also follows the enemy as well when you throw it.

  7. #17
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Its a fun game and the graphics look great on the Xbox 360 in comparison with console games. I'm renting it but its a pretty good buy this black Friday weekend for 30 bucks. Wish it was a little deeper like Fallout 3/New Vegas instead of just running tasks. Good game 8/10. The shooting and driving controls are spot on.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Its a fun game and the graphics look great on the Xbox 360 in comparison with console games. I'm renting it but its a pretty good buy this black Friday weekend for 30 bucks. Wish it was a little deeper like Fallout 3/New Vegas instead of just running tasks. Good game 8/10. The shooting and driving controls are spot on.
    I'm a huge fan of fallout played fallout 3 forever but I think rage is a different flavor def more of a shooter it deserves more credit for what it is. Too bad the ending was terrible.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJ Rage?
    By SS17 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 06:18 AM
  2. Road rage
    By onemoretime in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 02:58 PM
  3. [Se] How do you deal with rage/anger?
    By BerberElla in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 10:37 PM
  4. [INTP] INTP Rage
    By Schizm in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO