• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where is your favourite place to read and why?

Lark

Where do you like to read? Does the setting or atmosphere count when you choose to read? Can you read with music or background noise or has it got to be a studious and library quietude?

KDude

On my bed, next to a nightstand. More like, lack of atmosphere.

I never could read outside for long. Either too many distractions or I just don't like people around..for example, at a park or sitting around a school campus. It's not just reading time. It's kind of "alone" time.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
In bed. I try not to do that as much anymore, because my back/neck hates me for it, but I can't help it...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At night, I like to read in my bed, with the soft yellow lampshade turned on.

Other favorite places to read include a nice comfy chair in the living room, with my legs curled up; outside in nice weather (grassy yard or near a lake); or in the bathroom.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Bed, bath (although i get the pages wet) or in the living room curled up on the sofa .. The more quiet it is, the better otherwise i keep on reading the same line and that just gets annoying after the second time.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Someplace with a comfortable chair and someplace quiet. Easier to concentrate, less distractions. It doesn't matter which room it is, as long as I can zone in on the book. :)

Mr. Cat

MBTI Type
INXP
Airplanes, Libraries, Bookstores, Workplace and Hotels because they all compel me to read.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
bed, my stoop when it's nice outside, the kid's section of the library near my house cuz there's a giant teddy bear to cuddle with

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
On trains, in coffee houses, or in a park in the shade nuzzled up to an old tree.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
A specific spot in my bed. It's even better when I close the blinds at night and am able to be pulled into my current microcosm. :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
In my bed. After I get cocooned in my covers, with my ENFJ snuggled up against me, maybe with some rain and wind.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyplace I can be alone. I can't read with other people around.

N

NPcomplete

I usually read anywhere but my favourite spots at home are the couch and my bed. Other than that there's a spot at school that I like but it's always in great demand and the grass is sometimes suspiciously wet.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Sitting on the floor at the bookstore, so that I don't have to actually pay for the book.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my bed, but I really don't mind mellow background noise and talking. If there are people around, I actually found out that I tend to follow them with my book without realizing it. I can do bookstores, mellow parties and company, howling wind and rain, very soft music, fan, whatever. I can't read in dead silence.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I can pretty much read everywhere (unless I'm feeling particularly restless, in which case I probably couldn't read anywhere), but my favorite places are outside in relative solitude.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
anywhere really. usually in between doing things / transit.
i always have a book on me.

when i have the time i love reading on the balcony.