Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Cool Best move sword fight scenes

whether they're more realistic fight scenes like the 7 samurai or ridiculously unrealistic like Star Wars is up to you

let's start things off with one of my favorites

PS: it starts around 3:30 btw
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zatoichi-DVD...xgy_d_h__img_b

Zatoichi without a shadow of a doubt, I believe, wildly unrealistic that any of the swordsmanship was feasible, let alone for a blind man but some seriously great depictions of the "drawing of the sword" techniques and single stroke kills of Samuari lore.

I dont know if that would even be possible, I know very little about Katanas but some of the legends of single stroke kills or beheadings sound like western sword "blessed blade" legends or myths, I've seen executioners beheading swords in museams and they are different, larger, heavier swords to regular swords or broadswords or even cavalry swords in order to make the cut possible, virtually with the weight of an axe.

The actual sword which is meant to be the best infantry weapon is the Roman soldier's short sword because it is a stabbing weapon as opposed to one which works with killing or maiming strokes or its edge.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The Adventures of Robin Hood (the old one with Errol Flynn) - Robin Hood and Guy of Gisborne

A couple from the Princess Bride; Inigo Montoya and Wesley, and Inigo Montoya and uh...the guy with six fingers...what was his name?

To be honest, it would be easier for me to name "guys waving swords" films that I love, rather than specific swordfight scenes. Gladiator, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings would be a few.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Sniffles

Classic
    [youtube="QEacXeAbHpQ"]Cyrano de Bergerac swordfight[/youtube]
    Yeah, apparently they made a colorized version of this.

I think the recent one in that movie Troy was good (between Achilles and Hector). Some of the moves were taken from middle ages era documents, but it's one of the few movies I've seen that displays how much prowess there is (with shields) in western martial arts. Most movies just use shields for guarding. The movie itself is kind of weak though.

MBTI
    INTJ

relevant:

Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.