• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor: South Pacific

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
You know, I'm surprised to say this because I hated him at first.... but I legitimately want to see Cochran win.

How cool would it be if he never won a challenge, and no one voted him out because they didn't see him as a threat for individual immunity... And he actually made it to the end. I'm rooting for the pipsqueak.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I don't mean to be the cynical godless heathen here.... But if I were a Christian I'm not so sure I would believe that God gives 2 shits about the Survivor immunity challenges. "Dear Lord, grant us this win and we will bow on our knees and give you the praise."??? You've got to be shitting me. If I were God, I would tell Coach to go fuck himself. "There are starving children in 3rd world countries and you want me to do what? Fuck off."

Also, good on Ozzy for stepping under the knife. Cochran didn't have a chance at redemption. Its a smarter strategy to send Ozzy, albeit risky as shit. Either way - I think the chick at Redemption is so pissed at her old tribe that she will join with Cochran and Co anyway.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
If I were God, I would tell Coach to go fuck himself

Hell, you don't need to be God to do that. I'm sure plenty of mere mortals would jump at the chance. Coach is a weasel of the worst sort. I found his little bout of "I'm not worthy" stomping around in the little lagoon just creepy. It also looked incredibly staged. The whole "group prayer / God is on *our* side" thing was just... ugh. Worst of all was that after they won the challenge, Coach basically ordered the whole team to their knees, going so far as to grab Edna, (I think it was Edna) by the upper arm in the bad-cliche domestic abuser grip and dragging her into the "prayer circle". The whole scene made me cringe.

I've never been a big Ozzy fan, but his whole "volunteer to be voted out" thing wasn't completely without sense. Aside from the fact that it's been blatantly obvious that Christine despises her old tribe and would jump at the chance to stab them in the back, it's hard to tell how much actual knowledge they get at the redemption duels. If Ozzy thinks that they have a better chance of going into the merge even if he goes to the duel and wins, and thinks he can win (I'm not so sure... but I bet he is), he's the one with the most to gain. After all, he's the #1 target if his tribe is down in numbers. So even if he loses the challenge and goes out... being in the minority alliance after a merge would almost guarantee that he'd be out soon anyway. He's got the most to gain and the least to lose by taking a risk at this point.

But I'd still love to see bitter-but-tough Christine beat him :p. And while I can't really say that I like Cochran (he's rather fond of using some pretty derogatory terms to describe his fellow players in a really immature attempt at "humor" -- which is pretty telling), part of me wants to see him succeed, as he's definitely the nerdy underdog.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Last episode was definitely good TV. Coach is a total hypocrite praying to God in a group circle asking to find the idol (even after he had it) and naturally shortly there after having "God find the idol for him". It was like a weird simony ritual and even something beyond Uncle Russel's most immoral exploit.

Nevertheless it was good TV.

Ozzy heroism also seemed both an overstep and an illogical tactic. Christine made it clear that she hates her tribe and she would join Ozzy's tribe. Sneaky Cochran is likely to keep the idol and flip tribes if the the plan is successfully. Why the certainty that there will be a merger and setting up Ozzy's team for another loss and short their best player (Ozzy) and keeping their worst (Cochran) thus the likely scenario of ensuring Ozzy's team another loss.

Nevertheless it was good TV.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Last episode had a nice superhero player (Ozzy) as well as a Revenge of the Nerds theme.

Really think that if Cochran was going to do his turncoating that he should have gone all out.

Its like this con artist I new who used to say "If you are going to burn someone, burn them hard." In other words he should either have kept loyal or have gone all out and have kept the idol for himself.

Jim calling Cochran a coward was a waste of breath and incorrect. It took some guts for Cochran to make that bold move. Traitor or turncoat would be much more appropriate than coward.

Nevertheless it cant be helped that Cochran is now somewhat a pariah for being the a turncoat in two apparently tight tribes (especially after Ozzy's outrageous effort to maintain tribe equilibrium). A lot of the people he burned on his tribe will not give him their vote (at the final) and he has a target on his back. In that case, if I were Coach or another on Coach's alliance I would make it a point in protecting Cochran and take him to the final vote.

Future prediction Cochran will do another flip flop.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Jim was a good player but they all underestimated Cochran. Russell is such a little weasel/twofaced/spinner. When he thinks his group is with Dawn he roots her on. When it later becomes clear she is next on the hit list he contrives bad intentions against her because "it was hard watching rest of the tribe eat" while she starved and attempted to win a challenge. The mudslinging at that point is superfluous and shows Russell to the peasant he is.

Cochran is a weasel too, but he is more of a amusing gentleman Machiavellian weasel

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm assuming by "Russell" you mean his nephew? I disliked that he was acting like Ozzy/Jim were going to beat up Cochran. Realistically on those reality shows... If you touch another contestant, you get in all kinds of trouble. Every reality show has that built into the contract. No one was going to touch Cochran.

I still love Cochran. I want him to win.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm assuming by "Russell" you mean his nephew? I disliked that he was acting like Ozzy/Jim were going to beat up Cochran. Realistically on those reality shows... If you touch another contestant, you get in all kinds of trouble. Every reality show has that built into the contract. No one was going to touch Cochran.

Oh yeah I mean Brandon (Lil' Hantz). I think the reason why he gets on my nerve is that I have seen people like that irl and it seems contrary to my core values. That being said he is not so annoying that he isn't still interesting to watch. (As long as the whole show doesn't totally orbit around him and his peccadillos)

I tend to favor the underdog (if the chance to win isn't unreasonable). Although not the sharpest tool in the shed, I am going to root for redemption island Ozzy. After that I will root for the flawed but interesting fellow veteran Coach.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

I do too, but on the other hand I likely see more of myself in him than in the others. A lot of those folks aren't so thoughtful.

Jim's whole "let's make an example of the disloyal" nonsense seemed in contrast to his "I plays to win" attitude earlier on. Frankly Cochran probably made the best move he could by switching up. The other play I could have seen: acting like he's going full on to Coach's side, letting slip that they're playing the idol for Whitney, and then coming back around and telling Ozzy to play it for Keith or Jim instead. That'd give them Dawn, Cochran, Ozzy, Whitney, and one other as a safe bet.

But considering that they've considered him bottom the barrel and barely even attempted to hide that fact, it makes sense Cochran go with the people who treat him right for the long haul. Still, I would've loved to see Cochran go not double but triple agent and falsely tell them Ozzy was playing immunity for someone he wasn't playing it for. At least the network wouldn't have painted the guy such a villain (unfairly, IMO). And he might have garnered less ill-will if he manages to make it to the final three.

I'm eternally brain over brawn, but I'd love to see him win. Still, I think it's more likely he gets dragged along to the end but only pulls up a second or third place.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I do too, but on the other hand I likely see more of myself in him than in the others. A lot of those folks aren't so thoughtful.

Jim's whole "let's make an example of the disloyal" nonsense seemed in contrast to his "I plays to win" attitude earlier on. Frankly Cochran probably made the best move he could by switching up. The other play I could have seen: acting like he's going full on to Coach's side, letting slip that they're playing the idol for Whitney, and then coming back around and telling Ozzy to play it for Keith or Jim instead. That'd give them Dawn, Cochran, Ozzy, Whitney, and one other as a safe bet.

But considering that they've considered him bottom the barrel and barely even attempted to hide that fact, it makes sense Cochran go with the people who treat him right for the long haul. Still, I would've loved to see Cochran go not double but triple agent and falsely tell them Ozzy was playing immunity for someone he wasn't playing it for. At least the network wouldn't have painted the guy such a villain (unfairly, IMO). And he might have garnered less ill-will if he manages to make it to the final three.

I'm eternally brain over brawn, but I'd love to see him win. Still, I think it's more likely he gets dragged along to the end but only pulls up a second or third place.

It was a bold move devastating move but one which will only get him to the final three at best. That being said playing for second is not a bad strategy the money is decent and when you expose yourself as a pariah early enough on it makes masterminds wanting to carry you until the end (e.g. Agent Phil from last season)

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm still rooting for Coach, despite his religious-cult-like antics from a few episodes back. Maybe Sophie. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders, and it would be cool to see her win.

Not Cochran. He just annoys me now. Knowing he was from Harvard Law totally caused me to overestimate him, and sadly he's not living up to the expectations. The way he presents himself make it seem like he wants to be bullied, and it just makes me shake my head. An example being not wanting to go swimming without his shirt early on. He said something like, "I can't compare to these beach bodies, etc. etc." Dude, it's survivor! Worse-looking people have taken off their shirt! Stop ostracizing yourself. He creates this victim complex on his own, and he can't blame anyone when they fall into it and use him as a punching bag. Yet that seems to be one of the things he focuses most on, who is being nice to him and who is being mean.

I can't wait until they start showing more from Rick. I'm curious to see what he's all about.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I really think Ozzy is in the best position at "winning" the game.

Winning all of the Redemption Island challenges is tough but he is extremely strong physical challenger.

The point is if he does win it will be "hands down". Because he was on great terms with his tribe and the remaining tribe will have to do some blindsiding or other votes that leave sore feelings.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Now is were things get interesting. The "integrity" 5 is now down to every person for themselves.

Also interesting is the video clips of the Ponderosa of the "traitor" Cochran coming back to live with his original tribe. Its particularly interesting because Cochran can be so unabashedly articulate and a mater-of-fact.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I still love Cochran.

At this point, it's smart to keep Brandon around. Who the fuck is going to give that crackhead the million? I feel like if I were Coach or Sophie - I would want to go to the finals with Albert and Brandon now. Albert is a lazy fuck who hasn't done anything of value, and Brandon is crazy. Also... Rick? Who is Rick? That guy has been a ghost all game. It's like he barely exists.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
. Also... Rick? Who is Rick? That guy has been a ghost all game. It's like he barely exists.

Lol. Rick got almost zero air-time. It would be rather obscure if Rick won. (I highly doubt if he won they would have edited the show as they had.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I thought it was particularly interesting to see Brandon's dad come on the show and tell Brandon to forget about god and go for the million. It actually bothered me. Brandon wormed his way into my heart after a few episodes - he isn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, to be sure, but he has said some things I really agree with. I like how he speaks his mind whether or not it will be good for him. As anyone can easily see, he is very happy and is at peace with his actions while others are constantly running around like rats. That his dad would come on and try to change him surprised me. Brandon seems to have found something that works for him, and here comes the parent, as always, trying to throw their kid off the tracks. Something similar is going on with me right now.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't think Brandon is at peace or knows what is going on, he seems to be repressing something.... Well, dark maybe. Hard to articulate. He just has issues.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Something about the way he is toward women and the overselling of his faith. If I had to guess, I would say he has done something to, because of, or with a woman that he is having some problems getting over. I think he thinks of himself as a Bad Person (tm).