• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

last.fm

Within

Permabanned
Who uses it, why do you use it?

Personal curiosity aside, I think that it's great for new discoveries, and I am eager to check out other peoples preferences and comparing them to myself.

Since the only action the TypoC group get over there is the occasional tumbleweed I thought that I would turn the scope here instead.

Here's my page: http://www.lastfm.se/user/Within_

Feel free to post your own.

2jbrw5j.gif

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I use it to search for new music that I might like. I'd share my page with you but my profile shows my real name which I don't want to divulge here.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I have one of those, but I refuse to post it. I've got about 1,500+ artists and I use it to discover new music and to remember all the tunes I've listened to.

There was a thread about Last.FM a while back.

Anyway, Falcarius' Last.FM
And you didn't have the common decency to link it? What a douche.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
I have one of those, but I refuse to post it. I've got about 1,500+ artists and I use it to discover new music and to remember all the tunes I've listened to.

And you didn't have the common decency to link it? What a douche.

Falcarius has better things to do at midnight than search for a thread which it is logical to assume existed, considering this forum has it's own group on there, of which did happen to exist. Also, since Falcarius did not create the thread he does not have the duty to check if there is already a thread or and two. :doh:

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I had last.fm on my laptop for a long time, but I only paid attention to it for a short period of time. I think I also have it on my iPhone, but I don't use it.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Ooooh. I deleted my last.fm about two days ago.

Now I kind of regret it.

The thing was, I didn't have an ipod, so I ended up not bothering to scrobble a whole lot of music.

bunnyhighbrow

MBTI Type
INxP
Does anyone use spotify? I've had the pay option for about a year..

the main thing it doesn't have are social or analytical tools... and the discovery part is not quite up to scrobbling i hear. But i've still gotten into quite a few different areas of music because of it.

I'm trying out last.fm now.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://www.last.fm/user/stigmataxx

Started using it because of general word of mouth and because of the minimal configuration needed while it runs quietly in the background, but kept using it because I've actually received lots of good music recommendations from it.

The thing was, I didn't have an ipod, so I ended up not bothering to scrobble a whole lot of music.

Hmm. I've never used it to scrobble from my ipod; I've just always had it scan foobar & winamp.