First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

More attractive to many females.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    why does a man have to look discreet but a woman can look bold and attention grabbing?
    It's not about what a "man should be" for me, it's simply what I find attractive. Other things I find unattractive that aren't related to manliness: bleached hair, spiky gel hair, fake (or tanning-bed) tan, pants falling down to knees, sideways baseball caps.

I don't find excessive jewelery attractive on women either for that matter, just not to the same degree.

Again, just my own opinion, blah blah blah. You're gay anyway so your target audience isn't women, so what do you care? Maybe gay men find it more attractive, I have no idea.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    why does a man have to look discreet but a woman can look bold and attention grabbing?
    This is due to gender roles in our culture, in which females mimic the bright colors, shiny things, et al, of some animals in nature in order to attract a mate.

It's not biologically inherent, though, because in some tribal cultures it is the men who wear make-up or whatever to win the admiration of the women.

It's just sexual gender roles in our culture...the reason why women traditionally wear make-up is because it mimics arousal, and there's that whole thing about how high heels make your butt stick out, as Victor will be happy to remind you.

I think it's related to the fact that men are supposed to be tough and due practical things physically, and a lot of jewelry could be an impediment to being able to pull that off.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    It's not about what a "man should be" for me, it's simply what I find attractive. Other things I find unattractive that aren't related to manliness: bleached hair, spiky gel hair, fake (or tanning-bed) tan, pants falling down to knees, sideways baseball caps.

I don't find excessive jewelery attractive on women either for that matter, just not to the same degree.

Again, just my own opinion, blah blah blah. You're gay anyway so your target audience isn't women, so what do you care? Maybe gay men find it more attractive, I have no idea.
    this isn't about attraction. personally, I'm not attracted to lots of jewelry, but I think jewelry can make people look more beautiful and attention grabbing (I am of course speaking about men's jewelry and not men wearing women's jewelry. that's weird)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Elfboy why won't you just describe the sort of jewelry you wear or show us a picture?

This all seems very strange to me that anyone would think it's so taboo unless it's more like cross-dressing.
    stuff like this:

ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

You are pimpin'.

If you fell into the ocean, sharks would swarm you, thinking you were schools of fish
    Frankly, it doesn't seem tooooo bad.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

tons of guys wear stuff like the first three necklaces without many second looks. I think those rings are really tacky (well mostly the bottom one is god-awful, the other one's just tacky if it's a non-wedding ring) but I'm not the ultimate guide of style or taste, or a lover of jewelery at all, so ymmv.

Are you getting shit for wearing necklaces like that? Do you live in a very conservative area or something?
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    You are pimpin'.

If you fell into the ocean, sharks would swarm you, thinking you were schools of fish
    Frankly, it doesn't seem tooooo bad.
    I don't own any of this stuff btw lol
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I assumed as much. The pictures gave that away

But assuming it is stuff like that, I stand by my statement.

Btw, do gay men find that sort of stuff attractive?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    tons of guys wear stuff like the first three necklaces without many second looks. I think those rings are really tacky (well mostly the bottom one is god-awful, the other one's just tacky if it's a non-wedding ring) but I'm not the ultimate guide of style or taste, or a lover of jewelery at all, so ymmv.

Are you getting shit for wearing necklaces like that? Do you live in a very conservative area or something?
    I get shit for wearing an abercrombie necklace and wearing dress shirts with 2 buttons undone. it has nothing to do with being gay as much as people seem to think it's wrong to show any kind of sexuality as a man (I hate Kansas) they don't say anything to my face because they know I could verbally bitch slap them but I get looks a lot, and I don't think the way I dress even looks gay at all
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!