• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Post your three favorite albums.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love a good album. I hate when you hear a great song by a new artist, excitedly find the album it's on and then discover that every song on it sounds pretty much the same. A bad album can ruin a song for me. Right now my favorite albums are:

1. Hunky Dory -David Bowie. I never get tired of this, I've probably listened to this once a week for the last year.
2. Talking Book - Stevie Wonder. He helped me unlock my inner sap. I just love the way Stevie honestly expresses himself.
3. Blonde on Blonde - Bob Dylan. It's Bob Dylan, I gave my daughter a middle name based off a track.

Honorable mention goes to "The Beatles" (The White Album), it's a mess and I love it.

wolfy

awsm
Three that I wore out early on were...

AC/DC High Voltage
Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin II
Black Sabbath Black Sabbath

uncommonentity

Cobra Skulls - American Rubicon
cobraskulls.jpg

Dead To Me - Cuban Ballerina
715cf.jpg

The Movielife - Forty Hour Train Back to Penn
512ackrevblsl500aa300.jpg

Honorable Mention: Piebald - We Are The Only Friends That We Have
445294.jpg

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. Achtung Baby, U2
2. Exile On Main Street, The Rolling Stones
3. Appetite For Destruction, Guns N' Roses

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate questions like this because I like such a wide variety of music and get bored if I even have to listen to the same genre every day, let alone the same album, but I suppose if I was stranded on a desert island and was FORCED to only listen to three albums they would be:

1) The Very Best of Jackson Browne
2) History: America's Greatest Hits
3) Best of 1980-1990 Vol.1

Yeah compilation/greatest hits albums might be "cheating" but I'll be goddamned if I listen to Under the Pink by Tori Amos on repeat for an indefinite period of of time, although I think cohesively as an entire album it's great, just like Pink Floyd: The Wall and The Kills' Midnight Boom.

If I didn't narrow it down to a desert island, it would be my top 30 favorite albums, not top 3.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
1) Kate Bush "Hounds of Love"
2) Belly "King"
3) some random forgotten Disney kids tape I listened to when I was 3 or 4 OR

My musical 'favorites' are mostly frozen in puberty. What can I say? My current taste in music, as in what I listen to on Pandora and on the radio etc. is so different though I still love rock/pop etc.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
OK Computer - Radiohead
On the Beach - Neil Young
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

EDIT: Totally forgot Pink Floyd. This grievous mistake has been amended

Last edited:

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I can't believe you guys can narrow it down to three. Seriously, I'm not even going to attempt it as it'd take far too long to decide.

Nicodemus

Three...

- Van Morrison: Saint Dominic's Preview (1972)
- Keith Jarrett: The Köln Concert (1975)
- Two Gallants: What The Toll Tells (2006)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wu-tang clan: enter the wu-tang (36 chambers)
notorious b.i.g. : ready to die
amy winehouse: back to black

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
This list varies from day to day, but right now I might go with:

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

41H62046AHL._AA160_.jpg

Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister

418EHGF430L._AA115_.jpg

Sleater-Kinney - Call the Doctor

21KGKDFNPZL._AA115_.jpg

1. Achtung Baby, U2
2. Exile On Main Street, The Rolling Stones
3. Appetite For Destruction, Guns N' Roses

Those are all great albums (especially Achtung). But personally, I've never understood the hype for Exile On Main Street. I love the Stones, but I don't think that's one of their stronger albums. Personally, I'd go with Some Girls or Let It Bleed. I know I'm in the minority on this.
:shrug:*

* May I use this opportunity to plead for a <shrug> icon that expresses ambivalence rather than confusion/uncertainty/fear? This one seems redundant with the <unsure> icon :unsure:.

KDude

Misfits-Collection I (if that can even be considered an album)
Jane's Addiction-Ritual
Black Sabbath Vol 4

Not sure about favorites really, but they've stuck with me a long time.

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I'll just go with what I listen to the most at the moment:

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
The Stooges - Raw Power

Some honorable mentions:

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
The Birthday Party - Prayers On Fire
The Residents - God In Three Persons
David Bowie - Low
David Bowie - The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And the Spiders From Mars
Can - Ege Bamyasi
Einstürzende Neubauten - Kollaps
Nick Drake - Pink Moon
Radiohead - Ok Computer
Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park
Talking Heads - Remain In Light
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground & Nico
Sigur Rós - ( )
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Of course, there are lots I haven't mentioned, but listing them all would take forevever, and I think you can get a pretty good grip of my tastes from that list. :laugh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weezer's Pinkerton, The Fratelli's Costello Music, and it's a tossup for the Third. Maybe the Eels or Nirvana or Modest Mouse "Good news for people who love bad news" or Sublime self titled.

H

Hate

wu-tang clan: enter the wu-tang (36 chambers)
notorious b.i.g. : ready to die
amy winehouse: back to black

In the high school I ended up graduating from, they did this thing where if you take a picture for the yearbook, you get to put a quote next to your name. So I decided to take a picture just so I could put a quote. My quote was, "Cash rules everything around me" - Wu tang. haha. I guess it's easy to tell what my priorities were back then.

G

Ginkgo

1. TOOL - 10,000 Days
2. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
3. Iron and Wine - The Shephards Dog

H

Hate

I'll just go with what I listen to the most at the moment:

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
The Stooges - Raw Power

Some honorable mentions:

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
The Birthday Party - Prayers On Fire
The Residents - God In Three Persons
David Bowie - Low
David Bowie - The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And the Spiders From Mars
Can - Ege Bamyasi
Einstürzende Neubauten - Kollaps
Nick Drake - Pink Moon
Radiohead - Ok Computer
Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park
Talking Heads - Remain In Light
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground & Nico
Sigur Rós - ( )
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Of course, there are lots I haven't mentioned, but listing them all would take forevever, and I think you can get a pretty good grip of my tastes from that list. :laugh:

Now just who in the hell do you think you are listing 17 honorable mentions? Do you think that the thread rules don't apply to you? Do you think you're just that much cooler than everyone else that you're above the rules?

Uncommonentity listed one honorable mention, which is acceptable because OP set the bar on that.

Marmie Dearest stated, "If I didn't narrow it down to a desert island, it would be my top 30 favorite albums, not top 3." But she didn't list 27 extra albums, did she? She mustered up the strength to list only THREE.

Catbert stated, "Seriously, I'm not even going to attempt it as it'd take far too long to decide." He didn't even attempt to do this due to time constraints... And he also has enough respect not to list 20 albums.

All of these people did what they did because they have RESPECT.. But you, cretin, seem to think that you're better than everyone else and that the thread rules don't apply to you. The thread title doesn't say "Post your three favorite albums with 17 honorable mentions" now, does it? This is inexcusable. You are a cheat. You disgust me.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Foo Fighters are both bands that seem to create music outside of their comfort zone.. I tend to find many albums 'sound' like all the same song.. whether I like that tune or not. :laugh: But I seem to always be surprised by these two.

Goo Goo Dolls - Greatest Hits album. It contains a little bit of all their flavors over the years.