MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SingSmileShine View Post
    Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd
    Nevermind, Nirvana
    Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd

Yes, I'm aware that these three albums are among the most popular albums for the bands. Yes, I'm also aware that they are the best. (:
    No joke, I clicked on this thread just now to say I was considering bumping one of my original choices for Wish You Were Here. It gives me the chills. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Double post, again again.

SingSmileShine

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    No joke, I clicked on this thread just now to say I was considering bumping one of my original choices for Wish You Were Here. It gives me the chills. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
    You're not wrong! Lovely choices. (:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

In order of chronological personal discovery, my most loved albums:

Massive Attack Blue Lines (1991) (love this album so much. the album of the 90s)

Nirvana - Unplugged in New York (1993) (probably not their best, but it was the first I listened to and made me understand Nirvana are not just noise, but actually a band with an emotion at their core)

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995) (again, probably objectively not their best, but it was the first I listened to and I learn how to play the guitar from this album)

dEUS - Worst Case Scenario (1994) (another album that I listened to on repeat and defined my teenage years)

Belle and Sebastian - Tigermilk (1996) (such a sweet album, used to play it with my friends all the time)

Portishead - Dummy 1994) (this album changed the whole listening experience. Stopped listening only to rock and started listening to electronic/drum&bass and also to "world" music. it made me open up and become the whole music lover that i am now)

Jeff Buckley - Sketches for my sweetheart the Drunk (1997) (it was my first Buckley album, so it's closer to my heart)

Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation Of (1998) (such a fierce album from a woman. one the first albums that I remember by a woman artist. Very empowering)

Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun (1999) (I had just broken up with my bf and I listened to that and stopped crying in a sec. I still "use" that album now when I'm feeling agitated/anxious

John Coltrane - Trane's Blues (1999) (again, not the "official" best, but I listened to this album so many many times, i probably know every little note by heart)

Lhasa - The Living Road 2003) (again, not necessarily the best in an objective way, but it was the first i listened to so it's closer to my heart)

Ani DiFranco - Living in Clip (1997) (love this woman so much, this was a hard pick, but its her most genuine one)

Joni Mitchell - Blue (1971) (a more recent - last 10 years - discovery, but one of the albums that most resonates with me for its lyrics and emotion)

Thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.
    you can arrest me. i shall suffer the consequences for choosing not to abide to the rules.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

S.C.I.E.N.C.E-Incubus
    Hatebreeder-Children of Bodom
    Under the Table and Dreaming-Dave Matthews Band

Each of these albums are sort of the seeds for how my music grew and eventually evolved.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I have so many favourites that its impossible to choose 3, so ill just give one, because its been one of my favourites for the longest(since 96, when i was 10):

Best metal album ever made

" Screaming For more justice
    Amazonia burns
    Can you hear them ?

I'll fight To save another day
    So join us
    And we'll make them leave this land

Threatening To kill how we feel (but) if we stop them it'll be worth dying for

When you go down !!! When you go down motherfucker ! When you go down !!! When you go down fighting !!"
    ------
    "I Believe in our fate
    We don't need to fake
    It's all we wanna be
    Watch me freeeaaak !!

I say
    We're growing every day
    Getting stronger in every way
    I'll take you to a place
    Where we shall find our

Rain Bring me the strength
    Is breeding me this way
    To get to another day and all I want to see
    Set us free

Why Can't you see
    Can't you feel
    This is real Ahhh

I pray
    We don't need to change
    Our ways to be saved
    That all we wanna be
    Watch us freak"
    ----
    " 1964
    Coup d'etat
    Military force
    Hundreds dead

Why did they disappear ?
    Dictatorshit
    Why did they disappear ?
    Dictatorshit ...

Spirit still alive
    We still hear the cry
    From the one that survived !!

Why did they disappear ?
    Dictatorshit
    Why did they disappear ?
    Dictatorshit"
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Blood sugar sex magik- red hot chili peppers
    Renegades- rage against the machine
    Highway 61 revisited- bob dylan
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

i don't think there is any single album where i would like all the songs without exception, but these are among the ones that come closest:

Jimi Hendrix Experience "Are you experienced?"
    Pink Floyd "Piper at the gates of dawn"
    Radiohead "OK computer"

each of them has a strong personal significance - the music represents some of the most intense feelings i have had during certain periods of my life, or even those periods themselves, perhaps.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb