• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not too far into it yet, but if the Stormcloaks achieve their goal, wouldn't Skyrim get fucked up by the Thalmor once the Empire is out? So far they seem like a silly bunch of fascist Nords.

KDude

I'm not too far into it yet, but if the Stormcloaks achieve their goal, wouldn't Skyrim get fucked up by the Thalmor once the Empire is out? So far they seem like a silly bunch of fascist Nords.

Heh yeah, I'm having second thoughts now. I haven't completed any of their missions yet... kind of seems like I'll be digging myself in a hole with a bunch of xenophobes.

Stormcloack himself doesn't quite seem like one of them though.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

But the empire is basically the puppet of the Thalmor anyway.

KDude

Ysolda's on my list too. I'm holding out though.

Maybe I'll bring the Bard Sven around, get him killed, then steal his girlfriend.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Before release:
WomanPrayingCrop+%25281%2529.jpg

A few hours in:
23icsb8.jpg

Now:
too-much-want1.jpg

;D

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heh yeah, I'm having second thoughts now. I haven't completed any of their missions yet... kind of seems like I'll be digging myself in a hole with a bunch of xenophobes.

I went to Windhelm to deliver an axe. Found a little scene where a Dark Elf was being tested with, said that if you weren't a Nord in this city, be prepared to be mocked, etc. I was like.... :shock:

I will probably start another character to side with the Stormcloaks, just to see their perspective.

But the empire is basically the puppet of the Thalmor anyway.

Talos ;)

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Before release:
WomanPrayingCrop+%25281%2529.jpg

A few hours in:
23icsb8.jpg

Now:
too-much-want1.jpg

;D

EXACTLY my experience!

As for the Empire versus the Stormcloaks, I haven't yet made a decision between them, though I left with the Stormcloak guy for role-playing purposes (who the hell would choose to leave with one of the people about to execute them them, regardless of political leanings!?). I'm still waiting to determine which faction is the slightly less dark shade of gray for my current character....I'll play the other side with my 'magnificent bastard' character.

A

Anew Leaf

drat. i just realized this was released on xbox as well as pc... (my pc is purposely lacking anything new so that i don't escape into video games like i used to.... but if it's on xbox...... gah! >_<)

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Just got Skyrim.

I'm rolling a stealthy Khajit thief. It's my favorite type of character. I'm surprised that bows actually seem useful so far.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I spend way too much of my time doing frivolous things. I've already got 3 words of power and 0 dragon souls.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
My little brother just got Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim. Holy shit my holidays are going to be consumed big time by nerdism.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want this. I'd consider buying an XBox just to get this game.

G

Ginkgo

TALOS SAVE US.

G

Ginkgo

I thought it was slow at first, but once I got in those Nord ruins, I equipped a greatsword and liked it. I'm killing things pretty fast. It feels realistic actually. It'll drop the average minion in one or two hits.

I had a lot of false starts and at first just followed that Imperial guard in the intro. This playthrough I followed the Stormcloak guy. I wonder if this makes a significant difference as time goes on.

I know you can be a Nord and still follow Imperials. I guess it comes down to whether or not you revere Talos.

Haha I didn't even know you could choose. I was too busy trying to figure out whether I should be honored or disgusted by having Alduin the World-Eater take a dire dragon dump on my head.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm playing it too (pc version) at master difficulty as an archer. I first played at normal difficulty but when I was three shotting dragons I got tired of the game, master difficulty keeps me interested, I actually have to sneak through places because some traps or monsters can just onehit me. :p Also, my enchanting skill is low, haven't bothered yet, even though it's super imbalanced. (seriously, high enchanting and +damage on ring/amu and gear, and it's just too simple. :p )

It's not that hard once your sneak level gets decent though at master difficulty. I have little problems with any type of monster except fire breathing dragons, but I just brought down my first ancient dragon (a fire breather at that too!), that was an imba fight, one hit and I'd die. Thank you little bridge in the middle of nowhere. :p

I'm level 29 now on my archer.