User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    Far better than Oblivion. It practically looks like a generation jump.

It's not even a slight difference. It's a massive difference.

Take a look here, to see for yourself: http://www.gamezone.com/editorials/t...on-to-oblivion

All pre-release footage was from Xbox gameplay, so that should give you an idea as well.
    Yeah, I think I should change my opinion. I kind of forgot how Oblivion looks tbh.

Maybe I'm just making the comparison because they have a similar design/art style.

--

So am I the only who was tempted to recreate the Nord in the trailers? My dude is blonde with warpaint, but he's basically the same concept. I've been wanting to create a Norse hero in a game for a long time, but few have given me the opportunity like this.

So far though, I'm undecided on twohanded or sword and shield.

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Yeah, I think I should change my opinion. I kind of forgot how Oblivion looks tbh.
    Yeah, I didn't realise just how huge a leap it was myself until I went back and played it just getting into Skyrim.

Them faces... oh god...

So am I the only who was tempted to recreate the Nord in the trailers? My dude is blonde with warpaint, but he's basically the same dude.
    Female high elf archer here, I'm afraid!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

So am I the only who was tempted to recreate the Nord in the trailers? My dude is blonde with warpaint, but he's basically the same concept. I've been wanting to create a Norse hero in a game for a long time, but few have given me the opportunity like this.

So far though, I'm undecided on twohanded or sword and shield.
    To bad, I sort of just went with Imperial, probably could of played as a Nord if I wanted to. Went with sword and shield like I always do. 2H feels too slow for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    To bad, I sort of just went with Imperial, probably could of played as a Nord if I wanted to. Went with sword and shield like I always do. 2H feels too slow for me.
    I thought it was slow at first, but once I got in those Nord ruins, I equipped a greatsword and liked it. I'm killing things pretty fast. It feels realistic actually. It'll drop the average minion in one or two hits.

I had a lot of false starts and at first just followed that Imperial guard in the intro. This playthrough I followed the Stormcloak guy. I wonder if this makes a significant difference as time goes on.

I know you can be a Nord and still follow Imperials. I guess it comes down to whether or not you revere Talos.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I'm an imperial too. In my first file, I was a Breton, but I became dissatisfied with how I was doing (like I often do in RPGs), so I created a new data (Khajiit, actually, but again, I didn't like how I was doing), and then I chose imperial just to see what the soldier at Helgen would say as your race-specific thing, and I decided to keep playing as that character. I also go with sword and shield (as my Breton, though, I dual-wielded magic and it was awesome - but very inaccurate and I often ended up hitting guards or other friendly npcs, causing my dissatisfaction with the file).

I had a lot of false starts and at first just followed that Imperial guard in the intro. This playthrough I followed the Stormcloak guy. I wonder if this makes a significant difference as time goes on..
    I don't think it does. I'm pretty sure the main story doesn't change at all (ever), and I'm pretty sure you can always join either the Imperial Legion or the Stormcloaks.

Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    I don't think it does. I'm pretty sure the main story doesn't change at all (ever), and I'm pretty sure you can always join either the Imperial Legion or the Stormcloaks.
    As long as you don't pick a side, it shouldn't affect the main storyline.

However, if you are doing the Civil War Quests, like me, it DOES effect the main storyline. At least, from what I have been reading.

I'm slowly taking sides, but not quite yet. Just started helping some Greymanes, but not Stormcloaks.

Also, my companion Lydia is hot. Why can't I marry her? I don't even want to take her anywhere now, to prevent her from dying. lol

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    BioWare's done Dragon Age, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, the Mass Effect games, as well as Baldur's Gate, etc.
    *mock horrified gasp* How can you forget Neverwinter Nights and its DLCs?

I don't think the games that the 2 companies produce are directly comparable at all. While Bioware games do have more replayability than most RPGs, it is not as massively free-form as the Elder Scroll series. I prefer Bioware but that is mostly due to my days of playing AD&D and reading Forgotten Realms stuff in my youth.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

I've always been a critic of Bethesda, but this game is the shit. It doesn't sacrifice the strength of the previous games, but they've done a better job at telling a story here. Maybe that's Fallout's influence. The Protagonist (you) matters more than just the sum of your random actions and wanderings. The whole Dragonborn thing is cool as hell.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Hahaha, I just got gay married to Ysolda.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness