• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just watched the demo in the OP.

Damn. That's sweet.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Finally got re-stocked in the shop and it runs on my notebook. Goodbye free time :D

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm playing it too (pc version) at master difficulty as an archer. I first played at normal difficulty but when I was three shotting dragons I got tired of the game, master difficulty keeps me interested, I actually have to sneak through places because some traps or monsters can just onehit me. :p Also, my enchanting skill is low, haven't bothered yet, even though it's super imbalanced. (seriously, high enchanting and +damage on ring/amu and gear, and it's just too simple. :p )

It's not that hard once your sneak level gets decent though at master difficulty. I have little problems with any type of monster except fire breathing dragons, but I just brought down my first ancient dragon (a fire breather at that too!), that was an imba fight, one hit and I'd die. Thank you little bridge in the middle of nowhere. :p

I'm level 29 now on my archer.

Sneak is OP in Skyrim. I'm currently at 70 sneak (hooray for the run/walk perk) and I'm practically invisible at mid-range unless I shoot an enemy like 3 times and it lives. You're three shotting dragons as an archer!? Jeez. My archery is at 60 and it takes me forever to kill some of the boss-type monsters I find, even with sneak attack damage bonuses.

EDIT: At 5 words of power with no dragons...God I spend way too much time going out of the way.

I also like how Skyrim isn't as much of a dick as Oblivion was about stealing and pickpocketing. In Oblivion, if you stole something despite being undetected, guards would randomly show up to arrest you. :roll:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My archer is 100 now, and I got about 80% extra damage from enchants on gear, wielding a daedric bow (legendary), and now at master diffuculty I have to shoot bosses about 10 to 20 times or so, some dragons about 30, but with the sneak bonusses and a hiding place and use of the slow time perk, so you can keep doing the sneak attack bonus, I can do it 3 times faster, so stuff dies in 4-7 hits. Dragons see through sneak easy tho, so after one sneak attack bonus hit, it's usually all normal hits and normal crits from the perk after that. So they always take a bit of time.

But at adept diffuculty, it's just laughable. Too easy. :p

Anyway, if you need some dragon souls, if you follow the main quest a little bit, help whiterun kill that dragon and then go to high hrothgar, fetch the item for them, then arngeir at high hrotgar can locate shouts on the map for you and the locations that look like a dragons head icon on the map always have a shout word and a dragon protecting it. ;)

At that point I would personally suggest side tracking the main quest. I just finished the main quest and at even at master difficulty the last boss is a joke though. My toughest fight was my first ancient dragon when I didn't have a shout to cripple him.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh, the main questline is short. I expected more.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
But the empire is basically the puppet of the Thalmor anyway.

Yeah, at this point I'm thinking the Stormcloacks are the least bad option (note however that I haven't played through either the main story or any of the faction quest yet-I prefer to spend dozons of hours exploring and going on side quest, first)...and I was actually leaning towards protecting the Empire when I started the game.

G

Ginkgo

WTF? I just found an ice cliff racer in Southern Skyrim.

Wait; if all skill level ups progress your character's level, then the level cap must be quite high unless the developers scripted one. One thing I don't get is how choosing a race with skill bonuses in some ways neuters your ability to maximize your amount of magicka, health and stamina. It seems assbackwards and leaves one with the impression that when Bethesda first developed their leveling system in Morrowind (the spiritual predecessor of Skyrim) that they overlooked the consequences of that feature.

Hm. I haven't progressed pass level 20, but the level scaling seems fair. Like [MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION] mentioned, a player can tweak the settings for a more satisfying gaming experience given the raw material of the game. Quite lovely.

Overall, the game surpasses both of its predecessors because it draws from the positive aspects of both while still denoting the same "Skyrim" with new worthwhile implementations. However, I've already heard of at least one near game breaking glitch and several other errors that, if caught soon enough, should come to the attention of Bethesda before they dole out updates and patches.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
The nice thing about the PC version is that you'll have the modding community to fall back on. The console version offers no such luck.

G

Ginkgo

The nice thing about the PC version is that you'll have the modding community to fall back on. The console version offers no such luck.

Yeah, but who really wants to buy a gaming computer when you could nab a console for a 150 bucks if you're lucky? I prefer to compartmentalize. Doesn't Microsoft have enough people worshiping them through their various products?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, but who really wants to buy a gaming computer when you could nab a console for a 150 bucks if you're lucky? I prefer to compartmentalize. Doesn't Microsoft have enough people worshiping them through their various products?

Well, the trend of games recently has been showing that the consoles are becoming a bit dated, graphically speaking. I'm not a graphics-whore by any means, but I don't really anticipate the PS3 or the 360 being the "next gen" in the next 3 years because of actual graphics whores. Compare Battlefield 3 on a badass PC vs the PS3 or the 360. Nintendo is already going to release a new console soon; Sony will be releasing the Vita (which looks AWESOME.) Etc. Plus, with a PC you can play most games that have ever existed now through the hacking/mod/emulation communities.

KDude

There was a bard guy in game that sang this, and I thought it was a bad song.. I change my mind.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z9TdDCWN7g&feature=youtube_gdata_player].[/youtube]

KDude

The lyrics are new to this game. But yeah, the basic theme is in all Elder Scrolls games. For Skyrim, one of the designers created a dragon language.. which is what she's singing at the end of the song.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm at level 40, 12 words of power, Thane of Markarth, pretty much have the southwest side of the map completed. Still haven't started the main story, but I have begun the Thieves' Guild quest chain.

...So many people have killed their cousin's cats and have threatened to do the same to me. :cry::cry::cry:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm at level 40, 12 words of power, Thane of Markarth, pretty much have the southwest side of the map completed. Still haven't started the main story, but I have begun the Thieves' Guild quest chain.

...So many people have killed their cousin's cats and have threatened to do the same to me. :cry::cry::cry:

I shouldve played through the game like you do. After I finished the main quest line I kinda lost my appetite to play the game. Now that I know I've done the supposedly most badass and coolest quest in the game, the rest can only dissappoint. :p

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I shouldve played through the game like you do. After I finished the main quest line I kinda lost my appetite to play the game. Now that I know I've done the supposedly most badass and coolest quest in the game, the rest can only dissappoint. :p

I would advise against it. I have yet to actually finish a Bethesda game due to my playstyle (and their bugs...I couldn't fast travel because guards were chasing me in Oblivion, but I paid my bounty and nothing could be done about it. I didn't feel like going through the console to fix it so I said "fuck it.")

Also: At 13 words of power now. :dizzy:

KDude

Quests? :thinking:

The fun of this game is running around wearing low grade fur armor and killing bunnies.