• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

KDude

The witcher 2 > Elder scrolls.

Maybe. It's kind of in the directed RPG category (they're based on novels, I think), so it's a completely different game to me. They're cool though. In Elder Scrolls though, I can make a brutal Orc sociopath and do what I want.. when I want... except kill kids. They're immortal.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Maybe. It's kind of in the directed RPG category (they're based on novels, I think), so it's a completely different game to me. They're cool though. In Elder Scrolls though, I can make a brutal Orc sociopath and do what I want.. when I want... except kill kids. They're immortal.

The scenery is beautiful in skyrim(probably the best I've seen in a videogame) but the witcher 2 has much much better refreshing combat. Plus I'm not walking for an hour outside to get to my next destination. I like fast pace and intense games it's just my preference.

KDude

The scenery is beautiful in skyrim(probably the best I've seen in a videogame) but the witcher 2 has much much better refreshing combat. Plus I'm not walking for an hour outside to get to my next destination. I like fast pace and intense games it's just my preference.

I generally like that too. Not much into FPSs, but action games in general.

As for combat in Skyrim, a lot of it isn't great, but I'd recommend 2handers. Get a big sword or hammer and smash people's faces in. It's amusing. There's a perk at the top level of the tree that makes it more fun.. Great Critical Charge. Most games have charge attacks by holding the button down, but this feels like a real charge.. It's out of control. You have to step back and line things up right. It's fun with tough enemies.

Archery and dual wielding mages (just straight up glass cannon with no health) are pretty fun too.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Anybody else beginning to view the Dragons as essentially big, cool-looking Cliff Racers? Everytime one shows up I have to spend about 5-10 minutes killing something that poses no real danger to me anymore....and in certain towns (including Riverwood, where there's an otherwise convenient vendor with 10000 gold) a new one seems to show up as soon as the corpse of a previous one dissappears.

KDude

I think the more you "fast travel", the likelihood of dragon encounters becomes greater. Not sure why. Perhaps it just wants to compensate for time passed.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made an Imperial assassin and I named her Madonna. She has the blond hair, light blue eyes, wide-base nose and her impenetrable expression.

I have to admit the UI is a bit clunky though. You pause the game, go through your inventory and then use the potion or spell that you want. The favorites hotkey system is too small imo. I think adding shift + click or shift/alt/ctrl <keyboard button here> would solve the problem.

Otherwise it's a nice change. I just think the game lacks the huge bosses that WoW has. I like raid bosses.

I also think the AI in Skyrim sucks. Lydia is stupid. She gets me caught all the time. Stupid.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My character is an Argonian who specializen in two handed weapons and fire magic who is dressed in a sinister necromancer robe with a gangster black mask of doom!

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I occasionally break this game out here and there.
My main is a Lvl 50 51 Wood Elf Archer...sneak and archery are spec'ed to max.

I've infiltrated nearly every dungeon and cave in the game.
I'm probably only midway through the main quest.

Dragonscale armor, bitches. I rock it.