User Tag List

First 123412 Last

I've yet to complete or (really enjoy) any elder scrolls games, but I have this preordered anyways.. Says more about me just being a fan of the genre than anything. I kind of hate a lot of bethesda's design decisions.. I can only hope this will be better.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm gradually getting more and more jazzed for this game. I'm especially happy to see crafting implemented, and I can't wait to see if they did any of it the "Craftybits way" (especially since I've spent 2.5 years working on the mod). Like...can cooking be done in front of you and on the fire? Can I roast meat on a spit?

If not, then my team and I will just work on remaking Craftybits for Skyrim. Maybe the new engine will allow for better scripting and more realistic survival things. Skyrim seems like it would be perfect for that sort of mod with its blisteringly cold weather and very large, edible mammalians.

Anyway, I sooo look forward to making my pickpocketing woodsman.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I don't want to be much of a fanboy, but I'm predicting the only way this game is going to suck is if it lets you get 10-20 hours in and then it corrupts your OS and deletes all your saved games or something.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Amazing 40-minute gameplay

15:50 made me tear up.
    Nah, it's not *All That*.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    I don't want to be much of a fanboy, but I'm predicting the only way this game is going to suck is if it lets you get 10-20 hours in and then it corrupts your OS and deletes all your saved games or something.
    Heh -- the game of the future... complete this quest or "something's really at stake"!

I might give this a shot. I've never played Morrowind or Oblivion, but I've got a friend whose opinion I respect who really enjoyed both of them (and is looking forward to Skyrim). I *did* try Fallout 3 (made by the same team, I believe)... which just completely flat-out bored me. I tried... *really* tried, to enjoy it... but it was just a massive "blah" for me. I'm not a big graphics-hound, but I mean, how many shades of brown and gray were there in Fallout 3?

Rather than the sandbox-style games, I tend to like more story-driven RPG's with companion characters with their own storylines, abilities, and tactical contributions. Heavily influenced by playing great Bioware games like Baldur's Gate, KoToR, Dragon Age, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm in the same boat. I think you'll find a lot falling in the bioware camp vs the bethesda camp. Yet, since this genre's dry as it is, I will throw my money at Bethesda anyways.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I *did* try Fallout 3 (made by the same team, I believe)... which just completely flat-out bored me. I tried... *really* tried, to enjoy it... but it was just a massive "blah" for me. I'm not a big graphics-hound, but I mean, how many shades of brown and gray were there in Fallout 3?
    All possible shades I believe.

Not everyone is into sandbox RPGs, they do take longer to get into. I happen to prefer the variety of gameplay though, compared to more linear RPGs which tend to box you in to particular playing styles.

I'm not saying Skyrim will be a great game, but it will definitely be a good game. Unlike a lot of RPGs that barely make the grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    I'm not saying Skyrim will be a great game, but it will definitely be a good game. Unlike a lot of RPGs that barely make the grade.
    OK, that's true enough. There are so many bad rpgs lately it's not even funny. It actually hurts me to play through 5 minutes of Two Worlds, for example. That game tries to be like a Bethesda game, but it's so bad. At least Bethesda actually does Bethesda well.. even if I don't like it much.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Morrowind was the best Bethesda game, IMHO. It was extensive and had a well-equipped graphics department, yet still left the user relatively free in his wandering. Plus, many of the sub-plots were very well scripted.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yet still left the user relatively free in his wandering.
    Before they invented the magic compass.
    Morrowind was a game you could get lost in!