User Tag List

First 917181920 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    The witcher 2 > Elder scrolls.
    Maybe. It's kind of in the directed RPG category (they're based on novels, I think), so it's a completely different game to me. They're cool though. In Elder Scrolls though, I can make a brutal Orc sociopath and do what I want.. when I want... except kill kids. They're immortal.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    when I want... except kill kids. They're immortal.
    The next of the series antagonists.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Maybe. It's kind of in the directed RPG category (they're based on novels, I think), so it's a completely different game to me. They're cool though. In Elder Scrolls though, I can make a brutal Orc sociopath and do what I want.. when I want... except kill kids. They're immortal.
    The scenery is beautiful in skyrim(probably the best I've seen in a videogame) but the witcher 2 has much much better refreshing combat. Plus I'm not walking for an hour outside to get to my next destination. I like fast pace and intense games it's just my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    The scenery is beautiful in skyrim(probably the best I've seen in a videogame) but the witcher 2 has much much better refreshing combat. Plus I'm not walking for an hour outside to get to my next destination. I like fast pace and intense games it's just my preference.
    I generally like that too. Not much into FPSs, but action games in general.

As for combat in Skyrim, a lot of it isn't great, but I'd recommend 2handers. Get a big sword or hammer and smash people's faces in. It's amusing. There's a perk at the top level of the tree that makes it more fun.. Great Critical Charge. Most games have charge attacks by holding the button down, but this feels like a real charge.. It's out of control. You have to step back and line things up right. It's fun with tough enemies.

Archery and dual wielding mages (just straight up glass cannon with no health) are pretty fun too.

MBTI
    INTP

Anybody else beginning to view the Dragons as essentially big, cool-looking Cliff Racers? Everytime one shows up I have to spend about 5-10 minutes killing something that poses no real danger to me anymore....and in certain towns (including Riverwood, where there's an otherwise convenient vendor with 10000 gold) a new one seems to show up as soon as the corpse of a previous one dissappears.

I think the more you "fast travel", the likelihood of dragon encounters becomes greater. Not sure why. Perhaps it just wants to compensate for time passed.

MBTI
    ISFP

I noticed the fast travel dragon thing as well.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I made an Imperial assassin and I named her Madonna. She has the blond hair, light blue eyes, wide-base nose and her impenetrable expression.

I have to admit the UI is a bit clunky though. You pause the game, go through your inventory and then use the potion or spell that you want. The favorites hotkey system is too small imo. I think adding shift + click or shift/alt/ctrl <keyboard button here> would solve the problem.

Otherwise it's a nice change. I just think the game lacks the huge bosses that WoW has. I like raid bosses.

I also think the AI in Skyrim sucks. Lydia is stupid. She gets me caught all the time. Stupid.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

My character is an Argonian who specializen in two handed weapons and fire magic who is dressed in a sinister necromancer robe with a gangster black mask of doom!

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I occasionally break this game out here and there.
    My main is a Lvl 50 51 Wood Elf Archer...sneak and archery are spec'ed to max.

I've infiltrated nearly every dungeon and cave in the game.
    I'm probably only midway through the main quest.

Dragonscale armor, bitches. I rock it.