User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Of course. In fact I'm playing a character like that right now. But a battle-mage who rations out Health/Stam/Magicka may not have enough magicka to conjure up master level spells on par with a mage by endgame (whenever... or wherever that is, considering the level scaling follows you from one grid on the map to the next).
    I'll take your word for it. I don't know anything about magic.

OTOH though, I've seen complaints here and there that pure mages are difficult or suck.. that they almost feel forced to be hybrid to get by. So maybe they have more to complain about.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'll take your word for it. I don't know anything about magic.

OTOH though, I've seen complaints here and there that pure mages are difficult or suck.. that they almost feel forced to be hybrid to get by. So maybe they have more to complain about.
    That could be part of the problem I mentioned, being a problem in itself, but my roommate is stun-locking mofos left, right, here and over yonder at early 40's with his High Elf Mage. For what that's worth. I haven't surpassed level 30 myself.

The game seems fairly easy compared to Oblivion in later levels. I remember being forced to repair my sharpened daedric longblades mid-battle fighting OP goblin warchiefs in Cyrodiil's dungeons. Such problems are absent in Skyrim.

Yeah, it's kind of easy. I play on Expert though, which gives a good balance. Master is a little too much.

I remember getting instantly owned in Morrowind a lot. That's not cool either.

MBTI
    INTP

I figured that with my character on the Imperial's side, things will change. I mean, I guess any side you pick is probably the right choice in a way.. it depends more on you.

Or so I think.
    Good point, and it remains to be seen how I feel after playing through the main story questline.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    If it wasn't for the Thalmor, I'd side with the Imperial faction (their Jarls and would-be Jarls generally make better, not to mention less racist, administrators); after I heard about Hammerfall's success against the Thalmor, however, I decided that an independent Skyrim has a better chance against the Thalmor than a united Empire that lacks the will to fight.
    That's why I eventually ended up siding with the Stormcloaks. Because of the Thalmor and because of Hammerfell's success against them. I don't like that they're a bunch of racist pricks, but at the same time, I understand their racism as a symptom of an underlying paranoia and fear of all outsiders (kinda like America during WWII with our Internment Camps or the Red Scare in the 50s). I think a new empire of men would probably be best forged through an alliance between Hammerfell and Skyrim.

Mostly, though, it's that the Imperials rolled over and allowed one of their core beliefs to be stomped on by a bunch of self-righteous elves. The Imperials and the Stormcloaks would probably agree that they both loathe the Thalmor, but the Stormcloaks would argue that it was the Imperials that rolled over like a bunch of dogs and shamed their ancestors. Especially given the fact that the mer have no desire for humans to be anything other than second-class, or lower, citizens. While I don't think the Empire at its might was perfect, I don't think the mer were exactly second class citizens. They both seemed to me like they were on equal ground and given equal opportunities.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I am level 58. I have maxed Smithing, Alchemy, Enchanting, Sneak, Pickpocket, Lockpicking, and almost have Archery mastered.

I have unlocked 17 words of power and cannot use a single one of them. I have pickpocketed 40,000 and 1 items.

My armor rating is 590 without a shield. With one, it's 673. If I want to hit bitches for x30 damage, it'll be 636.

I can carry 686 pounds max. If I want to backstab, reduce it to 649.

I can one-shot giants with a shot of my favorite weapon, the Ebony Bow. I can one-shot mammoths with a swipe of my dagger. I have not fought a dragon.

I have over 140k gold.

I am the 1%. Come at me bro.

Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

You're the dragonborn that Skyrim deserves.

Good point, and it remains to be seen how I feel after playing through the main story questline.
    Too bad this stuff doesn't matter much in the long run. Like, some continuation or effects on the world in a sequel. This is something that Mass Effect and Dragon Age do a little better.. and so far, Elder Scrolls hasn't done anything like that.

I have a theory that you'd "resurrect" a new human based power to rival the Thalmor either way, and that you and your allies are all aspects of Talos or something. So either way, it's win-win.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Talos' human name was Talos Stormcrown. "Tullius" and "Stormcloack" sound like both. While you are a dragonborn, just like Talos. Maybe if either Tullius or Ulfric is coupled with your character, you make up some representation of Talos.

MBTI
    INTP

Too bad this stuff doesn't matter much in the long run. Like, some continuation or effects on the world in a sequel. This is something that Mass Effect and Dragon Age do a little better.. and so far, Elder Scrolls hasn't done anything like that.
    Heh. At first it seemed like they were going to do that with Morrowind (a theocratic slave-empire on the brink of supernatural destruction that 'you' helped change for the better)....then they nuked the place. Of course, that might have driven the Argonian invaders out and saved Morrowind as a political entity in the long-term, I'm still unclear on the details and timeline.

On the subject of series irritations, I finally tried to follow up on the Forsworn conspiracy questline, and it was looking very interesting....then I came across a quest-breaking bug and had to go back to a previous save. I guess I'll try again in ten or so gameplay hours....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Heh. At first it seemed like they were going to do that with Morrowind (a theocratic slave-empire on the brink of supernatural destruction that 'you' helped change for the better)....then they nuked the place. Of course, that might have driven the Argonian invaders out and saved Morrowind as a political entity in the long-term, I'm still unclear on the details and timeline.

On the subject of series irritations, I finally tried to follow up on the Forsworn conspiracy questline, and it was looking very interesting....then I came across a quest-breaking bug and had to go back to a previous save. I guess I'll try again in ten or so gameplay hours....
    That sucks. What platform are you playing on? I didn't have any problems on the PC.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;