User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Haha, I always play a non-majority race. So in Morrowind I played a Nord, in Oblivion I played a Dark Elf, and in Skyrim I'm playing a Redguard.

You know what? I was a bit disappointed with the look of the Argonians in this game. Why do they look like ghoulies?

The Redguards actually seem to be the only other race that Nords generally respect (which makes sense, considering their cultural similarities and their equivalent position against the Thalmor and the Empire).

As for the Argonians, its probably because a bunch of people complained that the Oblivion races looked too 'human', which is also probably why we get Dunmer women with neanderthal eyebrows and Altmer women with male-pattern baldness.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    The Redguards actually seem to be the only other race that Nords generally respect (which makes sense, considering their cultural similarities and their equivalent position against the Thalmor and the Empire).
    Yeah, mine doesn't seem to experience any racism. Not even in Windhelm.

As for the Argonians, its probably because a bunch of people complained that the Oblivion races looked too 'human', which is also probably why we get Dunmer women with neanderthal eyebrows and Altmer women with male-pattern baldness.
    Well, they do all generally look better than they did in Oblivion. I spent an hour in character creation trying to de-uglify my dark elf and it didn't work.

Still...the baldness is true.

Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

I guess I'm "partly" playing a minority... I'm Nord, but I ended up siding with Imperials.

Besides being blonde, he looks kind of unique. I gave red facepaint and emerald green eyes, so he kind of looks dragon like. Or at least, he's trying. Heh. I can't screenshot on my console though.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I guess I'm "partly" playing a minority... I'm Nord, but I ended up siding with Imperials.
    If it wasn't for the Thalmor, I'd side with the Imperial faction (their Jarls and would-be Jarls generally make better, not to mention less racist, administrators); after I heard about Hammerfall's success against the Thalmor, however, I decided that an independent Skyrim has a better chance against the Thalmor than a united Empire that lacks the will to fight.

Incidentally, I just wiped out the Nazi elves who had imprisoned the Gray-mane fellow....I wonder if that will have any repercussions?

If it wasn't for the Thalmor, I'd side with the Imperial faction (their Jarls and would-be Jarls generally make better, not to mention less racist, administrators); after I heard about Hammerfall's success against the Thalmor, however, I decided that an independent Skyrim has a better chance against the Thalmor than a united Empire that lacks the will to fight.

Incidentally, I just wiped out the Nazi elves who had imprisoned the Gray-mane fellow....I wonder if that will have any repercussions?
    I figured that with my character on the Imperial's side, things will change. I mean, I guess any side you pick is probably the right choice in a way.. it depends more on you.

Or so I think.

But yeah, like you said, the Jarl's on the imperial side are cooler. Plus, the empire was founded by Nords - might as well not let it fall apart. Also, it helps that I get not only a BSG voice actor, but a Babylon 5 voice actor to boot. j/k What do the Stormcloacks get? Some Russian dude I've never heard of.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I personally

Ginkgo

My education is getting in the way of this game.

Ginkgo

I think the skill perk trees give the player a chance at exploiting the synergy between different skills, but unfortunately hybrid play-styles are hampered by the player's commitment in choosing between Health, Magicka, or Stamina. If your character is to excel, it should specialize into 2 or 3 skills with the corresponding base attribute. But don't let me tell you how to play your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I think the skill perk trees give the player a chance at exploiting the synergy between different skills, but unfortunately hybrid play-styles are hampered by the player's commitment in choosing between Health, Magicka, or Stamina. If your character is to excel, it should specialize into 2 or 3 skills with the corresponding base attribute. But don't let me tell you how to play your game.
    I don't know about that. Warriors make good use of Health/Stam balance. Especially shield users... you don't even need that much health with one, or heavy armor for that matter. Basically the character from the trailer, or a 300 style Warrior. Having more stam for weapon and shield power attacks is good.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't know about that. Warriors make good use of Health/Stam balance. Especially shield users... you don't even need that much health with one, or heavy armor for that matter. Basically the character from the trailer, or a 300 style Warrior. Having more stam for weapon and shield power attacks is good.
    Of course. In fact I'm playing a character like that right now. But a battle-mage who rations out Health/Stam/Magicka may not have enough magicka to conjure up master level spells on par with a mage by endgame (whenever... or wherever that is, considering the level scaling follows you from one grid on the map to the next).