• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

For Writers

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Reminds me of when I was a kid, would invent my own friends/adventure companions, and if they became unruly I'd send them on vacations or missions to get out of my head.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reminds me of when I was a kid, would invent my own friends/adventure companions, and if they became unruly I'd send them on vacations or missions to get out of my head.

I remember having a critter in my closet, but when he secretly moved to the toilet, I took a stinky shit on him and he gassed to death.

True story, I watched the movie critters way too young. :p

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Do you create characters based off of people you know or from your imagination? If from your imagination, how do you do it?
Both. To me, "imagination" is nothing but a remix of memories. Most of the times this happens unconsciously. The character forms into my head, I write a scene or two, I get to know the character better, I write more, I rewrite the first few scenes... And suddenly it occurs to me that our ESTJ main prefers non-fiction to fiction just like my hubby; that a side character has some characteristics of a colleague, etc etc. But it's all mixed and altered out of recognition. There's not a single character in my stories that's "just like this real person".

Simi

MBTI Type
ENFJ
You know, I actually do a combination of both. It actually really depends on the character.
However, I notice when I do it based off of people I tend to not know what to do with the character, I work a lot better when I completely make up the character.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you create characters based off of people you know or from your imagination? If from your imagination, how do you do it?

A combination of things that I know and imagination. You can't start totally from scratch. The imagination part just comes without any effort after writing for a few minutes.