User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 16 of 16

  1. #11
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Everyone likes to hate on remakes

    I'm not sure why

    Then again, The Wicker Man (Nicholas Cage 2006 edition) is one of my favorite films ever...

    Then again, Total Recall was pretty much perfect the first time around...

    I guess

    We'll see

    ...

    Maybe I won't see it

    ...

    nah I will

  2. #12
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    the market is over-saturated with remakes, reboots and rehashes. i know there has to be some talented writers in hollywood who are having their orignal scripts thrown into vaults or bonfires, cause they ain't showing up on screens. like, do we really need another spiderman rehash? didn't sam raimi just finish a fucking trilogy a few years back?
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    the market is over-saturated with remakes, reboots and rehashes. i know there has to be some talented writers in hollywood who are having their orignal scripts thrown into vaults or bonfires, cause they ain't showing up on screens. like, do we really need another spiderman rehash? didn't sam raimi just finish a fucking trilogy a few years back?
    All it takes for that to happen is for people to line up and buy tickets to original movies instead of jizzing all over Transformers 3. Show them they'll make money doing it, and they'll make documentaries about paint drying.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    All it takes for that to happen is for people to line up and buy tickets to original movies instead of jizzing all over Transformers 3. Show them they'll make money doing it, and they'll make documentaries about paint drying.
    That's not quite true. Otherwise we'd have a whole lot more movies about Jesus after Passion of the Christ.

    We'll see if Bridesmaids changes Hollywood's tune about letting women be funny leads.

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Just a few remakes that were better than the originals:

    • Poseidon
    • The Wolfman
    • The Fly
    • The Ring
    • Red Dragon
    • Batman Begins

    But Colin Farrell cannot replace Arnold Schwarzenegger as Quaid/Hauser. Get his ass off of Mars.

    And apparently, the one who played the "Two Weeks" lady is dead. You can't have Total Recall without "Two weeks!"

    And the dude who's directing it, while having directed the best of the Die Hard sequels, along with Underworld, is not exactly in league with Paul Verhoeven.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Just a few remakes that were better than the originals:

    • Red Dragon

Similar Threads

  1. The remake of "Total Recall" opens in exactly...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 03:53 PM
  2. Total Recall: Wisconsin
    By Beargryllz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 06:49 PM
  3. How do you memorize/recall information?
    By FDG in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 10:46 AM
  4. [NF] Any NFs who didn't totally hate math?
    By prplchknz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO