• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dancing!!!

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
yes. :)

what kind do you do, and I don't seem to find an intro thread of yours...

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a dancin fool! Its really the only time I'm uninhibited and comfortable in public.

persse

MBTI Type
?
i love dancing too. it's just ...liberating and makes me feel...goddamn hot. :smile:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Dancing is therapy to me. Performance dance, at a house party, or just around the house.. it is an awesome high.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate dancing, it makes me feel so self-conscious. I did take a ballroom class once though as a birthday present to a girlfriend. I don't think she knew how big a present it really was :)

That said, many is the time I've put on a bravura Mick Jagger performance in the safety of my living room.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I only enjoy doing it when im drunk, if not im very self-conscious. Its actually one of the only times in my life when I get like that too...kinda weird.

am_i_evil666

i did some performance dance - latino and ballroom, but i haven't gone to classes for 2 years. ( i suddenly decided yesterday to go today :D)
and i just love dancing at parties, especially after a few drinks, i get very.....uninhibited. and i am aware others are looking at me but.....:devil:

R

RDF

( i suddenly decided yesterday to go today :D)

Great! :nice: I took a few years of classes a long time ago. But since then my wife and I haven't really been into the classes, and instead we've gotten a library of VCR tapes and DVDs of dance steps for use at home. It allows us to practice and pick up steps at home according to our own schedule.

Classes or trainers are better for polishing style (and classes are good for singles). But my wife and I are mainly into Ballroom and Latin at the social dance level, so we just use the tapes and DVDs to review our current steps and maybe pick up a few new steps when we get bored with the old ones.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
:yay:

I just did 3 hours today of dance and I feel much better already. :)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^ sigh.
I wish I could go too. Dancing I mean.
Were you in a dancing class or just out having fun?

When I go out I can spend many hours dancing. I just love it. :heart:

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
dance classes! :yes:

first one was a lapdance workshop with a schoolgirl's theme, and the second one was a 2 hour hiphop routine to PCD's Don't 'Cha.

Yes, I'm feeling rather angsty/upset at the moment and figured to take it out in the dance studio vs on others around me.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
It is. Now I ache like anything. :D But I feel better. :)

Fineline, never too old. I always thought it'd be magical to dance with your partner. In dance as in life.

Here's a pair I love the connection of the lead and follow of (rhumba). The way they read each other and the lines they draw.:

1st rhumba

And 2nd rumba

R

RDF

It is. Now I ache like anything. :D But I feel better. :)

Fineline, never too old. I always thought it'd be magical to dance with your partner. In dance as in life.

Here's a pair I love the connection of the lead and follow of (rhumba). The way they read each other and the lines they draw.:

1st rhumba

And 2nd rumba

I'll have to check them out at work next week. It takes too long to download them on dial-up at home. :steam:

We don't do the fancy maneuvers of the pros, of course. We're probably at about intermediate level in most of our dances. But after 8 years of dancing together, my wife can follow my lead with minimal cues. So when we're in good form, it really is pretty amazing to run through a bunch of varied steps in quick succession and feel her gliding along right with me without a hitch.

Half the time she's not even paying attention. She watches the other dancers, and her body and feet just move along with mine by reflex. :D

Our favorite dances are probably the faster ones: Mambo (Salsa), Quickstep, Samba, Fast Waltz (Viennese Waltz). But we'll dance practically any couple's dance that the band will play: Rumba, Polka, Foxtrot, Swing, Cha-cha, Zydeco, and so on.

By the way: "Lapdance workshop with a schoolgirl's theme"? :shock: :nice: