• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MW3 - Modern Warfare 3

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I saw it on trailer, and it looks like one totally awesome game; it's practically World War 3. Been looking forward to it as the sequel to MW2 since last november; didn't bother with Black Ops though. I can't wait. Who else is looking forward to it? :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm jumping off the Modern Warfare bandwagon and landing right on Battlefield's. Passing on this one unless I hear really good things and Battlefield 3 ends up being a disappointment.

F

FigerPuppet

Modern what?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwOrl036_A&hd=1"]Battlefield 3, baby, YEAH.[/YOUTUBE]

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Modern what?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwOrl036_A&hd=1"]Battlefield 3, baby, YEAH.[/YOUTUBE]

Oh yeah. Have been, and always will be, a Battlefield fan. To be honest, CoD stopped being "good" to me after the atrocious singleplayer campaign in MW2. And BlOps? Ugh. I may purchase MW3, but only if they actually change up the multiplayer with something other than the rubber stamp they've been carrying on with for the past three installations.

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I dropped off the Call of Duty bandwagon when World At War came out.

I tell you, I wish I could create the same game with slightly better graphics and subpar online play every year and make untold billions.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I dropped off the Call of Duty bandwagon when World At War came out.

I tell you, I wish I could create the same game with slightly better graphics and subpar online play every year and make untold billions.
World at War kicked ass... I always remain partial to the WWII FPS games.

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I got tired of World War II games by the time I played the 9th one, in about 2001.

Within

Permabanned
I'll probably be dragged into playing Battlefield 3 by my gamer buddies, that said. Not a single one of the Battlefield games past, present or future are or will be able to hold a scintilla of the qualities that I enjoy CoD for. Seriously, no crouch toggle but scope toggle WTF is that even supposed to be? + add prone or GTFO already.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Prone might ruin the game for me. I've played all the cods so far extensively and they have all been okay (though Blops is quite broken, they obviously tried to release it too early). MW3 will probably be very good, at least at CoD4 standard. Definitely looking forward to a new and improved riot shield :D

There are definitely better games than CoD out there, CoD's multiplayer just provides immediate anger venting. Battlefield is honestly too boring.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm lukewarm on all the CoD's.

Always been a much bigger Battlefield fan, as well as a big proponent of mil sims like operation flashpoint, and ArmA.

Can't wait for BF3.

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Sounds like a personal problem to me. jk

I've no real interest in World War II beyond studying the Nazis. I have played out every possible WWII campaign and they're just... boring.

But so is Modern Warfare.

Tofu562

MBTI Type
ENFP
CoD2 is the best of the series by farrr.

BF2 was awesome. but I heard BF3 won't have a commander mode... which makes me not very interested.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

BF2 was awesome. but I heard BF3 won't have a commander mode... which makes me not very interested.

What's a commander mode?

Tofu562

MBTI Type
ENFP
In BF2 a player on each team could be the team's commander. It added a level of depth to the game that I haven't seen matched in any FPS so far. In games CoD4 and up, if you want a UAV, artillery, airstrikes, or whatever, you need a killstreak award.

In BF2, a commander is in charge of dropping supplies to his team, calling in artillery, dropping vehicles, and calling for UAV support on the map. Other players on the team had the option of joining squads, who the commander could give orders to.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I saw it on trailer, and it looks like one totally awesome game; it's practically World War 3. Been looking forward to it as the sequel to MW2 since last november; didn't bother with Black Ops though. I can't wait. Who else is looking forward to it? :D

I didn't bother with black ops either but I'm dying to play another COD hope this next one is good.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

BF3 might be over hyped, and I know people keep saying battlefield is a deeper game but I've had more fun playing MW2 than BBC2 and that's what it comes down to...FUN and I'm by no means a shallow arcade gamer.